Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  7    9    11  ..  14
Author: Subject: New chemicals for sale !
Cou
National Hazard

Mood: Mad Scientist

[*] posted on 2-7-2020 at 18:36

I have to wait a while for cyclohexanol b/c COVID-19 has limited international shipping.

my youtube channel, organic chemistry videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0qzaRyHxLUOExwagKStYHw
Tellurium
Hazard to Self

Mood: smelly

[*] posted on 6-7-2020 at 04:11

I just had another smooth transaction with mario! He really makes the wet dreams of a hobby-chemist become true! :D Always my no.1 Choice;)

Racconized
Harmless

Mood: Yes

[*] posted on 10-7-2020 at 04:28

First time dealing with mario, very friendly guy and fast with replying to any questions. Paid using his preferred payment method/system and two weeks in advance of when he expected new delivery of chemicals. No delays and his prediction of when he would get it in stock was on point. Delivery time was 6 days (EU).

++ Shipping cost was good
++ Packaging was professional, more or less the same type packaging I have got with other chemical suppliers.

Overall a great first time experience and will be my go-to supplier for getting less available (i.e. only available from sigma, Fischer or whatever) chemicals
outer_limits
Hazard to Others

Mood: hybridized

[*] posted on 22-7-2020 at 04:50

Another transaction with Mario - 10/10

oblivionbubble
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-7-2020 at 19:31

My first experience and I must say i am sleeping better now that i know there are people who really conduct their business on a such a level.

Communication 5/5 (for a forum, impressive response times with relevant info regarding inquiries)

Packaging: 6/5 - Anything more and it would be overkill. Perfect

Product quality: - as advertised, excellent

Delivery time: standard courier transit time for my route

All in all, Thank you for your work.

nsimic3000
Harmless

[*] posted on 29-7-2020 at 08:47

No matter how harsh is the situation in the world right now, it doesnt make any difference to Mario.
Prices are good as always, delivery took only 1 week and the packaging was very precise and secure.
Communication was great as always, hes responding very fast no matter what time of the day it is.
To conclude i would buy again without any doubt.
Highly recommended.
Cognition
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2-8-2020 at 14:06

First time dealing with Mario and I can now highly recommend his service. With Covid-19 he said there may be some delays but I hardly noticed. Communication was excellent, payment easy in Bitcoin and the materials arrived well packaged. He seems to be able to supply just about any chemical requested. I will definitely order again.
Fyndium
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-8-2020 at 02:38

I must say I'm very happy. I was at first a bit skeptical as always, but all the feedback so far has matched the expectations. The communication was very fast and easy, payment was easy, shipping was fast and packaging was very professional, and also the prices were very competitive and he really seems to be able to supply all the specialty reagents.

I'm 100% positive I will order again.
Texium
Administrator
Thread Topped
7-8-2020 at 12:37
Planophore
Harmless

Mood: Red Alert

[*] posted on 14-8-2020 at 08:47

Excellent service from Mario. The communication was extremely quick, the prices competitive and shipping was fast. Couldn’t ask for anything more.

Would recommend to anyone looking for any reagent at all! It’s certain that he will be able to source it for you.

Will be sure to order again.
Tellurium
Hazard to Self

Mood: smelly

[*] posted on 20-8-2020 at 05:58

Excellent service as always! Goods arrived fast, best service possible!

freefire12
Harmless

[*] posted on 22-8-2020 at 15:36

Mario is a great source for reagents and has great communication. I would highly recommend his services.
earpain
Hazard to Others

thumbup.gif posted on 6-9-2020 at 03:41
First Order With Mario

Yes it's fun and educational to make your own reagents OTC. But sometimes there will be that one chemical, impossible to make, that keeps closing door, after door, after door of research and experimentation.

Mario: Oh my god you have made my day.

Most people with his resources and obvious strong fundamental grasp of chemistry, might just start an ebay store or take various traditional routes. Simply having the creativity to plant his seed of reputation on this forum, (and even BEING on this forum) tells me right away that he is both a smart businessman, but also a fellow colleague .

Actually, I want to take a moment so share my views on the whole experience and this thread, because, Mario, this will help your business! Trust me!

At First Glance

I really was concerned that this was an on going scam, the first time i skimmed this read from the start.

I'm not the only one:

Quote: Originally posted by Fyndium  
I must say I'm very happy. I was at first a bit skeptical as always, but all the feedback so far has matched the expectations.

There's several reviews where the person mentions an initial skeptical attitude.

Here , IMHO, is the reason why:

1. The reviews sound like shills. Page after page of perfect praise. This can sometimes be a red flag
2. Since I give him a 11 out of 10 on communication, we exchanged several messages. He is boastful. And the abilities he boasts of having, are indeed quite rare. But really, a general rule of thumb is that honest vendors are very modest, and scammers are very boastful.
Well if there ever was an exception, here it is
3. His communication is very intense, and can sometimes come across as antagonistic.

