Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New Regulations at United Nuclear
jpsmith123
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 02:22
New Regulations at United Nuclear

http://www.unitednuclear.com/regulations.htm

Of course, in following a long-standing universal tradition, as the U.S. government gets more and more corrupt, the more it must crack down on freedoms of all kinds.

Whether it be limiting ballot access or otherwise disenfranchising potential third party challengers, or indiscriminately intercepting email and telephone communications, or merely preventing people from buying certain chemicals, you can't cling to power and try to run the whole world from a political system that allows even a pretense of "freedom".
The_Davster
A pnictogen

Mood: .

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 08:35

"3: Any fuel listed above with a particle size finer than 100 mesh"

:mad: Not much can be done without fine metal powders as fuels in pyrotechnics.
evil_lurker
National Hazard

Mood: On the wagon again.

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 09:48

Well there goes another source.... and I'm pretty sure that "rule" applies to other companies as well.

Its going to get to the point where eventually you will need a permit to buy anything chemical wise....

And worse, to aquire that permit you will have to give the government rights to search your residence at any time without a warrant.
The_Davster
A pnictogen

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 09:53

So I guess the moral is, stock up on what you can while it still exists. I wonder how soon it will be before Canada follow suit, we can still buy dark Al and such up here...but for how long? I should get some now. I will likely have to store away much of my lab when I go to grad school in a few years, and I just hope I can continue where I left off after:(.
MadHatter
International Hazard

Mood: Enjoying retirement

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 12:47
Regulations

I've seen no such regulations anywhere on the government websites ! This is being done
"voluntarily", IOW, you kiss our asses and suck our cocks now or you'll be doing it for your
fellow convicts in the Federal prison. These people, and the politicians who support them,
are doing an end-run around the Constitution to impose their pathetic policies in the name
of the war-on-drugs and the war-on-terror. All of them need to be tried, convicted, and
imprisoned for violating the civil rights of the American peope. As for politicians, I'd to
start with worthless, fucking, bitch, Dianne Feinstein !

[Edited on 2006/8/7 by MadHatter]

From opening of NCIS New Orleans - It goes a BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM ! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
mrjeffy321
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 13:50

Oh my goodness, what is this world coming to!
United Nuclear fought the good fight for a while, but now it appears to be over.

When did this [i.e. the announcement] just happen, today (8-7-06)?

[Edited on 8-8-2006 by mrjeffy321]
jpsmith123
National Hazard

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 14:49

What United Nuclear is doing apparently goes beyond what I've seen elsewhere.
IIRC, other places allow you to buy up to two lbs. of pyro grade powdered aluminum at a time. And now it's degenerated to the point where you can't buy any?
not_important
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 15:15

Madhatter, have you read this?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08...

sounds as you'll not need worry about them "doing end runs around the Constitution", they'll just cross out the annoying parts.
jpsmith123
National Hazard

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 15:38

After you've looked at that article, look at this one:

http://news.pacificnews.org/news/view_article.html?article_i...

Once the really large scale butchery of Arabs/Moslems begins in the Mid-East, with repercussions on U.S. soil, and people finally realize that the U.S. government does not represent them, and is not at all what they thought it was, there'll be a need for the police state infrastructure they're now setting up.
neutrino
International Hazard

Mood: oscillating

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 17:32

From the Washington Post article.

Quote:
Under the proposed procedures, defendants would lack rights to confront accusers, exclude hearsay accusations, or bar evidence obtained through rough or coercive interrogations. They would not be guaranteed a public or speedy trial and would lack the right to choose their military counsel, who in turn would not be guaranteed equal access to evidence held by prosecutors.

Detainees would also not be guaranteed the right to be present at their own trials, if their absence is deemed necessary to protect national security or individuals.

<b>Jesus. Fucking. Christ.</b>

We’re finished. The crackdown is now. (Those who frequent RS will understand.) If anyone still doubts that 1984 is coming, there's your proof.

If this goes through I will lose what little hope I have for democracy. I fear that I am not alone in this.

Quote:
The plan calls for commissions of five military officers appointed by the defense secretary to try defendants for any of 25 listed crimes. It gives the secretary the unilateral right to "specify other violations of the laws of war that may be tried by military commission." The secretary would be empowered to prescribe detailed procedures for carrying out the trials, including "modes of proof" and the use of hearsay evidence.

Unlike the international war crimes tribunals for Rwanda and the former Yugoslavia, the commissions could rely on hearsay as the basis for a conviction. Unlike routine military courts-martial, in which prosecutors must overcome several hurdles to use such evidence, the draft legislation would put the burden on the defense team to block its use.

The U.S. official countered that a military judge "would look hard" at the origins of such evidence and that defendants would have to count on "the trustworthiness of the system."

To secure a death penalty under the draft legislation, at least five jurors must agree, two fewer than under the administration's earlier plan. Courts-martial and federal civilian trials require that 12 jurors agree.

Torture, hearsay, and no chance to review the evidence or witnesses against you. It’s like the renaissance never happened. We are quickly going back to the dark ages, complete with witch hunts, torture confessions, and feudal kings. Add crooked cops and the new reign of terror is complete.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm scared. Practicing an unpopular hobby was originally a bad idea, but now it can get you killed.

jpsmith123
National Hazard

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 17:58

Exactly. Yet there are so many people in the U.S. who either don't (or won't) see it, or simply couldn't care less...not to mention the significant numbers that are all in favor of a police state and in fact demand it.

That last group is apparently well represented on this board, as the militaristic/imperialistic foreign policies they advocate can obviously only occur in the contextual background of a domestic police state.

Quote:
Originally posted by neutrino
From the Washington Post article.

