Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Many chemicals will be forbidden in the USA???
innervision
Harmless

Mood: eh.

[*] posted on 2-3-2006 at 00:14

I don't think there's nearly enough demand for (non-drug precursor) chems for it to actually become widespread blackmarketed, but if the government squeezes our balls with the death grip, who knows?

>>"think about it, no taxes" Look at the drug black market. They tax you like a MFer considering the costs of production. Besides, the gangsters/organizers would tax you anyways to work in their part of town.

rights... at least they look good on paper. :P
I am a fish
undersea enforcer

Mood: Ichthyoidal

[*] posted on 2-3-2006 at 02:53

I notice that "salicylate compounds" made the list of restricted chemicals. Does that mean that the US government will be conducting door-to-door raids for aspirin (acetyl salicylate) possession?

1f `/0u (4|\\| |234d 7|-|15, `/0u |234||`/ |\\|33d 70 937 0u7 /\\/\\0|23.
hinz
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2-3-2006 at 04:46

If the big chem suppliers won't sell to amateur scientists any more, we have to make our basic chemicals ourselves. This would need some more time for one synthesis, but then we are independent and no one can take us the chemicals away. When I try to synt. a chemical compound I always try to do this with chemicals which cause the less trouble to get. I think most of us do it in the same way.
But when I look at the chemical structure of the materials in my environment, I see that nearly all base chemicals can be made out of them.

For example acetone: Oxidise EtOH (whiskey in worst case or self fermented) to acetic acid, add this to pot ash and heat the pottasium acetate to 500°C, collect the destillate.
Or benzoic acid/Some kind of benzolate can be made of PET plastic by hydroxide ester bond breakage.

Those synths mostly have low yields and have a big time cosumtion, but in the worst case you can only get your chems in this way.

Of course some chemicals still make poblems like H2SO4 from CaSO4 and phosphorous from phosphate. But when the time is come and even sulphuric acid is unavailable, some of ous will do some research in these subjets and I'm sure they'll have sucess with more or less equipment.

For lab equipment there is already some kind of black market/second hand market and I think It will be difficult to regulate glassware since most of it can be substituted (it's impressive how meth cooks cook their meth with simple equipment, just google for "meth lab", there are a lot of pictures by "good" fucking DEA-men which have terminated some "bad" meth labs and are very proud of it) by household things or can get by friends which work in research/universities.

[Edited on 2-3-2006 by hinz]
Swany
Hazard to Others

Mood: Sanguine

[*] posted on 2-3-2006 at 06:39

Either way it turns out, I am stocking up. Pyrochems first, as these would be the first to go.

When you get a 50lb drum, it gets much cheaper. Plus, resale value may go up a bit in 5 years. :(

evil_lurker
National Hazard

Mood: On the wagon again.

[*] posted on 2-3-2006 at 06:50

I dunno what the shelf life is on the oxidizers... ya better check.
IrC
International Hazard

Mood: Discovering

[*] posted on 2-3-2006 at 07:10

They will get my aspirin when they pry it out of my cold dead fingers!
Silicium
Harmless

Mood: Metalloid

[*] posted on 2-3-2006 at 07:24

Ah...crap I didn't think about the shelf life of some chemicals...sigh!!!:mad:

The elephant never forgets, but I forget what the elephant remembered.
Swany
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 2-3-2006 at 12:37

Long enough for my lifetime. I won't be storing ammonium chlorate. ;)

vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

[*] posted on 2-3-2006 at 13:10

Donating won't help.

This only reinforces the catch-22 situation. Modern societies are regulated by law, which is complicated and within the grasp of a few select persons.

Donating money for a defense fund only leads to lawyers vs lawyers battling eachother to death, choking down huge amounts of money and further reinforcement of the legislative lobby, so to speak.

I have to say I'm currently spending more time with photography than my chemistry hobby and the legal and societal repercussions are an important reason.

My lab remains stocked and equipped as ever though, so I might just be a sleeper.

Any front or action regarding this will have to involve educational institutions and given their inherent political connections it will be at best hard to get them to support controversial scientific activities.

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 2-3-2006 at 13:18

When I got into home chemistry about 2 years ago I thought things could only get worse so panicked a little and began agressively stocking up. I concentrated on equipment as I figured that, if worse comes to worse, I can make the chemicals.

