Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: theory of all matter
futurenobellaureate
Harmless

Mood: nerdy

[*] posted on 15-7-2006 at 19:02
theory of all matter

I have come up with a theory for how all matter in the universe was created. It goes below:

Blank universe (no energy or matter) -> change in velocity of universe creates small amount of electrical energy -> small amount of electrical energy form quarks -> quarks form protons, neutrons, and electrons -> protons, neutrons, and electrons form atoms -> atoms form compounds -> compounds form matter

This knowledge is useful because it tells us how matter formed, tells us how we can create matter, explains why new elements are constantly being discovered, and possibly implies that the universe is older than we think. What do you think about this? How can I publish it?

[Edited on 16-7-2006 by futurenobellaureate]

Sciguy
DeAdFX
Hazard to Others

Mood: @%&$ing hardcore baby

[*] posted on 15-7-2006 at 19:12

I don't follow this section very much but by looking at the other publications I can tell you that you are far from the publishing state. Where are your sources, background, experimental, conclusion, and fancy graphs;).
Rosco Bodine
Banned

Mood: analytical

[*] posted on 15-7-2006 at 19:53

What is " velocity " when there is nothing to relate it to
and velocity is by definition relative .

And what is electrical energy ?

These are entirely nonspecific quantities which are being used in an effort to define specific quantities .

Perhaps the way in which God put everything into being
is something which is not the capability of human thinking to understand even if it were all correctly explained and life was long enough to hear the complete explanation .
12AX7
Post Harlot

Mood: informative

[*] posted on 15-7-2006 at 21:10

Seems to me the most likely possibility is that this universe is the result of a compression of a previous "big crunch", essentially the ultimate expression of gravity and conservation of energy. Hmm, I don't remember the Schwartzchild radius of the estimated universe...

...As for how it got here, it just *IS*. If you need God to explain that, by all means please do. :)

Tim

Seven Transistor Labs LLC http://seventransistorlabs.com/
Electronic Design, from Concept to Layout.
Need engineering assistance? Drop me a message!
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
chromium
Hazard to Others

Mood: reactive

[*] posted on 15-7-2006 at 22:56

To explain universe (or anything in it) scientiffically you need formulas that describe numerically how things behave. If these (numerical) descriptions follow facts with greater precision than those we have so far then its considered new and valuable theory. As presented here it is just "some philosphical thoughts about universe". May be great for sci-fi but not any help for science or technology.

[Edited on 16-7-2006 by chromium]
futurenobellaureate
Harmless

[*] posted on 17-7-2006 at 14:34

The proofs of my theory are:

1.The fact that Hydrogen has an atomic number of one and an atomic mass of 1.079.
2.The composition of atoms. All atoms in general are made of protons, neutrons, and electrons; suggesting the particles come from a single source.
3.The universe, as we know it, began devoid of matter and energy. This is common sense, because for at least one second, the universe had to be blank. And in a universe without energy or matter, the only way that the matter could form is through a change in velocity.

An experiment for this would be impossible and without an experiment, I cannot develop a mathematical model for this phenomena.

[Edited on 17-7-2006 by futurenobellaureate]

Sciguy
12AX7
Post Harlot

[*] posted on 17-7-2006 at 15:46

Er...okay...those facts have nothing to do with each other, and don't make much sense in and of themselves. For instance, neutrons are related to protons, but carry no charge; therefore, intuitively, one might suspect they were generated from a different source. You have a *lot* of work to go before you get a sensible syllogism going there.

1. This means...!? No duh it has an atomic mass of 1 point something, that's how we defined the unit convienient for nuclear-scale masses. What's that have to do with it being #1?

2. According to current theories, protons and neutrons (and other complex, heavy particles) condensed from quarks, at an extremely high temperature. In contrast, electrons are an elementary particle, and coexisted within the quark gas in the first couple nanoseconds of the "Big Bang".

3. A groundless assumption; for all we know, space has dimensions such that the amount of mass/energy remains constant. Conservation of mass/energy IS supported by the last 15 billion years of observed astronomical evolution. The observation of "empty space" would be a product of attractions, not so much the inherent properties of space. (For all we know, interstellar or intergalactic space is chock full of exotic stuffs anyway.)

I don't even know what to make of "a change in velocity". How can absolute, impermeable nothingness have velocity? With respect to what? WTF!

