Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: I.V.F. and I.U.I methods of Human/Ape Crossbreeding
lordmagnus
Hazard to Self

Mood: No longer annoyed ( I found a new girlfriend)

shocked.gif posted on 18-1-2006 at 20:12
I.V.F. and I.U.I methods of Human/Ape Crossbreeding

Anyone here ever work with artificial insemination techniques on a human or veterinary model? Human and Chimpanzee DNA is 99% the same, there is only one big differance, two chromosomes in our common ancestor, fused together to become Chromosome #2 in the HomoSapien line. There is more differance between the big cats, and they somewhat succesfully crossbreed, as do killer whales, and dolphins, and as do sheep and goats (it makes a geep) their chromosome numbers are vastly different. Rumor has it that this was done to a success down in MEXICO (who knows if it's true), and was done to a partial success before the scientists destroyed the embreyo in a petri dish with human ova, and chimpanzee semen.
Anyone wonder what a human chimpanzee whould turn out like? Would it have a HYROID bone, and possess the power of speech?

I\'ll kill a man in a fair fight, or if I think he is gonna start a fair fight, or if he\'s bothrn me allot, or if I am getin payed good, or probably over a good woman.

-Jayne Cobb (Serenity)

12AX7
Post Harlot

Mood: informative

[*] posted on 18-1-2006 at 20:18

I thought they were shoats. :P

BTW, most hybrids (plants included) are at least sterile.

There's always the humanzee, but apprently he's just a chimp with an unusual pelvis.

Because of the debatable quality of life I doubt many people would be willing to try (yes, there are a *lot* of people, some of whom may).

Or you could find someone with a) a beastiality fetish and b) a pet chimp.
:o

Tim

Seven Transistor Labs LLC http://seventransistorlabs.com/
Electronic Design, from Concept to Layout.
Need engineering assistance? Drop me a message!
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
BromicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Rock n' Roll

[*] posted on 18-1-2006 at 21:03

There was a big special on this recently on the discovery channel I believe titled humanzee. You should be able to find something on that online. It is also rumored to have occured in China, a successful IVF and other places besides Mexico, but they are all unconfirmed rumors as far as I know. It was quite a long and exhausitve show and their overall conclusion is that it is bound to happen some day, somehow, and that the offspring will likely be sterile as are most cross-spring such as zorses and such, check out wiki's interesting list of hybrids.

Shamelessly plugging my attempts at writing fiction: http://www.robvincent.org
chemoleo
Biochemicus Energeticus

Mood: crystalline

[*] posted on 18-1-2006 at 22:37

Human/Ape cross-breeds are well-known throughout humanity. One noteworthy example is George Walker Bush, who shares a significant subset of genes with chimpanzees. Genomic comparison showed that some of his genes linked to brain development share great sequence similarity with the chimpanzee homologous genes.

For further proof consult the graphical analysis in the following link, from the renowned MIT institute:

http://web.mit.edu/margret/www/myndir/comics/bush_chimp.jpg

[Edited on 19-1-2006 by chemoleo]

Never Stop to Begin, and Never Begin to Stop...
Tolerance is good. But not with the intolerant! (Wilhelm Busch)
Mr. Wizard
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 18-1-2006 at 23:47

I read recently that Stalin, in an attempt to breed super soldiers that wouldn't eat too much and otherwise cause problems, had one of his scientists try to breed monkeys and humans. I'm not sure what the results were, but the 'scientist' was sent to the Gulags, so Stalin wasn't happy. Interesting stuff when you consider he was our ally twenty years later when we fought Hitler.
BTW some of the answers on this discussion should be in the whimsy section
Nerro
National Hazard

Mood: Whatever...

[*] posted on 19-1-2006 at 04:54
Attack of the Hyroids!

@ Lordmagnus post #1
Do you mean a Thyroid or the Hyoid bone? You can check here ;)

About the "Shoat or Geep"-thing, usualy the first part of the name comes from the species of the father. So if the father was a sheep the child would be a shoat and if the father was a goat the child would be a geep.

About the gulagged scientist, he probably just said it couldnt be done, Stalin seemed to dislike that answer ;)

Why don't we start with crossbreeding other species of Apes? That would give some usefull insights. Or what about modifying ape genomes to resemble human genomes? That way you could avoid having to use human genomes and still get a nice (fertile?) result. Imagine creating a whole species of docile subservient apemen that could serve humanity. That would be cool! I could really use a slave!

Or how about taking over the world by making humanoids for specialized tasks? Oh Brave New World!

[Edited on Thu/Jan/2006 by Nerro]
lordmagnus
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 19-1-2006 at 10:10
I agree

Your right, HYOID.. that was a typo.

