Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Electronic valve (solenoid?)
Hazard to Self

Posts: 50
Registered: 10-4-2015
Member Is Offline

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 13:04
Electronic valve (solenoid?)

The reason why you can't separate substances that boil less than 40-50C apart is because the temp/pressure isn't homogenous in the pre-condensation path, right?
Is there a piece (electronic maybe) which inserts between heated flask and claisen adapter (or vigreux) which contains a thermometer (ntc or ptc) and solenoid valve, controlled by computer to only open the valve when a given temperature is/isn't reached?
The heating is also computer/microcontroller controlled, using the din 5 connector at the back of the hotplate
View user's profile View All Posts By User
Forum Hillbilly

Posts: 1700
Registered: 13-1-2015
Location: Florida PanHandle
Member Is Offline

Mood: I just don't know...

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 16:17

There are PID controllers that have been adapted to operate valves in all sorts of temperature control applications.

For ready made??? you will have to search around. In Lab glass I have only seen custom made bits on Youtube videos.

They tried to have me "put to sleep" so I came back to return the favor.
View user's profile View All Posts By User

  Go To Top