Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Any One Want To Trade?
SimpleChemist-238
Hazard to Others

Mood: Chlorine Trifloride Flame Thrower

[*] posted on 1-6-2015 at 03:14
Any One Want To Trade?

Good News Every One!
I found a 400w metal halide bulb any was wondering if any one wanted one and had something to trade such as salts of bromine or iodine. Here is the type of bulb, shipping would be in Florida or the continental United States. Pictures will be up shortly!

64507.jpg - 8kB

We are chemists , we bring light to the darkness. Knowledge to ignorant, excitement to the depressed and unknowing. we bring crops to broken fields and water to the desert. Where there is fear we bring curiosity.

SimpleChemist-238
Hazard to Others

Mood: Chlorine Trifloride Flame Thrower

[*] posted on 1-6-2015 at 11:43

Here it is,

photo 2.JPG - 609kBphoto 3.JPG - 602kBphoto 4.JPG - 599kB

We are chemists , we bring light to the darkness. Knowledge to ignorant, excitement to the depressed and unknowing. we bring crops to broken fields and water to the desert. Where there is fear we bring curiosity.

Zombie
Forum Hillbilly

Mood: I just don't know...

[*] posted on 1-6-2015 at 20:04

Hello electric company?

Yes, I'd like to inform you I built another house inside my house, and my electric bill will be um, more.

Hello?

Hmmmm.. Maybe for the Xmas tree.

I'm pretty sure that is a 220 volt lamp, and it requires a ballast to start it. I had one on a barn that was on my property, and I couldn't get it to work without spending 150.00 bucks on parts. It's still there as far as I know.

They tried to have me "put to sleep" so I came back to return the favor.
Zom.
Zephyr
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 2-6-2015 at 06:41

I'm always interested in trading, but I don't need any giant light bulbs...

U2U me if you want to exchange chemicals!

Sciencemadness Patches for sale! U2U me if you are interested.
http://imgur.com/a/QmpHn http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=62566&...
szuko03
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2-6-2015 at 09:51

Zombie is correct I believe anything requiring a 400W current is going to need a ballast to regulate that current. Those ballasts can be kinda pricey new and if you get a used one it is probably going hum and sometimes kinda loudly at that. Then you will need a reflector with the proper style socket.

I am not saying it isnt a valuable trade for those who have things already or wish to start. Extra lighting or bulbs in case one goes on you is vital.

Also running a 400W bulb for 18 hours a day will not use *that* much electricity at all. you gotta figure old style bulbs come in 40W and thats like 10 of those. It sounds like a lot until you think you have your computer, TV, and house lights on. I would think a lot of us have 400W going naturally and if one can learn to limit usage and turn off the other lights you probably wouldnt even notice a difference in the bill, I think my friends went up like 15 dollars when we installed one. He was also the type to leave his TV on at night, which probably uses a decent chunk of electricity.

Chemistry is a natural drive, not an interest.

Go To Top