Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Reagents for Sale
OhMyGod!
Harmless

Mood: pH1

[*] posted on 18-2-2015 at 07:27
Reagents for Sale

Good morning, gentlemen.

We are a forensic materials lab, based in Ireland. We've a quantity of chemical reagents surplus to requirements. Unfortunately, we are unable to ship to the UK, owing to restrictions. Some reagents are extremely hazardous. Buyers must collect

Please request details, if interested.

Thank you.
gdflp
Super Moderator

Mood: Staring at code

[*] posted on 18-2-2015 at 07:32

It might be helpful if you listed what you were trying to sell. Otherwise, how is anyone going to know if they want to purchase anything?
OhMyGod!
Harmless

Mood: pH1

[*] posted on 18-2-2015 at 07:37

Thank you. Over 100 reagents! Everything from pure mineral acids in 2,5l quantities, to uranyl salts, reactive metals, cyanides, heavy metal salts, hydrazine, etc. The list is comprehensive. If you want a full list, I'll have to filter our stock database and post. It'll take a couple of hours.

Regards.
jock88
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 18-2-2015 at 15:11

Jasus thats great news
Trizocy
Harmless

[*] posted on 18-2-2015 at 16:40

You ship to EU countrys?
Schleimsäure
Hazard to Others

Mood: Probably

[*] posted on 19-2-2015 at 15:25

Damn, I'm in Ireland over the weekend. Unfortunetaly no chemicals are allowed on passenger planes.
Zyklon-A
International Hazard

Mood: Fluorine radical

[*] posted on 19-2-2015 at 15:31

Quote: Originally posted by Schleimsäure  
Damn, I'm in Ireland over the weekend. Unfortunetaly no chemicals are allowed on passenger planes.

Ah, that's why planes are made of anti-matter these'a days!
But really, if it's just a white powder, put it in a salt shaker. Unless it's a barium salt the X-ray shouldn't be able to tell the difference.
WeaponsRx
Harmless

[*] posted on 20-2-2015 at 01:54

Any reagant grade Ethyl Oleate?
Oscilllator
National Hazard

[*] posted on 1-3-2015 at 16:41

I've walked through an airport with about 30kg of inorganic salts (even some barium) so it can be done. This was a domestic flight within Australia though.
Amos
International Hazard

Mood: No

[*] posted on 1-3-2015 at 19:45

Quote: Originally posted by Zyklon-A  

Ah, that's why planes are made of anti-matter these'a days!
But really, if it's just a white powder, put it in a salt shaker. Unless it's a barium salt the X-ray shouldn't be able to tell the difference.

...don't do this.

Zyklon-A
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-3-2015 at 20:11

But don't bother explaining why not huh?
What's the point in saying that if you won't give a reason. It's not illigal unless you bring somthing that is illigal - obviously!
People see what they want to see.

Amos
International Hazard

Mood: No

[*] posted on 1-3-2015 at 20:43

If you're not bringing anything illegal, what's the point of acting like you're smuggling something? Putting an anonymous white powder that is clearly not salt into a salt shaker is a sure way to have your clothes removed and innards furiously probed, at the very least.

Zyklon-A
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-3-2015 at 21:52

Two things: First I said a white powder. To anyone this is not "clearly not salt". 99 times out of 100 they'd never know.
Second and more importantly this statement was for chemicals that are legal, and it was in response to someone saying they couldn't bring chemicals on a plane (which makes no sense). This is legal and while perhaps deceptive it's not going to get you in trouble if they do find out its not sodium chloride. Just don't bring nitrogen containing compounds causes they test for that and will find it.
Also regrading your innards being probed, that already happens in America and I wouldn't be surprised if it does in England or Ireland.

WeaponsRx
Harmless

[*] posted on 2-3-2015 at 04:02

Yea well heres my two cents on this whole matter, if its not allowed on the plane, guess what, its not allowed for a dam reason isn't it? So if you go out of your way to be deceptive trying to pull it off as if it indeed is just salt in salt shaker, and you get caught, well guess what, you not only deserve all the penalties for obvious intent to deceive for means of smuggle, you deserve being probed by all the NSA with billy clubs... taking shit onto an airplane that is not allowed is by all means no joke, and anyone who in these time's, where theres national high security alerts up for these radical islamist's with ISIS openly stating there agenda of doing harm to not only America, everywhere.... there is no place they dont want there flag waving... well guess what... im going to just say (not that I discriminate because I dont, its your choice) but its safe to say you just want batons up your butt... which hey, to each there own, just dont do it at the expense of my flight being late for your pleasure... hahahahahaha MAN WHY WOULD YOU HAVE TO GO AS FAR AS PUTTING YOUR SELF IN SUCH AN ABSURD SITUATION IF CAUGHT?! The NSA yea there morons, but if ones smart enough to know its not salt, he may be stupid enough to think its a 2 part mix for a highly explosive reaction... right?! Man ill fed ex it to you... just dont do it like you are... NSA take things as if every flight can be another 9/11 for our safety really... so NSA.... probe away baby...
jock88
National Hazard

[*] posted on 2-3-2015 at 13:17

Quote: Originally posted by Amos  
...salt shaker is a sure way to have your clothes removed and innards furiously probed, at the very least.

Sounds positively delicious!

entheologist
Harmless

[*] posted on 30-3-2017 at 10:16

Does anyone know what happened to this user? Did he disappear? God I wish I was around when this post was made.
Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

Mood: Estrified

[*] posted on 31-3-2017 at 12:14

He writes like scammers do; excessively formal English with poor grammar. So maybe it's a good thing you weren't here? Thankfully WeaponsRx didn't last long here either; referencing the NSA in a request for European customers with half the words misspelled is likely to be frowned on here.
Mesa
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 31-3-2017 at 18:43

Are there laws preventing someone from buying reagents in the UK(or EU I guess) and then posting them to yourself through regular mail? Provided they aren't hazardous or have specific restrictions on them.

I am pretty unfamiliar with the laws, but some import/export restrictions I've dealt with were meant for commercial entities and not the individual*.

*These were all to do with bringing kava into Australia from Fiji so probably not a great comparison.
Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

Mood: Estrified

[*] posted on 31-3-2017 at 19:15

Quote: Originally posted by Mesa  
Are there laws preventing someone from buying reagents in the UK(or EU I guess) and then posting them to yourself through regular mail? Provided they aren't hazardous or have specific restrictions on them.

I am pretty unfamiliar with the laws, but some import/export restrictions I've dealt with were meant for commercial entities and not the individual*.

*These were all to do with bringing kava into Australia from Fiji so probably not a great comparison.

It depends on what country you live in. In Switzerland, they open your main and go through it, so as to know how much to properly tax you. I'm pretty sure Australia does something similar, but more for drug-related reasons. When I bought beef in England for my friend in Zurich, I just loaded my suitcase up with cheap frozen Tesco cow parts, and checked that bag. The price was far cheaper than it would have cost to send it any other way, and probably with less inspection too. Checking a bag is almost always cheaper than mailing something internationally, unless it's very small.
NEMO-Chemistry
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-4-2017 at 10:28

When you goto the post office in the UK, they ask whats in the package. Lie and get found out = big trouble, tell the truth and unless its paper just about everything else is no longer carried by the UK post service!

Argos click and collect is best way.

Go To Top