Tim

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
futurenobellaureate
Harmless

[*] posted on 17-7-2006 at 16:45

Basically, what I am generally saying is that "matter came from energy".

Sciguy
Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 17-7-2006 at 16:56

Matter is energy which is organized and behaving
in a certain way which gives it a definite form .

What is the nature of the energy ?

Did it have an origin and/or ending or is it eternal ?

Why is it organized in certain forms ?

If these things cannot be explained , then what
substance has your theory of matter ?

Also you relate things like time and velocity to a universe
at a point of non-development which was a state of nothingness supposing that such a blank condition existed
for at least " one second " ......during such a condition
when time itself would be irrelevant since time is related
to different progressions of development of one thing
compared to another . When no * things * have yet come to
exist , then neither does time . Because time is a relationship between the workings of one thing as compare to some other thing ....time is relative and requires different
* things * for comparison . Velocity is a function of distance
travelled and time , and distance is also relative ....so it is clear you are applying quantities which only exist in an
already existant universe , and have no form yet in a universe not yet existant . This is oxymoronic .

[Edited on 18-7-2006 by Rosco Bodine]
12AX7
Post Harlot

[*] posted on 17-7-2006 at 17:34

Quote:
Originally posted by futurenobellaureate

Well, it certainly did; if you do the calculations, you'll see that, due to the intense temperature of the early (first couple seconds/minutes) universe (according to Big Bang), so much black-body radiation, matter-antimatter annihilation and whatnot, that energy (primarily as photons, and probaby as kinetic energy as well) was in excess of the mass-energy of the masses present.

Tim

sparkgap
International Hazard

Mood: chaotropic

[*] posted on 17-7-2006 at 20:13

Quote:

Yep. Original.

In any case, if that's that, as you claim, why did you have to spew a cloud of mumbo-jumbo that don't lend credence to your theory anyway?

And yes, would you mind telling us your definition of velocity and *what* exactly changed in velocity in your, ehem, "unique" theory? ;)

sparky (~_~)

"What's UTFSE? I keep hearing about it, but I can't be arsed to search for the answer..."
Marvin
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 18-7-2006 at 08:24

The most important part of any theory, is that it must contain a difference to the existing theory that can be tested.
joeman2194
Harmless

[*] posted on 18-7-2006 at 19:09

actually, god created the universe in six days... thats how it was created... read yo' genisis boi!
IrC
International Hazard

Mood: Discovering

[*] posted on 18-7-2006 at 19:23

If a bear shit in the woods would he have heard the big bang?

If he did, theory proved! If he did not, then another detritical thesis bites the dust.
guy
National Hazard

Mood: Catalytic!

[*] posted on 18-7-2006 at 20:29

Hey I was always wondering if exothermic reactions cause loss in mass due to E=mc<sup>2</sup>. Every book, site I have read supports this, but I was wondering what you guys think.

IrC
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-7-2006 at 20:58

Not sure where you are getting "every book" but chemical reactions involve electrons, not more massive particles (other than proton donors or acceptors but really they are not being "lost" anywhere). Any loss would have to be small as electrons are light and the final products should be electrically neutral for the most part. The only loss of electrons would be from compounds which are sharing electrons to give neutrality meaning yes there could be less electrons at the finish of a reaction in a given product than the electrons within the original elements which made up that product. I am sure there can be esoteric reasons I am wrong here but in the final analysis the electrons are so light it would not have a lot of meaning in terms of mass loss.

[Edited on 19-7-2006 by IrC]
chromium
Hazard to Others

Mood: reactive

[*] posted on 18-7-2006 at 22:15

Quote:
Originally posted by guy
Hey I was always wondering if exothermic reactions cause loss in mass due to E=mc<sup>2</sup>. Every book, site I have read supports this, but I was wondering what you guys think.

They surely cause (as energy always has certain mass according to this formula) but change in mass is so small that we rarely can measure it even if best manmade devices are used.

[Edited on 19-7-2006 by chromium]
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 18-7-2006 at 22:32

Quote:
The proofs of my theory are:

1.The fact that Hydrogen has an atomic number of one and an atomic mass of 1.079.
2.The composition of atoms. All atoms in general are made of protons, neutrons, and electrons; suggesting the particles come from a single source.
3.The universe, as we know it, began devoid of matter and energy. This is common sense, because for at least one second, the universe had to be blank. And in a universe without energy or matter, the only way that the matter could form is through a change in velocity.

