Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Dam towelheads -- good place to hide plastique
Quince
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

thumbdown.gif posted on 29-4-2006 at 22:15
Dam towelheads -- good place to hide plastique

arab = muslim = islamist = terrorist = suicide bomber

\"One of the surest signs of Conrad\'s genius is that women dislike his books.\" --George Orwell
Quantum
National Hazard

Mood: Interested

[*] posted on 29-4-2006 at 22:27

No need to be racist is there? This is a serious scientific community not a bunch of unwashed types. We can excuse it in the case of such people as NBK; but not in your case.

It's very hard for me to feel angry at terrorists anyway. To be sure they are dangerous but they are just fighting their war in the only way they can just like we would in their position.

What if, what is isn\'t true?
Chris The Great
National Hazard

[*] posted on 29-4-2006 at 22:44

Actually, in their position, I wouldn't be blowing up civilians. I don't think anyone here would.

I can understanding fighting, but blowing yourself up on a bus full of innocent people is reason enough for me to hate them.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
joeflsts
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 30-4-2006 at 05:59

Quote:
Originally posted by Quantum
No need to be racist is there? This is a serious scientific community not a bunch of unwashed types. We can excuse it in the case of such people as NBK; but not in your case.

It's very hard for me to feel angry at terrorists anyway. To be sure they are dangerous but they are just fighting their war in the only way they can just like we would in their position.

When one of your family members becomes a victim of these "freedom fighters" you suggest they are I suspect you'll change your position.

Joe
Mr. Wizard
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-4-2006 at 09:18

Quote:
Originally posted by Quantum

Being a racist is worse than blowing up somebody? We can excuse NBK? Who gave you the power to excuse or allow anything? What you can excuse is what YOU can excuse. I see it's easy for you to get angry about 'racists', no excusing there, but you get all soft and fuzzy apologetic and rationalizing about terrorists. What's wrong with a little opinion on a site? Are you afraid someone might agree with him? At least you can reply without some rag-head putting a price on your head or parking a car bomb next to your apartment. Maybe we are just fighting our war to preserve Western Civilization in the only way we can, by making people aware of the problem, with a little plain speaking.
Sandmeyer
International Hazard

Mood: abbastanza bene

[*] posted on 30-4-2006 at 11:00

Quote:
Originally posted by joeflsts

When one of your family members becomes a victim of these "freedom fighters" you suggest they are I suspect you'll change your position.

Joe

As long as your family members stay away from going to Iraq armed to kill they have nothing to worry about, they can happily continue to watch baseball and wash toilets at McDonalds.

[Edited on 30-4-2006 by Sandmeyer]

joeflsts
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 30-4-2006 at 11:08

Quote:
As long as your family members stay away from going to Iraq armed to kill they have nothing to worry about, they can happily continue watch baseball and wash toilets at McDonalds.

Here is my issue with your post.. It displays an ignorance to the world around you. Iraq, is an ugly mess, but it's not the only mess. Isrealis face violence daily, Russians face violence daily, Muslims face violence daily ... And all that the hand of radical muslims, christians, and atheists.

To assume this is just an "iraqi" or "american" issue is to ignore reality.

Joe
Sandmeyer
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-4-2006 at 11:16

Quote:

Here is my issue with your post.. It displays an ignorance to the world around you.

Take a look in the mirror.

Quote:
Iraq, is an ugly mess, but it's not the only mess. Isrealis face violence daily, Russians face violence daily, Muslims face violence daily ... And all that the hand of radical muslims, christians, and atheists.

Joe

I don't remember people blowing themselves up in Iraq before US invasion. Where they maybe less muslim before 2003? You must eventually get out of Iraq, and what have you gained? The whole world is laughing at you. American supermacy, the next american centure, the american grandiosity, the american victory, the american full spectrum domination. You have lost the war, you have destroyed a country which hasn't done you anything, and you've been beaten by a bunch of farmers, just like in Vietnam, pack your stuff and go home, toilets are waiting...

