Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Hello everybody.
bigtrevs98
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-5-2015 at 15:57
Hello everybody.

Hi everyone. I've been lurking around on here for a month or so now and I've asked a few questions (sorry if they are kinda "dumb" questions) and I've gotten pretty helpful answers. I was wanting to try to get to know everybody.
If your comfortable,
Tell me your name
And what you like to do as hobbies.
Btw I like build/play with computers and hoping to get degrees in computer engineering and chemistry.
In advance, nice to meet you all and I hope you all can come to know me as somewhat of a friend I guess.
Loptr
International Hazard

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 4-5-2015 at 16:21

I think our forum monikers are good enough for now. :)

Welcome to ScienceMadness!

I am a software engineer in real-life. Keep up with the computers because developers are going to be in demand for a while, which equals more money for you.
Amos
International Hazard

Mood: No

[*] posted on 4-5-2015 at 16:25

My real name is also my username. I enjoy drawing, running, disc sports, and heavy metal music. I'm studying to be a bioengineer.

Zombie
Forum Hillbilly

Mood: I just don't know...

[*] posted on 4-5-2015 at 19:06

I'm a zombie, and I eat brains. Don't do much else.

They tried to have me "put to sleep" so I came back to return the favor.
Zom.
diddi
National Hazard

Mood: Fluorescent

[*] posted on 4-5-2015 at 19:37

I listen to amos' music but I share my music with plante. I used to share my profession with j_sum, but now I am more like Loptr. I would like to be more like Neptunium, but atm I am more like myself. I live near TheAustralianScientist but not near Brain&Force, but I have posted things to Brain&Force but not TheAutsralianScientist. I have a sausage dog called Otto.

Beginning construction of periodic table display
Texium
Administrator

Member Is Online

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 4-5-2015 at 19:47

I'm a high school student from Texas. I'd like to major in chemistry in college (surprise, surprise). In addition to home chemistry, I enjoy gardening as my other hobby.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
bigtrevs98
Harmless

[*] posted on 4-5-2015 at 20:41

Nice diddi. Confuse me the first time we meet. Lol. Good luck zts16. Thanks Loptr. And nice Amos we share kinda the same taste in music also.
diddi
National Hazard

[*] posted on 4-5-2015 at 21:08

your confused? you have no idea how confused I am :)

what bands do you like

[Edited on 5-5-2015 by diddi]

j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 4-5-2015 at 21:25

Stick around bigtrev and get to know everyone. I am actually quite surprised how many SMers I feel that I know -- their age or real name or vocation or area of expertise or interests or where they live(d) or whole bunch of stuff. I am not sure I want to concentrate all of that information in one place and there is some information that I will never drop in an open forum. But if you read around you will probably get to know a few of us.
Welcome and happy experimenting.
Zombie
Forum Hillbilly

Mood: I just don't know...

[*] posted on 4-5-2015 at 22:47

I live in a box under my bed.

They tried to have me "put to sleep" so I came back to return the favor.
Zom.
bigtrevs98
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 00:07

Diddi I like. Marylin manson, asking Alexandria, motionless in white, pierce the veil. A lot of stuff. A lot of dubstep too. And zombie can you take me on a tour of your box one day? :D
blargish
Hazard to Others

Mood: Mode Push

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 07:03

Hey man, welcome to sciencemadness! I'm finishing up my senior year of high school in Canada and hope to pursue chemistry at college as well. As for my life away from chemistry, i enjoy puzzles, astrophysics, and geology, and also play hockey at the JrA level. I'm actually gonna be taking a gap year next year just for that :) It's been hard to squeeze in home chemistry, especially over the last year, but I try to whenever I can!

This website has been an invaluable source of information for me over the past couple years too.

BLaRgISH
ELRIC
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 14:18

New here as well. Hoping to get into college to study chem as a thirty something, even though the job market seems to not be so good. I've been lurking here for several years and STILL haven't got a lab, but it's comming soon. I do have a 12" telescope and what not ( other hoby). Signed up three months ago, and just made my first post yesterday. Trying not to post unless I can contribute. No Zep fans on here? No guitarists?
Amos
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 16:43

ELRIC, I also live in Kentucky, Louisville to be exact. And might your username in fact be a reference to a certain manga/anime?

diddi
National Hazard

[*] posted on 8-5-2015 at 04:59

Led Zep. Keyboards

ELRIC
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 8-5-2015 at 07:38

Elric of Melnibone'
Amos
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-5-2015 at 07:42

Quote: Originally posted by ELRIC  
Elric of Melnibone'

Oh well, it was worth a shot.

ELRIC
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 8-5-2015 at 07:47

Hey Amos, isn't there somewhere in Louisville
where they sell glassware?
Amos
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-5-2015 at 09:30

Quote: Originally posted by ELRIC  
Hey Amos, isn't there somewhere in Louisville
where they sell glassware?

Not that I know of. There's a company called Antec here that distributes chemicals and glassware, but they don't carry a whole lot as far as glassware goes, and many of their chemicals are very expensive compared to what you might find online. I don't even think you can visit them and buy stuff; more like just shipping to real labs and companies. If you ask me, you're better off shopping on eBay or AliExpress.

ELRIC
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 8-5-2015 at 16:51

Hey man, what happend to ya? I was wanting to ask you a few questions about the colleges around here via U2U
szuko03
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 9-5-2015 at 08:09

It always surprises me how many people are still in High school on this site. I suppose the only reason I wasnt a member when I was in HS is, first off it probably didnt exist back then and if it did it was in its infancy and I didnt post on any forums back then. Its a good thing dont get me wrong because it exposes you to things that you otherwise would have no idea.

I studied chemistry at the University of Connecticut and took all the under grad chem classes they offer, short of analytical and physical basically 3-4 classes left before I took every one Uconn offered. What I am trying to say is this forum does not even come close to how much humans know and how deep all of it actually goes. Its just like everything in life this stuff will prepare you a little but nothing will fully prepare you for everything such as molecular orbital theory for example, its huge and complicated not impossible but it can look like it if you just look at my note book.

I went for pure curiosity, I would love a job in a chemistry field and that is my over all goal but I am not pissed i got kicked out due to a lack of funding and never got a degree because I spent 3 years learning about chemistry and what I assume to be close to the most advanced things. Not that I mastered them and moved on but that I know of them and how color is produced for example. I now look at the world completely differently and I owe it to my love for chemistry.

My point being it is hard, you will struggle wonder why maybe even hate yourself because you are tied to something that seems impossible and it takes so much more effort then all of your friends who party. A full dedication to chemistry may feel like the academic equivalent of joining the marines but if it is what you want to do you wont care about studying on a friday or waking up at 5am to finish up a lab. It is worth it and in your darkest hour remember that we all go through that I questioned myself always, felt like I was stupid and didnt belong only to get a great grade on an exam, just keep at it.

Chemistry is a natural drive, not an interest.

Go To Top