After 2 years now I pretty much have the equipment I want and really didn't have any trouble getting it. Ebay has a huge selection of glassware and it doesn't seem to be tapering off one bit. When I recently searched "Business & Industrial >Healthcare, Lab, & Life Science>lab supplies> chemicals" I came up with 614 hits. To me, this looks wonderful.

True, an individual can't buy chemicals from the scientific supply houses. This sucks. But their prices are always so high that they would be my source of last resort anyway. I don't seem to have any trouble buying equipment from the major supply houses. I may not be able to set up an account but they are glad to take my credit card.

So I feel as S. C. Wack. In some ways we never had it so good. We have this forum and access to almost unlimited chemistry information. This may indeed be looked back on as the golden age for home chemists.

We do have to live with society's persecution of our hobby and falsely judging our motives. Some also think that it is a big risk just participating. I agree that this is an ugly reality. We should put the blame where it squarely belongs: illegal drug makers and terrorists. LE, for the most part, is just trying to do its job. It is easy to misplace our venom on them instead of the root cause.

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem
MadHatter
International Hazard

Mood: Enjoying retirement

[*] posted on 2-3-2006 at 18:58
Backlashes

Like you Magpie, I'm pretty well stocked up on everything that I want or need. And if that
doesn't work, I'll make what I need. That's why I encourage people to post chemical or equipment
manufacturing methods, no matter how inefficient or troublesome the technique is. It may
come down to that some day.

Already, backlashes, no matter how small, are starting to popup in the USA. No, I don't mean
our hobbies, although that may happen eventually. Some examples:

1) The US Supreme Court's decision(without the new justices, Roberts and Alito) that allows
private property to be condemned in favour of developers who promise a more taxable base
to local politicians. One group is now trying to have Justice Souter's property condemned and
taken away. BB & T Bank has vowed not to finance ANY project where the property has been
seized by "eminent domain".

2) Remember Hurricane Katrina ? Down there in New Orleans, the mayor(SHITHEAD !)
ordered that guns be confiscated from private citizens after the storm, based on his own
personal view of gun owners. A US Federal judge ordered the confiscation stopped and
the guns returned. In New Hampshire, some state legislators who have vowed "Not In My
BackYard", have introduced a bill to make it a Class A Felony, with appropiate penalties for
any LEO or politician to attempt to confiscate firearms from people without good reason.

These 2 examples don't seem like much but the forces that be should take a message from
it - we're tired of your BULLSHIT ! CPSC, are you listening ASSHOLES ?

From opening of NCIS New Orleans - It goes a BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM ! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
joeflsts
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 2-3-2006 at 19:41

Quote:
Originally posted by Magpie
When I got into home chemistry about 2 years ago I thought things could only get worse so panicked a little and began agressively stocking up. I concentrated on equipment as I figured that, if worse comes to worse, I can make the chemicals.

After 2 years now I pretty much have the equipment I want and really didn't have any trouble getting it. Ebay has a huge selection of glassware and it doesn't seem to be tapering off one bit. When I recently searched "Business & Industrial >Healthcare, Lab, & Life Science>lab supplies> chemicals" I came up with 614 hits. To me, this looks wonderful.

True, an individual can't buy chemicals from the scientific supply houses. This sucks. But their prices are always so high that they would be my source of last resort anyway. I don't seem to have any trouble buying equipment from the major supply houses. I may not be able to set up an account but they are glad to take my credit card.

So I feel as S. C. Wack. In some ways we never had it so good. We have this forum and access to almost unlimited chemistry information. This may indeed be looked back on as the golden age for home chemists.

We do have to live with society's persecution of our hobby and falsely judging our motives. Some also think that it is a big risk just participating. I agree that this is an ugly reality. We should put the blame where it squarely belongs: illegal drug makers and terrorists. LE, for the most part, is just trying to do its job. It is easy to misplace our venom on them instead of the root cause.

For the most part I agree with everything that you have written. It's just too easy to blame law enforcement for the state we find ourselves in. But if you be very honest they are just doing their job. The real issue isn't law enforcement... It's US. You see we live in a society that has decided that we're never at fault and it is always someone else that made us do something stupid.

