Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Need magnesia crucible
Quince
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 14-1-2006 at 22:44
Need magnesia crucible

It's less reactive than alumina and withstands more heat. Amazingly, I was able to get single-crystal magnesia wafers, but couldn't find magnesia ceramic crucibles. Any sources?

\"One of the surest signs of Conrad\'s genius is that women dislike his books.\" --George Orwell
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 15-1-2006 at 15:39

See graphitestore.com

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem
Quince
National Hazard

[*] posted on 15-1-2006 at 18:46

Thanks.

\"One of the surest signs of Conrad\'s genius is that women dislike his books.\" --George Orwell
Quince
National Hazard

[*] posted on 1-2-2006 at 22:35

Damn, these guys are way cheaper. The best quote I got from other companies for a 50 mL was $150 US.

On the other hand, their ordering system is broken, as it complains that my credit card expiry date is less than 30 days away and won't let me place the order; my card actually expires in March, which, according to the credit card company, means at the end of March, so actually there are two months left. This is very unprofessional!

[Edited on 2-2-2006 by Quince]

Quince
National Hazard

[*] posted on 9-3-2006 at 14:43

So I got the crucible today. It says it's good to 2200*C, but creep occurs at above 1200*C, so it should be supported by MgO sand. Where the hell do I get that?

Also, UPS sucks. For a crucible that ended up $56 Canadian, duties were only $7 but UPS put on top of that $40 brokerage fees, the motherfuckers!!

Go To Top