Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Need conductor non-corroding in air @ 2800*C
FPMAGEL
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 17-1-2006 at 21:15

"FPMAGEL, I don't understand what a micro wind turbine has to do with galvanic protection. "
You only need about 200watts, for a coulpe of Ks(they didn't mention the pipe size), to protect it.

In general, a current is sent through a water/gas pipe, this stops the pipe reacting with the surounding dirt, this related to thread by the fact it might stop oyxgen reacting with the graphite.

[Edited on 18-1-2006 by FPMAGEL]
Quince
National Hazard

[*] posted on 17-1-2006 at 22:01

Well, as these are the electrodes, the plasma current is already flowing through them. So would they be protected when serving as the cathodes, or anodes? In either case, one side still can't be protected.

\"One of the surest signs of Conrad\'s genius is that women dislike his books.\" --George Orwell
FPMAGEL
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 18-1-2006 at 00:54

AC current and high hertz should protect both. I don't know about what type you would need, high voltage or amps or both

What are you making?

[Edited on 18-1-2006 by FPMAGEL]
neutrino
International Hazard

Mood: oscillating

[*] posted on 18-1-2006 at 14:52

Would the positive and negative cycles of the AC have that net effect in this case? I know that AC in HCl solution will dissolve most metals including Pt. I doubt this is too different.
Quince
National Hazard

[*] posted on 18-1-2006 at 15:21

There's always DC bias in my case that exceeds the AC, so there's never a zero crossing. I see no way to implement galvanic protection; the answer's in materials and geometry I guess. I'll try using larger microhollows, but I have to go to a jeweller as all my diamond bits have worn out from drilling the sapphire (I was told to drill under water or the heat unbonds the diamond particles, but too late). Also, I don't know if larger microhollows will work at all. All I've seen in the literature are sub-millimeter, and mine are already about a millimeter.

\"One of the surest signs of Conrad\'s genius is that women dislike his books.\" --George Orwell
Texium
Administrator
Thread Moved
19-11-2023 at 10:54
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top