Rosco Bodine
International Hazard

Mood: analytical

[*] posted on 30-4-2006 at 11:28

Maybe we in the US don't give a damn
about " understanding " the jihadi mentality .....
we don't want to psychoanalyze it ....
we don't want to dialogue it ....
we don't want to " interface " with it .....

we just want to kill it :D
Mr. Wizard
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-4-2006 at 11:37

" don't remember people blowing themselves up in Iraq before US invasion. Where they maybe less muslim before 2003? "

I'll bet you don't know much about who died in Iraq before 2003, unless you were a Baathist Party member. I won't try to justify the reasons the US went in, but the question now is what to do about the situation.

Your comments about 'watching baseball' and 'washing toilets at McDonalds' make you sound like a very smug elitist.
Sandmeyer
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-4-2006 at 11:42

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Wizard
I'll bet you don't know much about who died in Iraq before 2003, unless you were a Baathist Party member.

Evidently they hate US imposed "democracy" (TM) more than they hate Saddam.

Mr. Wizard
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-4-2006 at 11:50

I hate to break it to you Sandmeyer, but we haven't been beaten in Iraq. As to the deaths in Iraq of US soldiers, I'll let history judge. We lose more US citizens each month in traffic accidents than we have lost in the total war in Iraq. The last year for traffic stats I have:
http://www.madd.org/stats/10212
This shows 42K dead or about 2500 per month. This is the real danger Americans face. There won't be any mass retreat in Iraq so don't dig up your Saddam Hussein pictures yet. :(
joeflsts
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 30-4-2006 at 12:09

Quote:
I don't remember people blowing themselves up in Iraq before US invasion. Where they maybe less muslim before 2003? You must eventually get out of Iraq, and what have you gained? The whole world is laughing at you. American supermacy, the next american centure, the american grandiosity, the american victory, the american full spectrum domination. You have lost the war, you have destroyed a country which hasn't done you anything, and you've been beaten by a bunch of farmers, just like in Vietnam, pack your stuff and go home, toilets are waiting...

Sorry.. You proved me wrong.. you are just ignorant in general.

Joe
akinmad
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 30-4-2006 at 12:38

Quote:
Here is my issue with your post.. It displays an ignorance to the world around you. Iraq, is an ugly mess, but it's not the only mess. Isrealis face violence daily, Russians face violence daily, Muslims face violence daily ... And all that the hand of radical muslims, christians, and atheists.

The claim that Iraq (government) was supplying Jihadis to Russia, Israel etc. is total misinformation. If you reallly want to determine who is supplying terrorists, you must look at the pro-US Arab countries. And assuming from your name, you are an American. Living several thousand kms away how do you claim that you are not more ignorant than someone else about the issue of Iraq?

The terrorist groups who are active in and against Israel are mainly supported by rich Arab sheikhs (in case of Sunnite terrorist groups) and by Iran (in case of Shiite terrorist groups).

While I do not approve the atrocities committed by Saddam, these atrocities are overexagerated.

Once upon a time, an American colleague claimed that Saddam has been killing 100 thousand people per year.

I simply smiled and said him if that's the case then Iraq's population must have been nil by now since Saddam has been in the power since 1973 (which means he was in the power for ca 30 years. Multiply 30 years by 100 thousand you will get an incredible amount 3 millions and IIRC correctly during 70s Iraq's population was around 5 to 8 millions).

The people killed by Saddam are Kurdish separatist terrorists whose backs have continously been patted by certain intelligence organizations on false promises of sovereignty. These groups have territorial ambitions not only over Iraq but also over many more neighbor countries. Regards.
Quince
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-4-2006 at 13:31

Well, I must say I'm a master troll. I can't believe how many people bit the flamebait. :D

\"One of the surest signs of Conrad\'s genius is that women dislike his books.\" --George Orwell
Sandmeyer
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-4-2006 at 13:45

Quote:

Sorry.. You proved me wrong.. you are just ignorant in general.

Joe

Please stick to the subject. Anyone is wellcome to enlighten me any time, I'm looking forward to it. Tell me what good has come out of the american invasion, what objectives did it accomplish?
joeflsts
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 30-4-2006 at 14:09

Quote:
The claim that Iraq (government) was supplying Jihadis to Russia, Israel etc. is total misinformation. If you reallly want to determine who is supplying terrorists, you must look at the pro-US Arab countries. And assuming from your name, you are an American. Living several thousand kms away how do you claim that you are not more ignorant than someone else about the issue of Iraq?

