Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Where do you draw the line?
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 20-11-2017 at 21:25

Sorry for the above rant.

The OP mentions overeating leading to obesity and asks why it is not legally discouraged... Well, in Japan which has pretty good public health IT IS. Google "metabo law".

Someone else remembered something about Portugal? The Portugese had the humanity to choose harm reduction over punishment. As so much of the harm had come from drug law enforcement, this included decriminalization.

Not legalization, you still can't legally smoke/snort/shoot dope while walking down main street at high noon. But what happens if you do and draw police attention in Portugal has some chance of being less damaging to you than your behavior was in the first place.

Decriminalization- A Love Story

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

NedsHead
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 20-11-2017 at 23:41

Apology redundant, I happen to strongly agree with you Bert
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top