Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Worst smelling smoke bombs/rodent problems
kecskesajt
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

sad.gif posted on 23-4-2015 at 04:27
Worst smelling smoke bombs/rodent problems

Hey guys,

I have a problem about rodents.They snack from everything...Sad everything incuding wood,rubber concreat and even from the chickens food.So i tried to fumigate with chlorine,sulphur,ethyl mercaptane without success.I tried to smoke them with smoke bombs such as KNSu+ paraffin and KNO3/Charcoal/Sulphur/paraffin and wood meal.I also mixed corn with antifreeze.Made 3kilos and put somewhere where birds can't have acess.BUT FOR THE GOD SAKE THEY WON'T DISSAPEAR!!!! :mad: :mad: So whats the best composition of smoke?
Amos
International Hazard

Mood: No

[*] posted on 23-4-2015 at 06:21

Oh my. So you're asking for potent chemical weapons to kill rodents with? Or things that might deter them while leaving their lives intact? I also have a slight sense that maybe all of these things you're doing might stray from what is legal and/or ethical, too...

Bert
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
23-4-2015 at 06:23
Loptr
International Hazard

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 23-4-2015 at 06:26

The ACE by my house sells sodium-nitrate based black powder "smoke bombs" that are used for rodents. I would imagine the sulfur oxides would be quite effective.
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 23-4-2015 at 06:26

I suggest you pour some calcium carbide down the rat hole, pour a bit of water in too, then take a spark plug on a long lead, shove that well into the hole, cover hole, wait a few minutes , then apply high voltage pulse to spark plug...

Obviously, you would not do this INSIDE a building or near your chickens.

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Loptr
International Hazard

[*] posted on 23-4-2015 at 06:32

Quote: Originally posted by Bert  
I suggest you pour some calcium carbide down the rat hole, pour a bit of water in too, then take a spark plug on a long lead, shove that well into the hole, cover hole, wait a few minutes , then apply high voltage pulse to spark plug...

Obviously, you would not do this INSIDE a building or near your chickens.

This actually sounds fun. There is a ground bee nest on my property that might get this treatment!

[Edited on 23-4-2015 by Loptr]
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 23-4-2015 at 07:17

Be careful, the earth may move for you-

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

WGTR
National Hazard

Mood: Outline

[*] posted on 23-4-2015 at 12:01

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgztUzqaL3E
Hellafunt
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 23-4-2015 at 16:02

One of the pros, or maybe cons, of living in WA where cannabis food is 100% legal is that I end up laughing hysterically for way too long when watching videos like the one you just linked to,WGTR. Mainly reading the commentary after watching the video, priceless!
violet sin
International Hazard

Mood: Good

[*] posted on 23-4-2015 at 16:45

GOOD LORD, I really hope my soon to be father in law doesn't see that vid... the neighbors will hate him... funny tho. had to come back and edit this, I showed my fiance, and she can't stop laughing yet. decided we may show her mother the vid, but keeping her pops away from that kind of technology.

he's the guy that almost burnt down the woods adjacent to their home while not paying attention to a yard waste pile he lit. guess it was nap time. caught it before it got to the trees, but a good portion of the bushes didn't fair so well. fell a tree *towards* the house, taking off the gutter and half the facia board it was attached to. that was their BEDROOM mind you. rototilled their line to the septic, built a 10' wood shed from 2x2" pine- off of the side of a 4x6"& 6x12" framed shed???, same 2x2" construction with the frame to hold up a ~100-lb cast iron sink, couldn't build a potato box to save his life( all sides were different lengths even with proper tools)

I don't have to worry too much, we live ~200mi away, in safety. can't even imagine the damage he could reap with that?!

[Edited on 24-4-2015 by violet sin]
Loptr
International Hazard

[*] posted on 23-4-2015 at 16:56

It looks awesome! I have a bad problem with moles and yellow jackets (they have a nest under a tree in my yard).

