Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Nitronate.....
marco2551
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-2-2006 at 12:19
Nitronate.....

I did found topics on this argoument....Does any one know anithing about Nitronate??I don't want know how to prepare the Nitronate salt....are this compounds stable?how much are this compounds sensitive to shock?

every informations is appreciate...

thanks (sorry for my poor english)
neutrino
International Hazard

Mood: oscillating

[*] posted on 8-2-2006 at 14:22

Search this board and www.roguesci.org. You will find plenty of information.
Axt
National Hazard

[*] posted on 8-2-2006 at 18:27

http://xfiles.ft100.net/images/nm-base-reactions.zip
The_Davster
A pnictogen

Mood: .

[*] posted on 8-2-2006 at 19:16

The alkali nitonate salts of Nitromethane indeed have been discussed to death, however, I recently read/skimmed a book called 'nitronates, nitrolic acids, nitroles and nitroxides'(or a title along those lines). It was absolutly FASCINATING. Once you make the nitronate salt of a nitroalkane it can be carefully acidified to give nitronic acids, and with these and nitronates you can have all sorts of awesome reactions occuring. I am really wanting to read more of that book in the near future. Unfortunatly I have not been able to find it again at the uni library, someone has borrowed it for an extended period of time, but I took down a couple patent numbers.

Attached is one such patent, it gives a nice overview of some(very few) of these reactions.

Some of these compounds could be interesting from an energetics standpoint.

Attachment: pat2370185-nitrolic acid and nitroles.pdf (434kB)
This file has been downloaded 768 times

woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 8-2-2006 at 23:58

How large is that book you read? If you again find this book, could it be scanned? I really would love to read about that. I recently purchased 2 liters of pure CH3NO2 (over here you can buy 99.9% CH3NO2 in some hobby stores for making your own fuel mixes) and I have been playing around with making nitronates, and using these as starting point, together with NaNO2 I tried to make nitrolates. Really interesting stuff, but nitrolates are very hard to make. Nitronates already are quite unstable, nitrolates are even more unstable and elusive.
With nitrolates as starting point, it _might_ be possible to make O2NCN, nitrylcyanide. Studying such simple, yet strange, compounds is something which really raises my interests.

Unfortunately it is very hard to find good literature about aliphatic nitro-compounds :(. Most organic chemistry textbooks simply skip aliphatic nitro compounds or just cover them very briefly. The book you had may shed some more light on this matter.

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

[*] posted on 9-2-2006 at 06:38

It would be interesting if you could recover the exact title and more details through, say, your library search engine.

Then I could check whether my uni has it.

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
sparkgap
International Hazard

Mood: chaotropic

[*] posted on 9-2-2006 at 06:58

woelen:

I had started typing in stuff from a book on nitration by G. Olah (search for it, it's somewhere in the forum) and I seem to remember there was a sizeable section on aliphatic nitros (ter Meer reaction, substitution reactions, mmm...). Unfortunately, I currently do not have access to the library carrying the book; at least not until ~4 months from now. Maybe that's the book rogue saw?

sparky (~_~)

"What's UTFSE? I keep hearing about it, but I can't be arsed to search for the answer..."
IPN
Hazard to Others

Mood: oxidized

[*] posted on 9-2-2006 at 12:01

I'm not sure but I think the book might have been this:

Quote:

Torssell, Kurt B. G.
Nitrile Oxides, Nitrones and Nitronates in Organic Synthesis
Novel Strategies in Synthesis
Organic Nitro Chemistry (Volume 020)
ISBN 0-471-18687-2 - John Wiley & Sons

Damn expensive (179€) but surely interesting. :)
The_Davster
A pnictogen

[*] posted on 9-2-2006 at 16:09

Nope, that was not the book, although it too looks interesting.

Great idea Vulture! It paid off:cool:.
"Nitrones, nitronates, and nitroxides / by Eli Breuer, Hans Gunter Aurich, Arnold Nielsen ; edited by Saul Patai and Zvi Rappoport."
:)

The uni library website says it is on the shelf....some idiot must have put in the wrong place which is why I cannot find it.

EDIT: You know...I might have been that idiot who put the book in the wrong space :P

[Edited on 10-2-2006 by rogue chemist]

The_Davster
A pnictogen

[*] posted on 13-2-2006 at 20:50

How curious.....I found the book, just sitting on a table not even near the library or the chem building. What a stroke of luck. The library still says it on the shelf, so I have a dilemma...to return it or to keep such a fascinating book.

I will post the table of contents and some interesting reactions in a few days, after midterms. Such as CClNO2 groups and C(NO2)2 groups including a dinitrotoluene with 2 nitros on the methyl:D All starting from our friends, the nitronates:)

Go To Top