Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Game: Chemistry from natural resources only
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 17-4-2015 at 13:35

Now there you see it clearly.

In the event of an apocalypse of any kind, i will know that my neighbour to the west, HgDinis25, will not only survive, but will have stocks of recently fabricated chemicals.

We could trade : his NaOH for some of my KOH (leached from wood ashes) and while haggling, there'd probably be some EtOH involved.

[Edited on 17-4-2015 by aga]

HgDinis25
Hazard to Others

Mood: Who drank my mercury?

[*] posted on 18-4-2015 at 13:39

Hahaha clearly aga is already trying to secure his place in my bargain list.

I'm actually thinking on doing a series of posts about obtaining chemicals from nature or otherwise readily available sources.
The Volatile Chemist
International Hazard

Mood: Copious

[*] posted on 19-4-2015 at 13:28

Obtaining chemicals from minerals, including the removal of impurities is one of my absolute favorite subjects because it combines two of my favorite subjects. Another up there is chem-informatics, as it includes advanced mathematics with chemistry.

Milan
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 23-4-2015 at 15:43

One thing I would like to do is to somehow extract lithium from lithium-rich fats.
Would this be possible? Also it doesn't need to be in the form of metal it can LiOH.
byko3y
National Hazard

Mood: dooM

[*] posted on 23-4-2015 at 16:17

Next time when you gonna obtain a computer from a sand, keep in mind that there was some really-really long way of inventing one technology that helped to invent another one.
And you can't make phosphorus by the OP's method without any technologies, because you need heat reasistant bricks and other stuff to make an arc furnace.
This is why it took so long for people to invent handling of iron. And making Ca(PO3)2 (for a low temperature process) from Ca3(PO4)2 without a good source of H2SO4 is a pain is the ass.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top