The terrorist groups who are active in and against Israel are mainly supported by rich Arab sheikhs (in case of Sunnite terrorist groups) and by Iran (in case of Shiite terrorist groups).

While I do not approve the atrocities committed by Saddam, these atrocities are overexagerated.

Once upon a time, an American colleague claimed that Saddam has been killing 100 thousand people per year.

I simply smiled and said him if that's the case then Iraq's population must have been nil by now since Saddam has been in the power since 1973 (which means he was in the power for ca 30 years. Multiply 30 years by 100 thousand you will get an incredible amount 3 millions and IIRC correctly during 70s Iraq's population was around 5 to 8 millions).

The people killed by Saddam are Kurdish separatist terrorists whose backs have continously been patted by certain intelligence organizations on false promises of sovereignty. These groups have territorial ambitions not only over Iraq but also over many more neighbor countries. Regards.

Your focus is wrong.. Not once did I suggest that Iraq was supplying anything to anyone. Go back, read what I wrote, then comment.

Joe
joeflsts
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 30-4-2006 at 14:11

Quote:
Please stick to the subject. Anyone is wellcome to enlighten me any time, I'm looking forward to it. Tell me what good has come out of the american invasion, what objectives did it accomplish?

The subject was right on.. I challenged the writer's ability to use critical thinking.. What's most interesting is that in many ways, if the writer would stop and actually READ what I wrote, he/she would find that on many fronts we agree. I just don't hold the "america is to blame" bullshit.

Joe
Sandmeyer
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-4-2006 at 16:36

I was hoping that you would answer the question. If someone is responsible for a murderous on-lies-based injustifable war then that someone is to blame, can we agree on that one? But some people seem to think that USA is incapable of being wrong in any way, the "evil" is always out there and it's US duty to sestroy it. Well, reality it's not that simple. The current US administration has created insane situation in Iraq and destabilized the world to a point that we're on verge on WW-III. Again, Iraq has never done anything to harm USA, it was attacked by a superpower based on lies, US have no buisness waging a war over there, or is it too complicated? Picture someone, a total stranger physically more powerful than you unprovoked attacking you on the street, is that ok with you, wouldn't you blame him? Some americans actually belive that Iraq is responsible for what happened 9/11, I think it's pretty telling, US public has been totally fooled. Their enemy isn't Saddam, it's their own government and the rotten media.

[Edited on 1-5-2006 by Sandmeyer]

akinmad
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 1-5-2006 at 03:39

Quote:
The subject was right on.. I challenged the writer's ability to use critical thinking.. What's most interesting is that in many ways, if the writer would stop and actually READ what I wrote, he/she would find that on many fronts we agree. I just don't hold the "america is to blame" bullshit.

Joe

Quote:
As long as your family members stay away from going to Iraq armed to kill they have nothing to worry about, they can happily continue watch baseball and wash toilets at McDonalds.

I am willing to accept that I misunderstood. But mister, in the post made by Sandmeyer, he refers to Iraq and your answer seems to be implying it was Iraq's fault. And what I'm telling is if that's the case, your deductions are simply wrong to that extent. If I'm misinterpreting your post then plase clearly specify what you are trying to say and if I'm wrong then I shall apologize. Regards.
joeflsts
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 1-5-2006 at 04:10

Quote:
Originally posted by akinmad
Quote:

Joe

Quote:

I am willing to accept that I misunderstood. But mister, in the post made by Sandmeyer, he refers to Iraq and your answer seems to be implying it was Iraq's fault. And what I'm telling is if that's the case, your deductions are simply wrong to that extent. If I'm misinterpreting your post then plase clearly specify what you are trying to say and if I'm wrong then I shall apologize. Regards.

Iraq had its issues, it was unwilling to come clean with the UN. The UN passed resolution after resolution demanding Iraqi compliance. My point isn't about Iraq or the mess that Iraq has become. My point is that claiming that America is the reason for all terroristic violence is just too easy an answer. It's also the wrong answer. One only has to look at global conflict with Islamic violence to see that this isn't just an American problem. I also point out that Christians, and Atheists are violent. They just don't seem to be hell bent on making headlines that the fanatic islamics seem to be.

