Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: RogueSci
blogfast25
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-1-2016 at 08:25

The real danger though is terrorism. The chemistry of these things has been known for a long time, I remember reading about it in the Scientific American over 20 years ago: f*ckt*rds like "NBK2000" (may he burn in hell) or his "RS" notwithstanding.

Remember:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_subway_sarin_attack

Agari
Banned

Mood: Lowest Oxidation State

[*] posted on 11-1-2016 at 13:59

Quote: Originally posted by woelen  
Not all of them will try such things but I still can imagine at least some of them are mad enough to play around with this kind of stuff. Fortunately the required reagents are not as OTC as their writings try to make us believe. However, a really dedicated and sufficiently mad person might be able to do this, the procedures are not totally beyond reach of home chemists.

In the Netherlands we have had a mad guy whose house was raided in 2014. He had quite a few CWC-precursors at his home and he had some small bottles with blistering agents. These materials were stored in a normal house in a box. His family had warned the police when they discovered this. So, abuse of chemicals for this purpose is not totally theoretical, it is a scary real possibility. Didn't we also have a guy on sciencemadness who was experimenting with VX? I'm not sure about this.

[Edited on 11-1-16 by woelen]

The person who was supposedly experimenting with VX was also an RS member,he disappeared shortly after the site went down.

[Edited on 12-1-2016 by Agari]

Element Collection Status:
Elements Acquired: 21/91
Latest: Lead (Pb)
Quantity: 12g
-----------------------------------------------------
Agari
Banned

Mood: Lowest Oxidation State

[*] posted on 11-1-2016 at 14:27

Quote: Originally posted by blogfast25  
The real danger though is terrorism. The chemistry of these things has been known for a long time, I remember reading about it in the Scientific American over 20 years ago: f*ckt*rds like "NBK2000" (may he burn in hell) or his "RS" notwithstanding.

Remember:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_subway_sarin_attack

Link to a story describing NBK's ultimate fantasy
We won't be seeing him again though.

[Edited on 11-1-2016 by Agari]

Element Collection Status:
Elements Acquired: 21/91
Latest: Lead (Pb)
Quantity: 12g
-----------------------------------------------------
blogfast25
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-1-2016 at 14:50

Ok, maybe we should drop this NBK stuff now? I mean, what next on SM, snuff movies?

Fantasma4500
International Hazard

Mood: dangerously practical

[*] posted on 2-3-2016 at 06:32

i must say, the kind of "english" they were hit by now and then was english attempts you would only rarely meet on the internet, headache inducing, possibly dangerous
i should be less tolerant with the intolerant, but with that said.. oftenly people who manage to get into a power position are not fit for the job, especially not if they applied for the position themselves

i'd like to be careful just buying a story in which a person having access to information widely disgraced by government, and alledgedly (realistically very likely, too) to firearms (which government doesnt like either) could be made up, and i think its dangerous to just straight up buy the story, keep in mind we may all be demonized simply for possessing interests thats is accordingly to government worrying, to say the least, not gonna conspire any further than this, although.. regardless sad, in many ways

~25 drops = 1mL @dH2O viscocity - STP
Truth is ever growing - but without context theres barely any such.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solubility_table
http://www.trimen.pl/witek/calculators/stezenia.html
Herr Haber
International Hazard

[*] posted on 2-3-2016 at 18:16

EM... why not? There are thousands of examples of people making EM on this forum for the kicks, for the challenge, for a real actual live use.
Was gasses like irritants, tear agents... that's a bit more borderline but still, why not? I've been doing Chloropicrin because one of my friends gave me the idea of how to use a tear agent. Still, I use an eye dropper when I use it because... well, I dont need more ! (though I'll have to investigate why my yields are so low).

But nerve agents? WTF is wrong here? It's not usefull in any way, you cannot show off to your buddies, you'll probably end up on a government list somewhere and eventually dead for having made a mistake.

I chose my nickname precisely because of the duality of the man. I like paradoxes. Pre-war he developped the Haber-Bosh process and during the war... well... he was so into his thing that he let his spouse commit suicide.
IMO, there are so many toxic substances that we can talk about that nerve agents have nothing to do here.
"A higher form of killing" said Haber.
Almost 101 years after the introduction of chemical weapons on the battlefield I still dont see how this would be a "higher" form or killing or how it could elevate the level of conversation on SM !!
Marvin
National Hazard

[*] posted on 3-3-2016 at 04:39

FWIW, I don't see a duality in f.haber. At all. Fixing nitrogen was never about feeding the world, it was about explosives. Germany could never have sustained a war importing nitrates from Chile.

Let's also not pull the punch, "into his thing" was pushing the German high command into using chemical warfare agents, promising them a fast end to the war.
Herr Haber
International Hazard

[*] posted on 3-3-2016 at 09:19

He began his research on the Haber process long before there was even a Rumor of war. Sure, it was convenient to oxydize it through the Ostwald process that predates it a few years to get nitric acid. Until Haber there was no convenient way to make ammonia to feed that Ostwald process.
And then, think about what he did after the war! Trying to extract gold from see water to help pay for Germany's debts!

But you're right on one account: it was never about feeding the world. It was about feeding Germany.
For a very long time, his ammonia was converted into ammonium sulfate to raise crops before making explosives.
I'll gladly concede though that his works allowed Germany a longer war. Both because of the food they otherwise wouldnt have gotten, the explosives they couldnt have made and the gasses that Evolved way past Cl Under his influence.
Fantasma4500
International Hazard

Mood: dangerously practical

[*] posted on 4-3-2016 at 23:56

i think its naive to imagine that you arent already on most governments watchlist for simply having visited a chemistry website, and if not that-- well the NSA would still run mass surveillance on every single person they can

~25 drops = 1mL @dH2O viscocity - STP
Truth is ever growing - but without context theres barely any such.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solubility_table
http://www.trimen.pl/witek/calculators/stezenia.html
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top