The next time you slip and fall think long and hard about whose fault it is......

Joe
Chris The Great
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 2-3-2006 at 20:43

Oh, it's more than that. I find our society to be the most devious idea off seizing absolute power ever concieved. The central core is the general idea that you know what is going on and are well informed. Once this idea pops into the sheeples head, they will NEVER need to look deeper into something. By providing controversy, the sheeple go "oh, bush is bad" (NOT government is bad) and feel like they know all the governments tricks. And, because they "know" this 99.99% of them will never look much deeper into the issue. People question the government, but they never really get the big picture because their attention span has been shortened. Which brings me to my second point.

Television has shortened the attention span and intellectual capability of most sheeple, and at the same time slowly but surely cements in societal values. Mostly, it tells you to consume and buybuybuy, to fear the evil terrorists who are out to get you (through either the news or TV shows about herioc (and sexy) government terorist fighters) and to simply not do much. Why do something when you can watch someone else doing it, without having to get up. This of course leads to idolizing celebrities, as opposed to actually having an interesting life of your own. This idolization makes them forget their poor, empty lives consisting of working and working until they can retire at age 70, and then watch TV all day as opposed to just in the evenings, and so prevents them from going "hey, what the hell is wrong with this society?"

Somewhere in this ADD hyperactive orgy of flashing colours all ability, and most importantly WANT and NEED to think dissappeared. Ever wonder why there is hardly anything with a plot in it there days? Because the sheeple do not want to think. They want to have things happen to them because they are to legarthic and used to watching others to do anything themselves. Thinking is hard, why should the sheeple think when they can turn on a box with lots of explosions and gunfights to think for them?

Our society has made a population of mindless zombies, who think that they are smart and individual and in control, when in fact they have had all WANT of thought and action removed from them. They THINK they know what is going on, but they don't. That is the key thing here.

Such a society will never repel against it's captors. Sick, twisted genious. Now, can you blame it solely on the government? No, but they sure as hell are taking full advantage of it. It seems to perfectly done to be an accident.

This goes far beyond simply not having the ability to buy chemicals often used in pyro. It goes far beyond that. It is the slow, creeping clutch of tyranny seeping over the world behind democracies that are no more than a farce. The reason nobody noticed is for the above reasons, and also because it is slow. What happens with a slow plot? People fall asleep or look at something else. And bit by bit we've slipped into a world where the US government can arrest and detain it's own citizens without trial, where the UK bans all (or nearly all) private firearm ownership, etc. But since it only comes bit by bit, nobody really notices, much less does anything.

Lets face it, you can't protest that sort of thing. Who is going to join you when you're saying that the ENTIRE government needs to be thrown out? We're not talking an election or something, that won't change a thing, you need to get rid of most of the entire system.
Canada showed this nicely in the last election, we voted in a Conservative rather than Liberal government and within weeks things are back to normal with the exception that the colours are a little different. Politicians merely say whatever the population wants to hear just so they can get elected. And yet, they don't hold the power, the unelected bureaucracy holds it.

My current feeling on this, considering the number of replies here and discussions going on at E&W, and basically the general mood of all the educated/well armed people on the net, is that we are getting quite sick of this. No, beyond sick. People are getting mad.

So, whatcha gunna do?
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
DeAdFX
Hazard to Others

Mood: @%&$ing hardcore baby

[*] posted on 2-3-2006 at 22:39

Ahh Chris I took a look at the rouge sci link you provided. The removal of words part was interesting. I think its more of a replacing of words with meaningless fucking terms. For instance the english language is getting butchered left and right by a bunch of ignorant fucking rappers. Everyday I hear some fucking moron saying "WUZ UP GANGSTA G GGG G UNIT". G-Unit is one of the many plagues of this world that churn out repulsive crap. Christ how fucking difficult is it to say "Hello"? However I could learn to not use fuck every other word... Sigh.

[Edited on 3-3-2006 by DeAdFX]
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 3-3-2006 at 09:39

CPSC proudly presents a recent achievement ...... http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml06/06094.html

Again one source removed and out of business.... :mad: :(

They are really serious. This company sold powdered Al, KClO4 and S, all of which are "used to make highly dangerous fireworks, such as M-80's, quarter sticks.....".