As for sterility, if you wanted to take over the world, the mismatched genomes would be a good start, usually this leads to better than 99% sterility in the offspring (Texas A&M university claimed to have a fertile mule, like 1 in a million). This would at least keep your supersoldiers in check if you were going that direction.
If anyone wanted to do this, it would probably be scientists who wanted to see just how weird, weird can get. It would also be of some interest to the more radical militant enviromental groups who have said for years people at nature are to far apart now, and the creation of such a thing would be usefull to those who wanted to try to change the balance of things.

kingkong.jpg - 17kB

I\'ll kill a man in a fair fight, or if I think he is gonna start a fair fight, or if he\'s bothrn me allot, or if I am getin payed good, or probably over a good woman.

-Jayne Cobb (Serenity)

Esplosivo
Hazard to Others

Mood: Quantized

[*] posted on 19-1-2006 at 10:35

Unless some special treatment was applied to the oocytes and to the spermatocytes, it is very unlikely that the two would recognize each other. The reactions taking place prior to 'fusion' of the paternal and maternal nuclei, mainly the insertion process, is carried out by cell-to-cell recognition mediated by glycoproteins on the membranes of the respective cells, which are highly specific. One way to bypass this is to insert the male spermatocyte pronucleus directly into the oocyte by intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection. This though does not mean that the sort-of 'fertilized' cell will be a feasable one and start the mitotic divisions leading to a morula, etc..., for example due to chromosome mismatch.

A human-ape could be formed if the human genome of a fertilized oocyte, i.e. a blastomere (first cell after fertilization), is modified, inserting chimp genes. By trial and error it could lead to a human-ape. But what would be the use of this?

Edit: typo

[Edited on 19-1-2006 by Esplosivo]

Theory guides, experiment decides.
Nerro
National Hazard

Mood: Whatever...

[*] posted on 19-1-2006 at 12:42

it would be cool.
lordmagnus
Hazard to Self

cool.gif posted on 19-1-2006 at 15:03
Yes it would!

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerro
it would be cool.

I believe it would also, time to mix up the world a little more. I was bouncing ideas around about female subjects with a few others like me that are not on this forum. One idea is the bestiality/zoophilia scene for females to carry, and of course an aquaintance thought of the web site, "CRACK WHORE CONFESSIONS.com" Some crack chick would work if you just wanted to see if the embryo fetilization woul occur, and carry to term. I would think the more radical members of E.L.F. would be interested in the idea, populate the norht american woods with Gorilla people living in small villages and huts, that ought to give the tree loggers something to think about when trying to cut down the old growth forests.

-Jayne Cobb (Serenity)

The_Davster
A pnictogen

Mood: .

[*] posted on 20-1-2006 at 21:28

From the human perspective this would seem to be creating some sort of lesser intelligent hybrid, however if you were to think like a monkey, they would like this(assuming the product is fertile, which is not likely) as relative to their species the hybrid would be more intelligent and would be a superior to the monkey and ape species and possibly become the alpha 'ape', and assuming it had power of speech as well we could convince it to get the primates benevolent to us....It would kind of be like the old version of "planet of the apes" but before they destroyed humankind.:P

(Yes, I am rambling)

I'd be willing to attempt to grow one of these in a petri dish, too bad there are no primate ova on ebay:(

EDIT: I am sincerly sorry for this post....I am really tired and in a really good mood:)

[Edited on 21-1-2006 by rogue chemist]

BromicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Rock n' Roll

[*] posted on 20-1-2006 at 21:46

Mr. Wizard, here is a link to the story you mentioned on Stalin attempting super soliders by cross breeding with humans:

http://news.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=2434192005

And here is the wiki article on Chumans:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanzee

I guess if they were sucessfully created, they would be too close to humans to be considered food, even if they were delicious. :(

Shamelessly plugging my attempts at writing fiction: http://www.robvincent.org
lordmagnus
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 21-1-2006 at 16:27

Humm,

Your probably right on that. Got a, "Dear LordMagnus" letter from my girlfriend today, so i am not in the greatest moods. I think this sorta thing is what triggesr mad scientist intellect rampages against the mundanes. Yeah, more supply of biological materials would be nice for experimentation purposes.

-Jayne Cobb (Serenity)

lordmagnus
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 7-2-2006 at 19:50

Wow, must be the full moon, more wackos than ever before roaming the streets, and annoying us at our offices! I am mad now, I think I am going to try to acquire access to pigmy chimps, and some crack whores who wanna make a few bucks, with my lab, I am gonna make me a monkeyperson one way or the other.

-Jayne Cobb (Serenity)

kazaa81
Hazard to Others

Mood: ok

[*] posted on 8-2-2006 at 06:59

fuck to all so called "scientists" that want to attemp this...can death bring they all in hell!
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 8-2-2006 at 08:06

"The Island of Dr Moreau" is a fun science fiction story by H.G. Wells along this line. However, he didn't restrict his gene pool to just chimpanzees. :D

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem

Go To Top