Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: The-Hive as torrent
Organikum
resurrected

Mood: busy and in love

[*] posted on 21-2-2006 at 03:14
The-Hive as torrent

http://ts.searching.com/torrent/542946/Chemistry_Compilation...

Irgendwas is ja immer
chemoleo
Biochemicus Energeticus

Mood: crystalline

[*] posted on 21-2-2006 at 10:00

Thanks... unfortunately, the torrent seems inactive, it is not possible to connect to it (while other torrents work fine).
Where are thou seeds?

Never Stop to Begin, and Never Begin to Stop...
Tolerance is good. But not with the intolerant! (Wilhelm Busch)
Organikum
resurrected

[*] posted on 21-2-2006 at 10:04

I am the only seeder by now and have 5 peers connected, you may just be patient - and use Azureus for it´s distributed tracking enabled.

/ORG

Irgendwas is ja immer
The_Davster
A pnictogen

Mood: .

[*] posted on 21-2-2006 at 10:13

I am using Azureus...I am connected to 5(4) peers...:o..go figure.
Thanks!
I will seed when I am done for a couple of days or so...

PainKilla
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-2-2006 at 10:25

Always good to have a backup, I'll be seeding whenever my computer is on.... (which is always.)

MadHatter
International Hazard

Mood: Enjoying retirement

[*] posted on 21-2-2006 at 12:21
Hive

I have a Hive backup on my FTP under CHEMISTRY - ORGANIC. I don't know if it
was the latest version or not.

From opening of NCIS New Orleans - It goes a BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM ! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
Organikum
resurrected

[*] posted on 21-2-2006 at 13:04

Thats for sure a good thing to have, but I was contacted by several friends about a possibility to get the-hive rip and not all of them are members of SCM and have FTP access. So I thought a torrent would be the means of choice to get this spreaded further.

Thanks to all who help seeding
/ORG

Irgendwas is ja immer
S.C. Wack
bibliomaster

Mood: Enhanced

[*] posted on 21-2-2006 at 14:09

Perhaps we can get this straight, as to what exactly it is? As there has been no description. Is it a httrack of both the arcHive and the attatchments that go with it, or what?

I just want things to be clear for those who never saw the Hive. Some see the synthetikal arcHive and think that is all there was, when in fact it is only a portion, even of the chem threads. (It would be hilarious if someone had httrack'd the complete Couch, only, and now put it out as a "Hive backup", without further comment.)
Organikum
resurrected

[*] posted on 21-2-2006 at 14:22

"Is it a httrack of both the arcHive and the attatchments that go with it,"
It´s this made from the source Synthetical used to provide this information (not gathered by me btw), people told me that Synthetikal is down and others don´t want to go there, so I made the torrent. Doesn´t hurt I thought.

Already the-hive itself was never complete in the last days as it was heavily edited by certain administrators for sometimes doubtful reasons.

/ORG

[Edited on 21-2-2006 by Organikum]

[Edited on 21-2-2006 by Organikum]

Irgendwas is ja immer
Quantum
Hazard to Others

Mood: Interested

[*] posted on 21-2-2006 at 20:13

Quote:

It would be hilarious if someone had httrack'd the complete Couch, only, and now put it out as a "Hive backup", without further comment.

I have always wanted to read the posts in the Couch but of course the other parts are more interesting.

Thank you Organikum

I have been using the standard BT tools but I will try out this Azureus program now...

What if, what is isn\'t true?
MadHatter
International Hazard

[*] posted on 22-2-2006 at 10:43
Hive

The "Download an offline searchable copy from: www.mfi.synthetikal.com" doesn't work.
I made an HTTRACK version starting with the webpage that synthetikal provides. Until I find
a "fuller" version it's the best I can provide for the FTP.

From opening of NCIS New Orleans - It goes a BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM ! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
daeron
Hazard to Self

Mood: cancerogenic

[*] posted on 22-2-2006 at 12:56

ill upload it whenever they delete it, sorry dont like torrents.
http://rapidshare.de/files/13412429/HiveFilez-2005-04-08.rar...

Humans with their brains are like a caveman with a supercomputer. Yes there is a chance that the caveman will use it to calculate the trajectories and the momentums of the celestial bodies, but the chances are that he will just crack open a coconut with it.
Organikum
resurrected

[*] posted on 22-2-2006 at 13:16

The limit at rapidshare is 100MB, the torrent has about 450MB, I guess somethings missing daeron.

/ORG

Irgendwas is ja immer
MadHatter
International Hazard

[*] posted on 22-2-2006 at 14:16
Hive

Daeron, I just downloaded the file from RapidShare, although it looks like the file
downloaded in the early days of my FTP. It's in the UPLOAD folder.

As for access to the FTP, it's by request. I won't deny anybody unless there's a compelling
reason. I believe in the free spread of information - no matter how controversial. I control
access to keep the server from being tied up and it's available across 4 different boards.
It's come to my attention that a member of this board placed his/her access information on another
site. I can live with this provided, the server doesn't get bogged down to the point that
members will have a hard time accessing it. Keep the spread of information alive but don't
hinder your fellow members.

P.S. Daeron and S.C. Wack, please check your U2Us.

S.C. Wack
bibliomaster

[*] posted on 22-2-2006 at 14:59

What daeron uploaded was a response to the post immediately before it, it is the .iso that was the file that is no longer at www.mfi.synthetikal.com.