The CPSC really is proud of what they are doing. They protect our innocent children against the evils of dangerous materials and unsafe products.

[Edited on 3-3-06 by woelen]

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
MadHatter
International Hazard

Mood: Enjoying retirement

[*] posted on 6-3-2006 at 00:27
M-80s

IMHO, the tubes for M-80s and other salute type tubes were probably the clincher. These, of
course, in conjunction with the other components. I've noticed that most suppliers have
rules they apply to customers:

1) Will not ship more than 2 LBS Al powder in a calendar year unless the customer submits
proof of a BATFE explosives license.
2) Will not ship Al powder and (per)chlorate in the same order.
3) Will not ship flash components in separate orders - e.g., customer buys Al powder in 1st
order but 2nd order for KClO4 is refused.
4) Will sell Al powder, but not (per)chlorates, or vice-versa. I've seen this with eBay sellers.

Most suppliers apply these rules to salute tubes, end caps, and fuse as well.

In addition, most will not sell components if they suspect that this type fireworks, based on
items ordered or order history, is being manufactured illegally.

Personally, if I was in that business I wouldn't sell the tubes at all, given the principal use.

I googled the net, but couldn't find any additional information on the buyer in Illinois.
It's likely that buyer got busted and rolled over on Iowa Pyro Supply.

I have nothing but derision for the CPSC, but it appears that the buyer and/or seller made it
easy for them. I'm not sure who's the biggest DUMBASS here - the buyer for not getting
components from different suppliers, or the supplier who allowed the buyer to purchase
all of the components.

[Edited on 2006/3/6 by MadHatter]

From opening of NCIS New Orleans - It goes a BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM ! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
IrC
International Hazard

[*] posted on 6-3-2006 at 02:07

"Most suppliers apply these rules to salute tubes, end caps, and fuse as well. In addition, most will not sell components if they suspect that this type fireworks, based on items ordered or order history, is being manufactured illegally.

Personally, if I was in that business I wouldn't sell the tubes at all, given the principal use."

Can anyone show me more than one death per year per country due to making home made fireworks? Not including accidents with legally purchased, legally manufactured ones. Just home made. How about just one death per year per country? Ok, I give up. Think about this whole subject. Many people own carbide cannons which is a safe fun hobby and for which the sale of this fuse is reasonable and needed. In short - justified. None of it makes sense in relation to any actual harm caused anywhere on earth. Right? Illegal to sell cardboard tubes? What if I want to make custom short kaleidescopes? Or build model rockets? I do not agree with Vulture about not donating but not for the reason he disagrees with the concept, as I am inclined to agree his point is correct. Rather, I see the parallel with the gun lobby. Guns only kill people. Fireworks are not meant to hurt anyone, just good clean fun. Not for going out and doing drive by shootings, beer runs at gunpoint, drug deals, or in general any of the things which create the terror and intimidation everyone living in any city in the US faces each and every day.

Instead of budgeting monies for policing the gangs and city streets more so people can live decently lets give the money to the assholes going after what really is statistically a very safe, fun, and harmless hobby. So why is it that more murders occur in US cities than Iraq? Guns. Why are guns legal but cardboard tubes are not? Money poured into lobby groups and lawyers to fight the liberals and socialists each and every time they try to outlaw guns, so you can see my point where I differ from vulture. The money poured in keeps guns legal, and causes more US deaths yearly than third world countries at war. I defy anyone to show me statistics where anyone making fireworks for personal fun has actually caused harm.

What? You mean there may have been that one guy a few years ago who blew off his hand or set his bushes on fire? I wonder how that compares to the number of murders caused by legally owned guns? I am not against gun ownership mind you, I owned 27 guns as a teenager and have owned legal machineguns in my life, and have lived in places where I carried one everywhere and slept with them under the pillow since you never know. So when I bring all this gun information into it I hope all can see the real point I am getting at here, and that is quite simply how in the hell can they allow guns to be sold when 50 thousand people are being murdered yearly in the US alone and bust some person selling fucking carboard tubes? Unequal laws and unequal representation is the term we are looking for here.

Think about it.
Fireworks - guns.
Illegal - legal.
One death maybe but likely just a blown off finger - over 50,000 KIA/year.
No defense fund and no representation - money out the ass to defend guns.