I have tried the smoke bombs that you buy at the hardware store on the moles, but it doesn't seem to have done much.

The Rodenator would take care of them, but you would have to find them. I have tunnels going all over my yard, and it might not get them. I would have to spend quite a bit of time literally blowing my yard to pieces.
violet sin
International Hazard

Mood: Good

[*] posted on 23-4-2015 at 17:07

but could you imagine the fun of witnessing a gopher going air borne if you got the wrong end of the hole?

yellow jackets are my nemesis. gasoline works just fine for them. pour it on/down the entrances, light it, step back. watch out for the ones that fly out into the flames... the wings came off but not all die, they still crawl like lill ninja bastards. capable of biting and stinging if you are too close while watching the glory of their demise with a wicked smile.

my lady is allergic = hospital, and we don't know about our son yet. sooo, I feel justified.
Hellafunt
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 23-4-2015 at 18:32

man, be careful with those yellow jackets. I have never been allergic, but last year, while searching for mushrooms in the woods, I was attacked badly. Despite my insane freakout, they still managed to sting me about 30 times, with about half on the face. I must confess, this was really uncool. My face swelled up to a size I would not have thought possible, and now I wonder if I could have been exposed enough to the venom to cause an allergy.
On the plus side, Ive polluted my system so ridiculously much intentionally, it is unlikely that some bugs are going to make a difference. I dont give it any thought really, but when I do happen to see one, I demurely step aside for it.
kecskesajt
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 24-4-2015 at 07:31

Quote: Originally posted by Amos  
Oh my. So you're asking for potent chemical weapons to kill rodents with? Or things that might deter them while leaving their lives intact? I also have a slight sense that maybe all of these things you're doing might stray from what is legal and/or ethical, too...
Lol I think you didnt had damage over 50$ over because of something.I sad for them to leave but they don't...
kecskesajt
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 24-4-2015 at 07:37

Yeah I wasted .5kg of CaC2 for this purpose but they dont even gave a fU©k.I did it with my dad and I sad:why dont we 'gnite it?He sad that would be a huge explosion and probably fly the chicken house XD.I heard somewhere that OxyAcetylene have a VoD 3500m/s :o That calcium carbide could be used for other purpuses :(
morganbw
National Hazard

[*] posted on 24-4-2015 at 14:44

Quote: Originally posted by kecskesajt  
Yeah I wasted .5kg of CaC2 for this purpose but they dont even gave a fU©k.I did it with my dad and I sad:why dont we 'gnite it?He sad that would be a huge explosion and probably fly the chicken house XD.I heard somewhere that OxyAcetylene have a VoD 3500m/s :o That calcium carbide could be used for other purpuses :(

Calcium carbide has been used for this very purpose for a very long time.
Use a lesser amount and if needed rebuild your chicken house.
kecskesajt
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 25-4-2015 at 02:47

Yeah but its' holes are under the buildint so i don't want to use it.Also I don't have chickens anymore cause' I dont have time for them and I was quite sure that is no food=no rat but wasnt working :(
jock88
National Hazard

[*] posted on 25-4-2015 at 14:14

ClO2 has been used by professional rat killers I believe. Generated by sodium chlorate + acid.

You could also use CO. It can be generated from Na Nitrate + Charcoal (gas cartridges)

[Edited on 25-4-2015 by jock88]
kecskesajt
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 25-4-2015 at 21:24

Quote: Originally posted by jock88  

ClO2 has been used by professional rat killers I believe. Generated by sodium chlorate + acid.

You could also use CO. It can be generated from Na Nitrate + Charcoal (gas cartridges)

[Edited on 25-4-2015 by jock88]

ClO2= rats running=static electricity=huge boom.And ClO2 is very sensitive to UV.CO
-What I used Smoke compositions are very very OB negative so generates a lot of CO.Tried exhaust fumes from .lawn mower wich hasnt got a catalisator.Nothing happened.

Go To Top