The big torrent file can be rapidshared by anyone who wants to do so, by splitting .rar volumes, for instance. But this might detract from the torrent, and torrents are hard enough to keep alive as it is.
S.C. Wack
bibliomaster

[*] posted on 19-8-2006 at 18:16

The torrent is dead but the synthetikal arcHive .iso in daeron's rapidshare .rar lives on. I too took the liberty of spidering the attachments while they were available at synthetikal, because good things don't last. Here they are as an offline copy for those with the .iso who also want the 3205 jpeg, bmp, gif, txt, pdf, and djvu that were originally spidered from the-hive.ws by whoever did this. If the link from it in the .iso is a (currently not-working) synthetikal link, it's here and it has the same file name. 405 MB of 2 split volumes, 451 MB unpacked to a single folder.

http://rapidshare.de/files/30003434/picproxie_docs.part1.rar...
http://rapidshare.de/files/30049588/picproxie_docs.part2.rar...
tonyxxy
Unregistered

[*] posted on 21-8-2006 at 07:44

Quote:
Originally posted by S.C. Wack
The torrent is dead but the synthetikal arcHive .iso in daeron's rapidshare .rar lives on. I too took the liberty of spidering the attachments while they were available at synthetikal, because good things don't last. Here they are as an offline copy for those with the .iso who also want the 3205 jpeg, bmp, gif, txt, pdf, and djvu that were originally spidered from the-hive.ws by whoever did this. If the link from it in the .iso is a (currently not-working) synthetikal link, it's here and it has the same file name. 405 MB of 2 split volumes, 451 MB unpacked to a single folder.

http://rapidshare.de/files/30003434/picproxie_docs.part1.rar...
http://rapidshare.de/files/30049588/picproxie_docs.part2.rar...

Thanks S.C. Wack for posting these files. For those interested I just finished repacking/combining the attachments and the original searchable hive index.

This means no more manual searching for invalid hyperlinks. All attachments reside in a local folder and all hyperlinks are updated to point to that local folder.

Also the default search results are increased to 1000. This is done to fix the known problem when more then one keyword is entered.

The compressed archive is 459273 kB.
The unpacked archive is 778290 kB.
Eliteforum
National Hazard

Mood: Enjoying the journey

[*] posted on 21-8-2006 at 10:32

If someone has a decent connection and has this file, PM me and I'll set up a FTP account so it can be uploaded to my website and downloaded from there.

All that glitters isn't gold.
wa gwan
Harmless

[*] posted on 21-8-2006 at 12:51

Quote:
Originally posted by tonyxxy
Thanks S.C. Wack for posting these files. For those interested I just finished repacking/combining the attachments and the original searchable hive index.

This means no more manual searching for invalid hyperlinks. All attachments reside in a local folder and all hyperlinks are updated to point to that local folder.

Also the default search results are increased to 1000. This is done to fix the known problem when more then one keyword is entered.

The compressed archive is 459273 kB.
The unpacked archive is 778290 kB.

You can do better than that. Copy the files from the .iso to your hard disk. Use a text-string find-and-replace program to mass-edit the html (eg. ReplaceEm). The html is coded to request .gifs from synthetikal.com which is a nuisance and a privacy risk and should be stripped out. Strip out the "noindex" meta-tagging and edit all links that point to other hive posts and rhodium.ws to point to the relevant directories on your disk. ReplaceEm allows you to edit multiple strings at once so if you have a good look at the source html before you start you can do everything in one go. Finally, index the whole thing with an offline search program such as DiskMeta. Burn everything to a new .iso if you wish.

The search function already provided on the .iso is faulty, slow and doesn't search thread content only thread titles. Use your own. Remove the noindex tag first!!
flush_it
Harmless

[*] posted on 6-9-2006 at 05:55

so tell me u all after the original downloadable hive filez??i got them not sure if its what u lookin 4??
solo
International Hazard

Mood: ....getting old and drowning in a sea of knowledge

[*] posted on 6-9-2006 at 08:00

What do you have? The Hive files were never made available , only parts and pieces were assembled and made available at synthetikal , the Rhodium archives and the Pdf collection has been available for a while now ......so, do tell what you have and bundle it up and zip it up to rapidshare and share with us.......................solo

[Edited on 6-9-2006 by solo]

It's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees....Emiliano Zapata.
Deevel
Harmless

[*] posted on 25-10-2006 at 04:50

Can the second part of picproxies be re-uploaded to Rapidshare? It's been deleted. Downloaded the first part no problem...thanks!!
sadhu.ian
Harmless

[*] posted on 6-4-2007 at 11:03

How fucking stupid an american can be? Fucker--don´t use rapid share --it´s useless--after a few hour´s your link is broken. Is it the amerikan attention-span-or why are you still using it.
S.C. Wack
bibliomaster

[*] posted on 6-4-2007 at 13:57

Quote:
Originally posted by sadhu.ian
How fucking stupid an american can be? Fucker--don´t use rapid share --it´s useless--after a few hour´s your link is broken. Is it the amerikan attention-span-or why are you still using it.

The links are 8 months old. This was before rapidshare went below 3 weeks before deleting, and the 2nd link was deleted because Deevel waited 2 months before trying to download.

Looks like you are the most american poster here. Congratulations troll.ian, I guess. Thank you for dazzling us all with your brilliant insight and 1337 first post.

So, who are you, really? You created an account and waited all this time just for this?
joeflsts
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 6-4-2007 at 18:29

Quote:
Originally posted by sadhu.ian

What an excellent example of making friends. Thank you - my evening is complete.

Joe
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top