Does anyone see a pattern here? The point is these assholes going after chem and cardboard tube sellers don't give a shit about safety, or they would worry more about the things killing hundreds daily not some dipshit who might blow off his finger (while the statistics of injury or death to the fireworks hobby is impressively lower than guns, sports, going to school, riding a school bus to school or a football game, a football game, and so on ... you get the point). Lets see, what else can we add to the list which they think nothing of that has ten thousand percent greater injuiries/year than home made fireworks here?
jpsmith123
National Hazard

[*] posted on 6-3-2006 at 03:59

Quote:
Originally posted by woelen
CPSC proudly presents a recent achievement ...... http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml06/06094.html

Again one source removed and out of business.... :mad: :(

They are really serious. This company sold powdered Al, KClO4 and S, all of which are "used to make highly dangerous fireworks, such as M-80's, quarter sticks.....".

The CPSC really is proud of what they are doing. They protect our innocent children against the evils of dangerous materials and unsafe products.

[Edited on 3-3-06 by woelen]

I wonder who the customer was? I wouldn't be surprised if it was a case of entrapment, where an operative placed a few orders, convinced the company he was trustworthy or legitimate, and then finally ordered a "kit".

In any case, I see it as part of the general trend toward a fascist police state in the U.S.
innervision
Harmless

Mood: eh.

[*] posted on 6-3-2006 at 22:47

Quote:
No defense fund and no representation - money out the ass to defend guns.

I see exactly where you are going with this, but think of it this way: Guns really are needed to protect your life these days. The moment guns were created, it was impossible to undo it. The evil will always have them, so the "victims" must also. Wherever life is at stake there will be money backing it.

As for the tubes, they are obviously going to be used for illegal noise makers. There's no question about that. Seeing as how the law is against them [m-80s], they really shouldn't have sold them. Tubes can be made ridiculously easily by the customer anyway, so why the need to risk selling them?

As for the laws about fireworks, specifically rockets and salutes; they are dumb. They should have never been outlawed (maybe the unwatchful parents should have). Period. Of course limiting the amount of chems needed to make them might have been a good idea. What amateur needs a few hundred pounds of kClO4? ...But what amateur wouldn't need a few lbs.?
IrC
International Hazard

[*] posted on 6-3-2006 at 23:42

Of course we need guns to protect us from the criminals they keep catching and letting go. But what good are they when they are passing laws to make you a bigger criminal to use them? I have seen people face 15 years no parole for pointing a gun at a larger person who had already hurt them by smashing their knee, in a totally unprovoked situation, where the attacker did not know the injured party nor had said party done anything that could have even remotely justified their being attacked. This person had their kneecap smashed and could not stand up, and was physically a fourth in size and strength of the attacker, who by the way was high on unknown substances at the time. Since the attacker was not carrying a weapon, the state of Arizona charged the injured innocent person with agravated assault with a deadly weapon. 15 years no parole, by the same lawmakers who let go on parole after 5 years a felon who took a life during a crime, merely because the criminal knows how to lie and play the system while the decent person stays honest and gets raped by the same legal system. True story! So tell me just exactly why guns are so important. They have already taken away all your guns and you don't even know it!

Lawmakers avoid the political loss and fallout removing your right to use them merely by letting you keep them to think you are safe but if you are not a sworn law officer and you use it there are very few circumstances where you will not be facing worse time than the asshole trying to rob and kill you. I can give you 52 years of stories and personal experience on this. You just think you have guns. Use them and you will wish the attacker had beaten you to death rather than face the jail time you will be given. What? They don't tell anyone out loud how they came up with a way through laws to remove your guns while still getting your votes because you were fooled into thinking you still had them? Think about it. There is not a word I just wrote than is not true, and even truer than I am implying here. Criminals know this but for some reason keep getting let go. Why you may ask? They know how to play the system. They kill, lie, cheat, steal, and so on. An honest person gets reamed by facing up to their actions and admitting the true facts of their actions, thereby getting reamed by the same system. Especially if they are not rich and cannot afford to "buy" their "justice". If you do not agree you quite simply have not lived and seen and experienced long enough.