We’re finished. The crackdown is now. (Those who frequent RS will understand.) If anyone still doubts that 1984 is coming, there's your proof.
The_Davster
A pnictogen

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 18:08

Its been a while since I have gotten these sort of chills down my spine.

Quote:
Originally posted by neutrino

If this goes through I will lose what little hope I have for democracy. I fear that I am not alone in this.

chemoleo
Biochemicus Energeticus

Mood: crystalline

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 18:15

The last of those chills I got was when I read PNAC, and found out about the 'need' for a catastrophic event to return America to military supremacy, massive defense spending, and simply the new american century.

Anyway, I think stocking is always a good idea if you have the space. I still have an unspecified (:P) quantity of a certain desherbant, which was purchasable 15 years ago, but has long since disappeared from the shelves. Glad I made that investment back in my youthful teens :P
Same goes for Al powder from arts stores.. it won't be too long I guarantee ya, and they will cease selling that. And unlike that desherbant, it can't be made with a bit of electricity and salt!

[Edited on 8-8-2006 by chemoleo]

Never Stop to Begin, and Never Begin to Stop...
Tolerance is good. But not with the intolerant! (Wilhelm Busch)
The_Davster
A pnictogen

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 18:20

And to add to my paranoia....roguesci is down...
jpsmith123
National Hazard

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 18:25

Speaking of a "catastrophic event", I hope I'm wrong, but I predict another "9/11", maybe in Israel this time.

If Syria and Iran continue to refuse to take the bait, and no other pretexts emerge, it seems they will need it.

Who knows, maybe one of the portable nukes that supposedly went missing from the defunct USSR will turn up somewhere, conveniently placed to cause mild to moderate damage.

Let's face it, the people pulling the strings here are literally capable of *anything*.
not_important
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 20:29

desherbant : des-herbant - weed killer?

jpsmith isn't alone in thinking there will be another 9/11. Robert Fisk, from another viewpoint worries

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/fisk/article1214522.ece

Other think it's time for another October Surprise

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/39798/#more

I know someone who had been in the intel game, but got out in the early `90s, who has a pretty believable analysis on how the "capture" of Saddam Hussein was such a planned out "surprise".

I suspect that if the US or Israel could fake a USSR flavoured nuke. There's nothing left of the hardware, you have to by isotope patterns and a few explosion characteristics; an existing nuke could likely be salted to resemble some other nation's methods.
ethan_c
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-8-2006 at 22:06

I'm buying a gun.
Nicodem
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 8-8-2006 at 04:10

I was about to post these citations in the "Can hallucinogens make you a political prisoner?" thread where the issue of jury nullification which I find quite interesting, came out. But since it is about the highest act of power given to an average USA citizen in the name of justice, and since the above posts demonstrate all this will be sooner or later taken away from them, I rather posted it here as an epitaph for the dying justice in USA. May it rest in peace!

cited from Jury Nullification
Quote:

It was normal procedure in the early days of our country to inform juries of their right to judge the law and the defendant.

Thomas Jefferson said, "I consider trial by jury as the only anchor yet imagined by man, by which a government can be held to the principles of its constitution."

Today no officer of the court is allowed to tell the jury of their veto power.

While no court has yet dared to deny that juries can "nullify" or "veto" a law, or can bring in a "general verdict", they have held that jurors need not be told about these rights!

Today thousands of harmless citizens are in prison only because their trial juries were not fully informed, and the U.S. now leads the world in percent of population behind bars! More prisons are being built than ever before for those whose "crime" effects no one but themselves.

…there is a human touch of the cultist “believer” in every theorist that he must struggle against as being unworthy of the scientist. Some of the greatest men of science have publicly repudiated a theory which earlier they hotly defended. In this lies their scientific temper, not in the scientific defense of the theory. - Weston La Barre (Ghost Dance, 1972)

Read the The ScienceMadness Guidelines!
The_Davster
A pnictogen

[*] posted on 8-8-2006 at 17:10

I mentioned a few of the above laws, to a sheep. Her response: "well that sort of thing is necessary when faced with terrorists everywhere":o

Then I mentioned some of the stuff about fallacities in the 'official' WTC explanation, especially about falling time, obvious explosions, etc.
"You should be careful what you are looking at on the internet"

Oh and the most hilarious: "There is no 'they', there are multiple political parties keeping each other in check, sure many people are upset with bush, but remember, the governent is the people"
:o
Swany
Hazard to Others

Mood: Sanguine

[*] posted on 8-8-2006 at 17:34

Well... s'pose its about that time, eh fellows?

If it is any compensation, many people will be stocking up on stuff, and I am sure one will still be able to find what is now contraband. First go the items associated with drugs, and now pyrotechnics. Firearms are another front that is being assulted likewise....

Shall we all put paper bags over our heads and await the end? Hah....ha.... :(

DeAdFX
Hazard to Others

Mood: @%&$ing hardcore baby

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 20:45

Quote:
Originally posted by rogue chemist
I mentioned a few of the above laws, to a sheep. Her response: "well that sort of thing is necessary when faced with terrorists everywhere":o

Then I mentioned some of the stuff about fallacities in the 'official' WTC explanation, especially about falling time, obvious explosions, etc.
"You should be careful what you are looking at on the internet"

Oh and the most hilarious: "There is no 'they', there are multiple political parties keeping each other in check, sure many people are upset with bush, but remember, the governent is the people"
:o

I can't believe someone who is not worth their weight in shit whould actually fear a "terrorist" attack against themselves. That said person is better off alive so that their is another willing person to give up their freedoms for nothing.

America has turned into a society of knee jerking. Oh look Johnny stabbed himself with a pair of scissors while running around the house we better ban scissors.

Go To Top