An experiment for this would be impossible and without an experiment, I cannot develop a mathematical model for this phenomena.

[Edited on 17-7-2006 by futurenobellaureate]

Reminds me of Archimedes Plutonium :(
Do we have a serious troll????

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 18-7-2006 at 22:37

Quote:
Originally posted by guy

Even better still :D

Does a burned out light bulb whose envelope and seal is intact ......have less weight than when it was new ?
guy
National Hazard

Mood: Catalytic!

[*] posted on 18-7-2006 at 22:44

Quote:
Originally posted by Rosco Bodine
Quote:
Originally posted by guy

Even better still :D

Does a burned out light bulb whose envelope and seal is intact ......have less weight than when it was new ?

A light bulb as far as I know does not undergo chemical reactions. It heats up due to energy supplied.

The energy loss is very very very little for chemical reactions that it has not been conformed experimentally. Example, 1 Kg of TNT will lose 1/10,000,000 of a kg.

Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 18-7-2006 at 23:11

I would guess that there is some small loss in mass for the burned out light bulb even if the vapors from the burned out filament are condensed on the inside of the glass . I have no data to support that guess , it is just my guess that some small part of that incandescent filament
did not remain as intact matter within that glass envelope , but likely as ions or other particles escaped .
I could be wrong , but I can't find any data on this either way .

The loss of mass for purely chemical reactions would
probably correspond to the change of energy associated
with electrons populating different orbital shells , the
transition to a lower energy state for electrons in the compounds formed as reaction products , corresponding
with a very tiny loss in mass . Only nuclear reactions
would show a substantial change in mass , and of course a lot greater energy associated with the greater change
in mass .
tumadre
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 19-7-2006 at 00:54

There is a loss of mass in a light bulb because a good 550 watt halogen lamp will lose half its tungsten, and become half as bright by the time it burns out, and the tungsten is not visable on the glass, as it can be is smaller lamps.

correct me if i'm wrong but the pressure in halogen bulbs during operation can be several hundred pounds.
IrC
International Hazard

[*] posted on 19-7-2006 at 01:22

Please stop, my brain can't take the pain. Everythying inside the light bulb is still there. No difference in weight. The tungsten is still in there, even a pet chimp knows this much.

"as energy always has certain mass according to this formula"

Not true. A photon obeys that formula but has no mass. It has momentum. In effect the momentum would be the mass equivalent just as gravity would be felt whether on earth or inside an elevator under a steady 1g acceleration, meaning the equivalency between the attraction between masses and acceleration is like unto the equivalency between mass and momentum . The m in mc2 would be the momentum equivalent and the numbers would come out the same. When electrons and a positrons collide you find photons with the energy (frequency) directly equivalent to the mass of the particles, so e=mc2 still holds. Again, this does not give the photon the right to claim it has mass.
Marvin
National Hazard

[*] posted on 19-7-2006 at 02:36

It has no *rest* mass, I'm not sure that amounts to the same thing as your argument.

Einsteins general theory is beyond me, but a ray of light bends due to gravity of a star, it therefore seems reasonable to suspect a force must also be felt by the star.

With regard to the lightbulb, if we assume it to be a truly sealed container with no atoms exscaping or entering then we still have the seperation of the filement. Breaking metalic bonds requires energy, so we'd expect the bulb with the filiment spread over a larger surface area to be heavier than a new one.
Nicodem
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 19-7-2006 at 02:43

Quote:
Originally posted by woelen
Reminds me of Archimedes Plutonium :(
Do we have a serious troll????

Indeed, all of the few Futurenobellaureate's posts up to now were more or less obvious trolling. Some might be considered a joke like this one, but it gets quite annoying after some time. Especially if considering that such an attitude is nothing else but mocking on this forum and its members (not that I take that personally, but nevertheless…).

PS: However, I must admit that his nickname is just perfect for a troll. I appreciate such creative imagination.:P

…there is a human touch of the cultist “believer” in every theorist that he must struggle against as being unworthy of the scientist. Some of the greatest men of science have publicly repudiated a theory which earlier they hotly defended. In this lies their scientific temper, not in the scientific defense of the theory. - Weston La Barre (Ghost Dance, 1972)

Read the The ScienceMadness Guidelines!
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top