Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: C-Anfo: Prilled or powdererd?
enhzflep
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 23-6-2006 at 18:09

Though I was unable to locate another occurance of the letters HAPAN on this forum, if they've appeared in the post I made above this is an error. The booster was good old "garden variety" Acetone Peroxide mixed with Ammonium Nitrate. (But 1kg of that :o)

The hardest part about replicating these results is the location of a suitably uninhabited part of the earth to test on. Given that a turkey set off ~4kg of anfo in aust a number of years ago and the blast was heard for IIRC 20km, this won't be a trivial matter :D
Nor would the aquisition of that much AN without attracting the attention of those assigned the job of preventing this shit from happening.

But hey, they're a couple a nice pics and a pretty good vid. Just couldn't keep them to myself, you know.
Chris The Great
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 23-6-2006 at 23:17

If I find a suitable location this summer, I will be doing a huge-ass AN based blast.

Also important, does anyone know an easy way to dig a 2m+ deep whole in dirt, wide enough for a large plastic paint bucket? I'd prefer not to dig all day with a shovel or have to carry a big gas powered drill on a big roadtrip to nowhere. I mean, I could stand digging all day but I would prefer not to have to.

This crazy ass plan was as a direct result from seeing the 10kg blast in the sand, it was just too impressive to pass up doing myself.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
enhzflep
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 24-6-2006 at 01:04

The only thing that springs to mind is a technique used when diiging ditches or dams, as described in either the blasters training manual or the dupont blasters hand-book (think I got the titles correct)

In the text I've written, one would dig a pilot hole first with a ~4inch post-hole digger.
Following this a reasonably small blast would be detonated at the bottom of this hole to create a large cavity at the bottom of a reasonably thin shaft. Following this, the ANFO would be poured in, the detonator inserted and the hole backfilled.

I would recommend this method as an alternative to digging the entire shaft large enough to accomodate the paint-buck for a number of reasons.

1) I'm assuming you plan to detonate more than 10cm * 10cm * 10cm (1 L - ~0.8kg) worth of AN. if this is so, then confinement inside the bucket is not too important as this is the critical diameter of AN. This means that the difference between plastic-bucket confinement and dirt confinement will be small to negligable and certainly not worth the effort of digging a huge-assed hole.

2) Given how far away from civilization you're going to need to be, there's really no danger in letting off a 'small pop' before the main event. If this first det is enough to alert anybody to your activities then you can bet your ass that the encore will positively have them soiling their strides :D

3) Two bangs has gotta be better than 1 eh? ;)

Can't find the blasting manuals at the moment, the disc's grown legs and pissed off on me, but if extra clarification is needed think of an upside down mushroom shaped cavity.

[EDIT: The process descibed is known as 'springing a hole' and should be done at least 1/2 hour before re-filling it. This is to allow any heat to dissipate and for burning embers to be noticed and extinguished. The process is described on pg 146 of the Blasters Training Manual

This file may be found here:
http://rapidshare.de/files/18521837/Blasters_Training_Manual...
]

[Edited on 25-6-2006 by enhzflep]
zmk
Harmless

[*] posted on 2-7-2006 at 17:48

For someone who does know.
Ammonium nitrate: 35.0.0.0 depend what packet and what industry ,factory who manufacture.
And also same working very good with 34.0.0.0
AN: 92% powder
Fuel oil: 8%
C : 2% powder
H2SO4.... 99%: for 1kg need 11ml to 15ml depend what fuel you will use. I use 11ml for our EX.
Mix AN with Fuel oil and this ANFO must stay like that 1week
after that mix C very good and for end mix but with protected hands H2SO4 with that ANFO.the point with acid is for make nitro fuel in that mixture.
And point with C to start with little detonator or little buster.
Detonation velocita: 6000m/s with 1.8gr/cm3
Buster: sometime need 30gr buster ,sometime no need depend from the fuel what u will use and how much % u will mix with the AN.
For our EX need boster: 20gr AP with 10gr AN and 0.2ml fuel oil mixing together all. Don't put in to much fuel oil in AN and AP because u will clouse all oxigen from AN and AP can't take oxigen from AN.
If someone have questions I am here.