Please fellow forum members: allow me to share my interpretation, addressing those 3 points. Mario: Bear with me buddy! You need this.

1. To earn a trustworthy collection of reviews and reputation, especially on the internet, it's very important that people share the negatives as well as the positives. If no one has a single bad thing to say, strongly suggesting that negative criticism is being held back,
intelligent buyers, especially of the DIY and Self-Reliance mindset, will right away wonder "Hmm, not one bad thing has been said. Are the bad things THAT bad!?"

Thus, i'm doing my best to review anything negative about my experience, along with anything positive. Actually I've already listed all of it up top. This section's purpose to to address each of the 3 points, to explain the discrepancy.
2. Boastful, and a bit of attitude sometimes. I'd prefer not to share specifics, but since I assumed he is native to the place that he operates out of, and I was born and partially raised in the same region, just two countries over, I want to quickly explain an key cultural difference.
In western or American society, one expects 'service with a smile'. Or at least "the smile" suggests that the person is serious about whatever business they are soliciting, and that they value you as a customer.

In the country I'm from, hahah, this is not quite so.
Simple principle: 'Respect and Appreciation to Customers is shown through candor and warmth, instead of big smiles and huge grins

In fact, simply going to a food store I've had the person at the teller say things like "Wha tthe %%*&(^$ do you need tomatoes for!? Hurry up!"
Or a visit to the doctor complaining of a severe headache, might lead to the following response form the doctor: "Guess what? I got a headache too!"

Often times people unfamilliar with my culture, experience this or here of it, and feel offended. Were in fact, I would feel offended if people did NOT get snarky at times, after all, THEY ARE AT WORK. Nobody is happy at work.

Anyway this characterized only just one or two messages exchanged with Mario, and definitely my examples are caricatures.
Over all just exchanging a few emails I felt like I made a new friend. Also he rooting for my package just as much as I was. And I could tell this was sincere. Clearing customers in my country sent a tracking update, and he saw it and emailed me "GREAT NEWS!!" haha

He is genuine.

Final Take Away
EVERYTHING he boasted about, turns out, was 100% true. In those cases I see no problem with boasting! It's a convenience! And in this case, it did NOT indicate a scam.

Needless to say, the contents of my order, have been verified analytically before writing this. Absolutely authentic, and exactly as pure as he said i t would be(e.g. reagent grade but not analytical grade , etc.)

He worked very quickly, and It is clear that he has a diligent work ethic.

Mario: Sorry buddy! Trust me, reviews like mine will help you, especially in places like here.
-earpain

[Edited on 6-9-2020 by earpain]
Boffis
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-9-2020 at 09:44

Mmmm... I think some people are a little sensitive.

I have bought all sorts of interesting reagents from Mario without any problem, including may latest acquisition; 4-chlorophenol which arrived yesterday. I have always found communication to be fast and accurate and the reagents to be of excellant quality.

Yaahhhoooo- no more vacuum fractionation of chlorophenols.
Cou
National Hazard

[*] posted on 13-9-2020 at 19:20

I received 500 g of cyclohexanol from mario. I haven't yet tested boiling point, but it smells like camphor so it's likely the correct compound.

my youtube channel, organic chemistry videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0qzaRyHxLUOExwagKStYHw
Herr Haber
International Hazard

[*] posted on 15-9-2020 at 04:12

Quote: Originally posted by earpain  

1. To earn a trustworthy collection of reviews and reputation, especially on the internet, it's very important that people share the negatives as well as the positives. If no one has a single bad thing to say, strongly suggesting that negative criticism is being held back,
intelligent buyers, especially of the DIY and Self-Reliance mindset, will right away wonder "Hmm, not one bad thing has been said. Are the bad things THAT bad!?"

Okay then.
I've ordered several reagents from Mario over 2-3 orders.

If it wasnt for that last order more than one year ago I would have nothing but praise for Mario.

This is what happened:
I specifically asked Mario for a salt in cristal form having no desire whatsoever to play with loose and fluffy powder. I even used CAPITALS saying I did NOT want it in powder as I felt I was not equipped to handle it.

It arrived in powder form anyway... I dropped a line to Mario, saying that was not cool and then all Hell broke loose.

The nice guy that you guys describe in these pages and I've been used to was totally unhinged.
How I was an ingrate for not thanking him, that that would be my last order and even got flak for asking the concentration of another reagent !(He told me but being non standard / forgetting I asked again. Not out of doubt, but for my maths).
Getting so much shit for saying "not cool" was from another world...

To be honest, It was like having a conversation with a coke addict on a comedown.