Joe
Sandmeyer
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-5-2006 at 05:27

Quote:

Iraq had its issues, it was unwilling to come clean with the UN. The UN passed resolution after resolution demanding Iraqi compliance. My point isn't about Iraq or the mess that Iraq has become. My point is that claiming that America is the reason for all terroristic violence is just too easy an answer. It's also the wrong answer. One only has to look at global conflict with Islamic violence to see that this isn't just an American problem. I also point out that Christians, and Atheists are violent. They just don't seem to be hell bent on making headlines that the fanatic islamics seem to be.

Joe

If you don't belive me, then there are people who spend most of thier time doing reserch on this, there has been an article in The American Conservative about the issue, but I'm sure that you'll brush it off as you prefer living in your cozy fantasy world:

The Logic of Suicide Terrorism

It’s the occupation, not the fundamentalism

http://www.amconmag.com/2005_07_18/article.html

Last month, Scott McConnell caught up with Associate Professor Robert Pape of the University of Chicago, whose book on suicide terrorism, Dying to Win, is beginning to receive wide notice. Pape has found that the most common American perceptions about who the terrorists are and what motivates them are off by a wide margin. In his office is the world’s largest database of information about suicide terrorists, rows and rows of manila folders containing articles and biographical snippets in dozens of languages compiled by Pape and teams of graduate students, a trove of data that has been sorted and analyzed and which underscores the great need for reappraising the Bush administration’s current strategy. Below are excerpts from a conversation with the man who knows more about suicide terrorists than any other American.

[...]

TAC: That would seem to run contrary to a view that one heard during the American election campaign, put forth by people who favor Bush’s policy. That is, we need to fight the terrorists over there, so we don’t have to fight them here.

RP: Since suicide terrorism is mainly a response to foreign occupation and not Islamic fundamentalism, the use of heavy military force to transform Muslim societies over there, if you would, is only likely to increase the number of suicide terrorists coming at us.

[....]

RP: The evidence shows that the presence of American troops is clearly the pivotal factor driving suicide terrorism.

If Islamic fundamentalism were the pivotal factor, then we should see some of the largest Islamic fundamentalist countries in the world, like Iran, which has 70 million people—three times the population of Iraq and three times the population of Saudi Arabia—with some of the most active groups in suicide terrorism against the United States. However, there has never been an al-Qaeda suicide terrorist from Iran, and we have no evidence that there are any suicide terrorists in Iraq from Iran.

Sudan is a country of 21 million people. Its government is extremely Islamic fundamentalist. The ideology of Sudan was so congenial to Osama bin Laden that he spent three years in Sudan in the 1990s. Yet there has never been an al-Qaeda suicide terrorist from Sudan.

But I'm sure he a pinko comunist islamo-faschist who only likes to bash USA and insult Real Americans... LOL! :D

Quote:
My point is that claiming that America is the reason for all terroristic violence is just too easy an answer. It's also the wrong answer.

It really isn't rocket science - US bring home army from islamic coutries and there will be no terrorism, US army stay - US create more terrorists. Too complicated for you to grasp?

joeflsts
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 1-5-2006 at 10:29

Quote:
It really isn't rocket science - US bring home army from islamic coutries and there will be no terrorism, US army stay - US create more terrorists. Too complicated for you to grasp?

Stop being so fucking obtuse. If this is your belief than reasoning with you is the equivalent to pissing up a rope.

Joe
Sandmeyer
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-5-2006 at 11:02

too bad that you have no arguments provide so far, not a single one, maybe you can cut the bullshit and comment on what I copied from the article instead?

joeflsts
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 1-5-2006 at 11:34

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandmeyer
too bad that you have no arguments provide so far, not a single one, maybe you can cut the bullshit and comment on what I copied from the article instead?

Yep, and the terrorists are brilliant... rather than focus on your enemy.. whoops.. their enemy they are blowing up muslims... They're brilliant. At this rate they'll remove the need for a "war on terror" by removing the risks.. One bomb at a time.

Joe
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top