Back to the cardboard tube thing. Let me make this very clear. Cardboard cylinders are not illegal! Steak knives are far more dangerous and have killed more people, yet they are not out busting the kitchenware sellers. Yes you are right there clearly is a point in saying the tubes are for fireworks. But they bust them all, and this means tubes used for starburst displays and similar fireworks. Meaning they don't want you to have any fireworks at all. Consider another point. What good is being legislated into zombiedom where all you can do legally is grow fat vegetating on a couch watching MTV? When they finally suceed in making anything a crime that may be a fun and rewarding hobby what the hell is left to use as a reason to live? When they get done making us all safe there will be so little left fun to do we will wish we had done ourselves in doing something that gave us enjoyment while we still could get the stuff to do whatever it was. We are in the process of losing even free speech, soon there will be no websites left teaching anyone any more science than how to make marshmellow pie. Hey wait. We might suffocate eating to much of that better outlaw it before it gets us too. What bothers me the most is I think I am not that far off the mark here, and it may be already worse than I say and far too late to do anything about it. Maybe some fireworks should not be made, especially if they can blow off a hand. But I am sure if you look into it you will get busted for selling things to make or for making even relatively safe fireworks. Meaning they are all against the law to make no matter how small and safe they may be. All this merely because they burn, fizzle, or explode. Of course the mindset here is if it explodes no matter how small it may be, it must somehow be terrorist related. Knee jerk over reaction, this is what they are doing. When they get done pray you can still get the chems to make a childs volcano experiment. But of course don't build one unless you have onsite governmental supervision, and all the right fees have been paid and all the right permits have been issued. Soon the only amateur scientists left will all be living on their own island far far away.

[Edited on 7-3-2006 by IrC]
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 7-3-2006 at 07:57

IrC, what you are telling about fireworks is true in the Netherlands for as long as I can remember. It is forbidden in the Netherlands to do any pyrotechnics with home-made fireworks. Period. Commercial fireworks only may be lighted on Dec. 31 and Jan 1. Possesion of fireworks on any date, other than the few days between Dec. 26 and Jan 2 is forbidden, beit cmmercial stuff or home-made stuff. Home-made stuff is forbidden always.
On the other hand, possesion of all the chemicals is not forbidden. Also, having iodine, red phosphorous and a bunch of other chemicals is not a problem. However, as soon as you use some of your chems for pyrotechnic experiments, then you run the risk of having to give all your chemicals to a local police officer.

If someone would check your house and find e.g. KClO4 and S, then you do not need to have a problem, as long as there are no items at your house, which can be used to make fireworks (e.g. tubes, fuses). Also, large quantities of those chemicals at the same place also are suspect.

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
IrC
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-3-2006 at 10:35

I guess in a nutshell my real complaint is the way LE does business. They should not be busting people like the thought police just because they can think of evil you may do with what you have. Rather they should bust those doing things criminal. By this I mean there are many lawful things an amateur scientist can do with all the same ingredients that someone else can use for the commission of crimes. I would love to play with making phosphides in the area of energy research. However I cannot afford to become a university or government lab so my science is home made. Then along comes LE who see me doing something legitimate and they start thinking of the evil I might do, rather they start accusing me of the evil they think all people are doing whether real or imagined, and go bust you when you have done nothing wrong. LE's job should be going after criminals, not law abiding amateur scientists. Yet their answer to their crime problem is to consider all people criminals who lack the money for the worlds best lawyers on staff 24/7. If you have ever dealt with them then you realize they believe nothing you say, think nothing anyone other than other LE members do is legal, everyone is a criminal, and so on. It is their mindset. Rather than keeping those who commit crimes in jail they let them go and spend all their time thinking of new ways to think of all people not LE as criminals. I defy anyone to prove there is any longer a difference between LE in the U.S. and the Gestapo or the KGB.

[Edited on 7-3-2006 by IrC]
chloric1
International Hazard

Mood: Stoichiometrically Balanced

[*] posted on 7-3-2006 at 12:34
The only answer

I agree with CHris the Great. Peacefull demonstrations are not affective. Violence is the only answer. A dedicated well organized team of theives/saboteaurs could reak havoc quite nicely. Additionly, they can maintain financial resources via underground distribution networks.

