Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Suspicious?
neutrino
International Hazard

Mood: oscillating

[*] posted on 4-5-2006 at 16:42
Suspicious?

I found a seller of Na-metal on the internet. He/she/it sells the stuff for $1 / 2g with a min. order of only a few grams and very reasonable shipping. The seller can also sell much larger quantities at lower rates, up to several pounds.

The site links back to an eBay seller with some auctions listed. All reviews were positive with no problems reported. Some user IDs were kept private.

Does this look like a reputable seller or is this really too good to be true? As far as I know, Na itself is not illegal yet, but you can't be too careful in these troubled times...

hodges
National Hazard

[*] posted on 4-5-2006 at 18:10

I bought an ounce of Na metal on E-Bay about two years ago without any problem - except that the deliverer (don't recall if it was UPS or Post Office) left it at the apartment next door instead of mine. Fortunately I saw it sitting there at the neighbor's door and just picked it up. But that was not the seller's fault.

I have also bought Ca metal on E-Bay in the past without any probems.
S.C. Wack
bibliomaster

Mood: Enhanced

[*] posted on 5-5-2006 at 02:21

It really amazes me how no one buys this poundage most of the time it is offered. This is likely the cause of the low prices, which would likely rise on demand, regardless of supply.

Unfortunately, here in the USA, methamp chemists tend to ruin everything for everyone. They haven't soiled this one, yet.
neutrino
International Hazard

[*] posted on 14-5-2006 at 18:52

I bought an ounce of Na from the supplier and had no problems. It arrived quickly and I got a little more than I paid for. The packaging was sub-par, with the chunk sealed in a plastic bag with only a very thick oxide layer preventing further corrosion. Still, it was a good deal: 30g+ for 30$. If anyone wants the supplier’s site, U2U me.

ordenblitz
Hazard to Others

Mood: Bohr'd

[*] posted on 14-5-2006 at 19:52

I bought the 6.6 lb log from the same supplier. It arrived soon after the order was placed without a hitch.
It was packed very poorly, just in a plastic bag tossed in a box.
S.C. Wack
bibliomaster

[*] posted on 14-5-2006 at 20:16

Quote:
Originally posted by ordenblitz
I bought the 6.6 lb log from the same supplier. It arrived soon after the order was placed without a hitch.
It was packed very poorly, just in a plastic bag tossed in a box.

What did you expect?

But what I wanted to say is that 7¢/gram including shipping was the low price that I was talking about in my earlier post.

[Edited on 15-5-2006 by S.C. Wack]
The_Davster
A pnictogen

Mood: .

[*] posted on 14-5-2006 at 21:48

I may have grown lax in paranoia these days, but what is the big deal with getting sodium? If THEY wanted to track down everyone who bought sodium, sure they could, but 90% of individuals buying it would be getting it just to throw in water, it would be a waste of their time. IMO it might be a thing to tag onto orders just to show that you are not into drugs, just into the type of chemistry in demos.

When I was obtaining my sodium, 2 bottles were available small chunks or 3 bricks the size of...well real bricks. I took the small chunks, but said I might be back for the bricks if I have a trip to a lake planned. Then he said "yeah....there used to be four, then I made a little trip to the ________ river":D We had a good laugh. I then procceded to inquire about white P, they dident have any unfortunatly.

[Edited on 15-5-2006 by rogue chemist]

neutrino
International Hazard

[*] posted on 15-5-2006 at 13:45

I'm a little more on the paranoid side. It never hurts to be too careful.

Maybe I've been reading RS too much, but I just don't trust the government or the world around me much.

S.C. Wack
bibliomaster

[*] posted on 19-8-2006 at 00:57

Quote:
Originally posted by neutrino
I just don't trust the government or the world around me much.

Gee, can't imagine why. The monkey and his friends are fixing everything, here and abroad, so don't worry.

Now down to 5.3¢/gram. And no longer making suspect 99.9% purity claims on the page. Still amazed, though.

Go To Top