Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: My father's mind now at rest...
MephistosMinion
Harmless

[*] posted on 17-12-2005 at 01:09
My father's mind now at rest...

I went to the police station today to check out some laws on pyro and chemistry.

They told me that there is abolutly nothing wrong with my practicing chemistry in ym own home, even slightly energetic chemistry.

They may change their mind sometime with the new terror laws (I'm in Tasmania BTW)

But either way my dads worries have been put to rest and I am now allowed to freely do chem at home :D
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 17-12-2005 at 14:16

I thought about taking that approach at one time. But was counseled that, in the US at least, that would be like inviting someone to kick you in the balls.

What is Tasmania's immigration policy for retired gentlemen who have independent means of support?

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem
MephistosMinion
Harmless

[*] posted on 18-12-2005 at 15:36

Same as Australia (Tassie is part of it)

I am not sure on the policy but if you wanted to move here it wouldn't be much hassle at all. Tasmania is a beautiful place to live (I can only now fully appreciate it after having lived in Sydney for several years)

http://www.rainforestpublishing.com.au/library%20images/Rain...

http://www.tasmania.visitorsbureau.com.au/images/index4.jpg

http://www.montescudaio.com/fabio/images/2003/09/07/cradle.j...

[Edited on 18-12-2005 by MephistosMinion]
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 18-12-2005 at 16:05

Thanks for the links. I shall certainly look at them and dream a bit. I may not ever be able to live there but I would certainly like to visit.

I didn't realize Tasmania was part of Australia so am surprised that you don't yet have draconian laws against home chemicals. I thought Australia was getting as paranoid as the US due to US jawboning and all the nearby terrorism (e.g., Bali, & other places in Indonesia).

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem
MephistosMinion
Harmless

[*] posted on 18-12-2005 at 17:37

There are some new laws coming into place soon but as the police officer said

"As long as you dont go buying truckloads of fertalizer then you are fine legally."

Go To Top