Sure, when I pointed out my original U2U he saw he sent me exactly what I did not want, started to apologize and offered to add a huge chunk of sodium metal to my next order (about or above the value of the salt I could not use in the form it was provided). I did not need sodium at that time and told him so.

Now I need Mario's services again but I am unsure if I want to do business again with him. If you know you've screwed up, then dont "this is the last time we do business together" otherwise they'll think that since that relationship is over you're going to scam them.

Here is where I stand. Everyone has bad days, I get that: I do too.
But trust has been severely damaged after this experience and I am simply unsure about what do do.

The spirit of adventure was upon me. Having nitric acid and copper, I had only to learn what the words 'act upon' meant. - Ira Remsen
mario840
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 15-9-2020 at 05:06

Hello Herr Haber

I am also happy with this opinion because, like everyone else, you have the right to write what you think is right.

From what I remember, you ordered 2-3 items (last order), except this one product - the rest met your expectations.

Of course you got this product what you ordered only in a different form. I apologized for that - repeatedly. However, considering the very limited access to this reagent - I only had this one at my disposal. I tried to explain it and maybe it's strange for you I used the word "sorry" many times.

As for the question regarding the concentration of the second product - I wrote back if you want a certificate of analysis and if so, I will arrange it and send it to you. You replied that my word was enough. I don't see an answer like - and here I am quoting you "a coke addict on a comedown".

You can see for yourself what language you speak, after all, I responded culturally and to the point - I suggested sodium worth half / all of your reagent that did not meet your requirements as an ADDITION to your next order.

I didn't get a reply, so I assumed you'd enjoy it. If you replied that you do not need - I would send the one that is closest to your interests. You would choose this product yourself.

I believe my dialogue with you was impeccable, I treated and treat you with respect. As well, I made it clear that if I do not meet your requirements, I will not force you to do business with me and I wish you good luck in business with others.

Strange, I thought that the case from before the YEAR was over.

Of course, you are giving an example that you suspect something that didn't happen (I quote from your today's post: "If you know you've screwed up, then dont" this is the last time we do business together "otherwise they'll think that since that relationship is over you're going to scam them.")
I don't remember you ordering anything from then on, of course, would you place an order for 10 EUR or 100 EUR
it doesn't matter, you would get the reagent of your choice as FREE (word is word). So if you had proof that you were in fact cheated on your next order, you would have every right to write like that. Otherwise, your words (suspicions) do not reflect the facts.

If you were to "Now I need Mario's services again" you would just write U2U and we would definitely get along like we did before.

If you have any questions, feel free to write U2U, i hope we have made our views clear.
So thank you for your opinion anyway.
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

Mood: украї́нська

[*] posted on 15-9-2020 at 05:35

Proud of you both (Mario, Herr). No flames.

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

Tsjerk
International Hazard

Mood: Mood

[*] posted on 18-9-2020 at 07:12

Quote: Originally posted by earpain  

Mario: Bear with me buddy! You need this

No, he doesn't, he has five years of (almost only) positive reviews from dozens of customers.

To add one: Got my package, nice communication, nicely packed, overall: nice experience.
Raven1
Harmless

[*] posted on 2-10-2020 at 10:23

Ordered off Mario many times before and like always
Excellent communication .every effort made to secure reagents from breakage or damage when in transit and actual time it takes to arrive when posted is super fast
Im starting to think he uses black magic to help his parcels to arrive unbelievably quickly.
Seriously top man completely trust worthy.
Talks the talk and walks the walk
As they say!
Raven1
Harmless

[*] posted on 3-10-2020 at 12:36

Mario tryed sending message through sciencemadness
Messenging service half a dozen times to say
Thanks everything a.o.k but will not send
So posted this here
Apologies to everyone for using
The thread for a off topic,ish post
nsimic3000
Harmless

[*] posted on 9-10-2020 at 10:18

Got another package from Mario. Delivery time was under 6 days!
As always everything is well packaged, great quality, and the price was very affordable .
10/10.
Will definitely purchase again soon.
Cou
National Hazard

[*] posted on 15-10-2020 at 10:04

Just received 500 grams of phenol from mario, shipped to USA

Cou
National Hazard

[*] posted on 17-10-2020 at 11:19

We need more humans like mario840 in the world.

B(a)P
International Hazard

Mood: Festive

[*] posted on 22-10-2020 at 23:33

Hello fellow Australians (or anyone with general advice on the subject). I would like to make a purchase with Mario using Bitcoin and I would love a recommendation from someone on what platform to use and any advice you might have on the matter. I tried one platform, but it wouldn't accept my Australian driver's licence. Thanks in advance for any assistance!
njl
National Hazard

Mood: ambivalent

[*] posted on 23-10-2020 at 09:36

Coinbase should work in Australia. Other than that I know CashApp has a bitcoin feature that I've never used.
 Pages:  1  ..  7    9    11  ..  14

Go To Top