Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: 2,4 Dinitrophenol
SupaVillain
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-7-2015 at 22:09

Lol i posted this because I was the seller. Sold strictly for legal purposes only and no longer sold due to humanity's sloppiness of their own perception of situations in the case that someone is hurt, for example, being dumb enough to think it my fault that someone hurts themselves with this when retardation is required, since the chemical is inanimate and comes with words of warning and was never advertised for consumption. I dont think the interweb gods of this site want you discussing ingestion, neither do the ingesters because you lack even the basics of an understanding of how other people can have thoughts, lives, and perspectives that are completely different than your own. In place of that value you have the ability to criticize yet never achieve something as good as you criticize.

Now as far as the encouraged discussion of 2,4-Dinitrophenol via this site, if you want to learn more on preparing DNP you should look up the preparatory manual for explosives. It's not hard to do and is pretty simple if I remember correctly. I dont advise you actually make it though. If you dont have a couple hundred dollars of safety equipment and experience you'll not survive the synthesis.

It may have great fat loss power but I can assure you youll get the same effects from a PSMF or low carb diet and drinking lots of water all day. I could just not say any of this but I'd rather do so and be able to post where to find the synthesis for the good chemists here without feeling like I've handed something dangerous to a wild roaring pack of retards

Oh.
kecskesajt
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 5-7-2015 at 00:26

Well,I dont know if it is a good book( I heard bad thing about this book),But there is syntesis of DNP from NaOH,Phenol,HNO3 and NaNO2.
Boffis
International Hazard

[*] posted on 5-7-2015 at 06:53

@nebotmo

Some years ago I started a thread on preparing this and other compounds from 2,4-dinitrochlorobenzene because there was an ebay seller selling this stuff by the bucket full at that time, in spite of the hazards associated with it. I intended to post a whole series of syntheses that could be easily performed on this material, the first was 2,4-dinitrophenol but I abandoned the thread because it became choked with drivel (search for dinitrochlorobenzene). In addition to my thread there is also a very nice thread on the synthesis of 2,4-dinitrobromobenzene which can be used as an alternative to the chloro-compound

The post above requesting details on how to turn 2,4-dinitrophenol back to the "more useful" 2,4-dinitrochlorobenzene brought a smile to my face:)
macckone
International Hazard

Mood: Electrical

[*] posted on 5-7-2015 at 08:21

More useful, is always in the eye of the beholder. I have uses for 2,4 dinitrochlorobenzene in identifying ketones and determining if they are pure.

*edit* Surely you have used 2,4 DNPH (aka brady's reagent) to identify ketones? The stuff isn't really available to home chemists.

[Edited on 5-7-2015 by macckone]
Boffis
International Hazard

[*] posted on 6-7-2015 at 11:02

@macckone My point was that if people had bothered to check out the seller on ebay (US) rather than post irrelevant drivel they wouldn't now need to try and make it from dinitrophenol. Besides that's a ridiculous route, if you can buy PCl5, thionyl chloride etc you should be able to buy dinitrochlorobenzene or at least a halobenzene and nitrate it.

[Edited on 6-7-2015 by Boffis]
macckone
International Hazard

Mood: Electrical

[*] posted on 6-7-2015 at 14:20

I was looking for an easier route.
Nitrating chlorobenzene seems a lot easier
than obtaining PCl5.
I would have to make it as well and
frankly that is a nasty process even if
it relatively straight forward.
ie. burn phosophorus in a total
dry chlorine atmosphere and collect
the pentachloride. Of course that requires
phosphorus which is a control chemical
but is relatively straight forward to make
from aluminum and phosphoric acid.
Of course that goes back to the pentachloride
being a nasty chemical to work with.

Of course obtaining DNPH in a good purity
is the goal, because if it isn't pure then
the ketone MP tests are not accurate.
Marvin
National Hazard

[*] posted on 6-7-2015 at 14:49

Quote: Originally posted by SupaVillain  
...if you want to learn more on preparing DNP you should look up the preparatory manual for explosives.

Ledgard is a fantasist.
nebotmo
Harmless

[*] posted on 6-7-2015 at 14:56

Quote: Originally posted by Boffis  
@nebotmo

Some years ago I started a thread on preparing this and other compounds from 2,4-dinitrochlorobenzene because there was an ebay seller selling this stuff by the bucket full at that time, in spite of the hazards associated with it. I intended to post a whole series of syntheses that could be easily performed on this material, the first was 2,4-dinitrophenol but I abandoned the thread because it became choked with drivel (search for dinitrochlorobenzene). In addition to my thread there is also a very nice thread on the synthesis of 2,4-dinitrobromobenzene which can be used as an alternative to the chloro-compound

The post above requesting details on how to turn 2,4-dinitrophenol back to the "more useful" 2,4-dinitrochlorobenzene brought a smile to my face:)

Yeah I am aware of the hydrolysis of the mentioned compound. I was merely curious of alternate routes to it's synthesis starting from phenol.

@kecskesajt, do you have a source for that?
kecskesajt
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 6-7-2015 at 23:30

http://www.google.hu/search?redir_esc=&redir_esc=&hl...

[Edited on 7-7-2015 by kecskesajt]
SupaVillain
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 9-7-2015 at 10:16

I dont care about Ledgard or the book if the synthesis in that book is wrong then correct me otherwise i make no effort to further discuss

Oh.
Marvin
National Hazard

[*] posted on 9-7-2015 at 18:08

Specifically for 2,4DNP his method, and I think I'm looking at a second edition, is a corrupt version of Example 1 in US Patent 3,933,926. This is normal procedure for him.

Ignoring the book and considering the patent, it's clever, plausible and well written but we've seen a lot of patents like that. Some produce highly toxic by products, some are wildly unsafe to do for other reasons and a lot just don't seem to work at all no matter how carefully they are followed. Patents are some of the least reliable sources we have, but if someone can try it safely that is the version to try.

Bottom line - only a fool trusts Ledgard.
SupaVillain
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 15-7-2015 at 02:01

You know, I still have a load of the stuff but i've never got around to selling more because i dont care about that crap. The money i got from it was directly spent on scientific apparatus. The more i learn about science and the more I build for my ability to experiment, the more i find my love for the hobby, the more i love myself, the less i feel like i want someone else in my life, and the less I care about what others think of my actions. I live more freely. Not all of us youngins are governed mentally by the pressures of the failed society around us. Being a thug is not as entertaining or fulfilling as even the basics of the sciences.

Oh.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top