Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Lead azide and PETN - Impact and burn test
aldofad
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-8-2015 at 15:24
Lead azide and PETN - Impact and burn test

Hello world,
every time I make a dangerous energetic, like those mentioned in subject, I perform a small batch test on hummer impact and flame burn.
Here is a brief video I made for a batch test of both Lead Azide and PETN, please take a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abw1vRXm66k&feature=youtu.be

I just wish to make you notice how PETN is quite sensitive on impact, close to Lead Azide, according to official data

petn.png.jpg - 95kB

The purpose of this message, from my point of view, is just to share my respect of PETN as if it was a primary (from an impact point of view).

Let me know your valuable opinions.

cheers.

[Edited on 10-8-2015 by aldofad]
Jnas480
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 14-8-2015 at 07:00

Hello
Aldofad

Is the following samples you synthesized?

It would also differ on how synthesis is processed.

The impact testing of product is performed by dropping a fixed weight onto a sample to be tested from a given distance. The weight is released, impacts upon the sample. The impact distances are determined and the results are analyzed by the sensitivity test and analysis methods selected.
Impact testing may also be performed with liquid samples confined.
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

Mood: Bis-diazo-dinitro-hydroquinonic

[*] posted on 15-8-2015 at 11:17

There is also some statistic involved as 50% explosed charge at first impact from given height is the formal height.

The more the height is increased the more the % of confidence of the explosion goes to 100%.

Hitting several times the sample increases the compaction and heat of the sample after each impact thus test is bias-ed!

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)

Go To Top