Fellow molecular manipulator
Chris The Great
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-3-2006 at 16:43

The problem isn't LE in my opinion, it is the way they've been set up to work over the years by the government. Most LE think they really are helping society, not that they are crushing people in a police state. Which, in some ways is true. IRC's points about guns are very true. It isn't any one part of the system, the entire system is the problem. The cop catches the criminal and sends them to a corrupt and useless justice system. The corrupt Justice system carries out unjust laws against the people. And behind it all, the government slowly gains more and more absolute power over the population which becomes more and more zombielike by the day.

Until one day, you wake up, finally, and realize the only thing left in your life is a dull routine of a boring job and watching MTV, because you never stood up when you had a chance of actually doing something and just stood around talking. Then, the thought police knock down your door for thinking thoughts inappropriate to a citizen of the USA/UK/Australia and you spend the rest of your life in prison awaiting a trial that will never come.

So, you going to do something with those guns to make sure that the charges from using them is insignificant to the charges of what you used them for? I may seem like a nut case but what else is there left to do? You can't protest your way out of something like this, already in the UK the police can detain any group they think will become violent, which coincidentally would be your protest against certain laws. You can't protest from within jail. I'm sure other countries will soon follow their lead.
I think a "personal talk" with congress about repealing certain laws and federal organizations would yield a lot more tangible results than walking through Washington DC with some signs and slogans just to get arrested for "potential to incite violence" and have the media make it out like you are the evil guys so that the sheeple will accept more of the police state. If the media make you out to be the bad guys after your talk with congress, it won't matter since the laws still got changed (and you can have another "talk" with congress if they try changing them back).

(all hypothetical talk Mr. Gov. Agents, as usual)
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Swany
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-3-2006 at 17:29

Today I was sitting in my 'advanced physical science class' and was ignoring the watered down lecture about acids and bases (reading some organic book, good stuff), and the discussion turns to reaction rate.

Teacher: Now, some things react so fast you cant even control them, oxidisers are like this, they have oxygen to give and they are very explosive and dangerous, if you ordered some of this, you would get a knock on your door cause they'd think you were a terrorist.

Me: quickly pops heart medication to keep my heart from exploding and.... yeah.

Class: everyone looks at Swany, at least everyone who knows what Swany does in his free time, and that is a badly kept secret.

Well, I tried to look innocent, then a friend of mine said,"Swany has at least 50 pounds of oxidisers in his shed, and he hasn't been arrested yet." The teacher turns (he is a guy, stupid, and he hates me. The feeling is very mutual, as he rejected my request to go into general chemistry WITHOUT talking to me, or even thinking about it, his explination: I have never had a student who knew any chemistry, and I doubt it will change) and says Swany, I don't know about all these stories but you better watch out. Mumble grumble gubfeuahaaa I like young girls. Ok, the latter part was made up. But the former parts are totally true.

I explain that I am not going to be arrested, because oxidisers don't kill people, high explosives do. He counters with the 'fertilizer bombs', I counter with, you have no clue what your talking about. He just stared at me, (everone is quiet.. duh dun dun duhnnnn) and eventually continued with the lecture, I buried my head in the book, and all continued.

Well, that is basically the feeling. Sheer lack of knowlage, and stupidity. The teacher is exeptionally dumb.

Though, another teacher put KClO3/Sugar in a TEST TUBE, and HELD IT OVER A BURNER, WITH THE CLASS GATHERED AROUND!!! It exploded. He got glass dug out of his chest, and I dont know what else. This was a while back, but the teacher was a complete retard as well. Different teachers, mind you.

In closing, in the past 3 years I have had 3 science teachers. 2 of them dont like me, the other thinks I am a very interesting person. Incidentally, the one who liked me had be before my chemistry addiction. The one I had the KClO3 discussion with is the head science person over here, so I have friends in relitively high places. Too bad we have so many retards....

And what this has to do with the chemistry forbidding? The oxidiser story basically. The rest is an angry and, chances are, very crude rant.

I feel better now.

When another science teacher (the cool one) asked where I got KClO3, as even the school had a hard time getting it, I smiled and said I have suppliers. She said I sounded like I was talking about drugs, I concluded that KClO3 for purchase may be about as rare as cocaine in a year or three.

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top