[Edited on 03-07-2006 by zmk]
zmk
Harmless

[*] posted on 2-7-2006 at 18:17

AN: 88% powder
Fuel Oil : 7%
NaNO3 or KNO3 : 5% powder
C : 1% powder

Mix AN with Fuel oil and NaNO3 or KNO3 and wait 1 week ,after that mix C

Detonation velocita: 5500-6000m/s 1.7-1.8gr/cm3

Very stable EX and very good.
Boster yes need: 40gr AP mix with 20gr AN and 1ml Fuel oil.
st0ne
Harmless

[*] posted on 5-7-2006 at 04:57

zmk, I advise you against putting fuel oil in you booster charges. There is no need of it. AP has very negative OB, so your booster doesn't need fuel - it needs of more oxidizer. A mixture of 88% AN and 12% AP has perfect OB but low brisance. Try APAN in ratio 1:1 or 1:2.
Fulmen
International Hazard

Mood: Bored

[*] posted on 6-7-2006 at 00:02

Can someone please kick this moron the h*ll off the forum? Please?
enhzflep
Hazard to Others

wink.gif posted on 7-7-2006 at 00:57

Surely we can post some usefull links for him.... ;)

ZMK, here's a couple of links you may find usefull:

---> Calculate This

---> Don't forget the K factor

Just in case the last 2 links were not written well so as to express the crux of the matter,
---> Additional Info
zmk
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-7-2006 at 05:00

I delete all because maybe is not right place here for talk
about AP and other EX its ok.
Who tell u that links or u have use before....?
If u dont like to know for that u can tell me and i will delete .
Zinc
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-7-2006 at 11:10

Quote:
Originally posted by enhzflep
You think the crater in the field is decent? Wait till you see the video ;)

I think that the crater in the field is decent and please post the video of the explosion if you have it.
enhzflep
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-7-2006 at 16:34

Sorry Zinc, I'm afraid to say that to my knowledge, there never was a video of the blast in the field. It was some 20 years ago IIRC and the shots are actually scans of 'real' photos. I just meant the blast on the beach. That crater has 3 or 4 people inside the crater on the floor - not even piled up around the rim.. Judging by the stills of the field, the video wouldn't come close to that of the beach blast. The only bummer is that the guy's video capture card wasn't working properly at the time, hence no sound. :( :(

Zmk, Say what, Hey what, Huh???? Nothing wrong with the discussion of AP here. People do it all the time. Google told me the location of those links after I typed in Internet Troll and then Kewl. I've not read those entries before, but considered them somewhat pertinent to the dialog being conducted.
Quote:
If u dont like to know for that u can tell me and i will delete .
WTF???? - Man, your grammar isn't even terrible.:P What's with this fixation for deleting everything. You shouldn't go back and delete it later - just don't fuck it up at the time.. You know? Consider your posts as permanent, but to a degree, changeable.
The only thing I can guess from the line I quoted you on is "If you don't want the information I posted, tell me and I will delete it" Is this what you meant?

Discussion is (almost)always welcome and is even more valuble when being conducted with somebody that has experience, but mate, you need to be clear and concise. It also helps if you don't set off everybody's "Bullshit Detectors" 'Cos when you do this with a post that hardly makes sense people become very tired, very quickly.

On the other hand, I've had no chance to test as yet - nor research to check the validity of your claims. However, the emulsion idea with oil, detergent and H2O2 sounds interesting.
Thank-you. Perhaps you should use a different web-based chinese->english translator (if you even need one) OR you could try running your posts through Word first to have some basic grammar checking done.
zmk
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-7-2006 at 21:06

Yes man u are right and my English is bad.
That emulsion is great and work like rocket fuel when have temperature 60- 80C .
If u mix 1:1 u will have EX and that mixture can explode when is with temperature 80C
The oil for eat is very good for emulsion because inside in that oil have little % water but still need little liquid detergent for very very good emulsion.
I didn't make very good test with the emulsion and AN i know only for 92% AN and 8% emulsion and work very good but i think still need more % emulsion

[Edited on 03-07-2006 by zmk]
zmk
Harmless

[*] posted on 8-7-2006 at 20:51

AN: 6gr
Coffe : 2gr
AL: 2gr

Powerful mixture ,
The power= 1.4 TNT

Other EX very good.......

AN:80%