Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Where to buy cheap HDPE, PTFE and Amber Glass
Detonationology
Hazard to Others

Mood: Electrophillic

[*] posted on 20-10-2015 at 18:46
Where to buy cheap HDPE, PTFE and Amber Glass

I've been saving every #2 (HDPE) plastic bottle that has been used in my house in the past months. Most bottles originally contain 3% peroxide, IPA, vinegar, etc. These bottles are great for storing most liquid reagents and acids, but I wish to have some containers that I can store powdered solids in. I am also searching for a relatively cheap source of amber glass jugs to store HNO3. I doubt that I will find anywhere local that caries amber glass, but the HDPE seems pretty common. Does anyone know of any local or online supplier of good quality HDPE, PTFE or amber glass jugs?

“There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference.” ― William James
gdflp
Super Moderator

Mood: Staring at code

[*] posted on 20-10-2015 at 19:52

Local is relative to where you are located;)

If you want fully Teflon containers, be prepared for the price; it's not pretty(>$20-$30 per bottle). If you're in the US, I'm assuming you are, Specialty Bottle has great prices, but the shipping is a little steep. For storing solids, I would investigate the amber glass packers. They sell HDPE bottles for liquids as "natural plastic bottles", but I don't believe they sell a corresponding product in a wide mouth type for powders. For amber glass jugs and boston round bottles, I have found Glass Bottle Outlet to have the lowest prices.

Detonationology
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 20-10-2015 at 20:03

For the amber and Boston rounds, where do you purchase PTFE caps?

“There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference.” ― William James
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-10-2015 at 06:22

Believe it or not, Qorpak sells many bottles and caps on Amazon, at prices better than most lab suppliers. If you just search "Qorpak PTFE Amber" you will see many choices. But the best source does depend on if you want 20 ml or 4 L bottles. For smaller bottles, I have a few for sale, but they are readily available on the web. For larger ones, they can be harder to find (with PTFE lined caps) and more expensive, due to the shipping weight.
coca
Harmless

[*] posted on 23-10-2015 at 07:22
PTFE TUBE FOR OZONE

We produced ozone ptfe tube ,3*3.5 6*8 4*6 normally purcahse by our ozone supply . hope we can help you .

Best regards
coca
sales@ptfetube.co
www.ptfetube.co
Dongguan Suniu Electronics Co., Ltd
Steve_hi
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 23-10-2015 at 08:53

I got some 4l and 1l amber bottles from the chemistry lab in a local university they were just throwing them out. They were from sigma and they cost me nothing.
Upsilon
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 23-10-2015 at 12:36

Powdered solids? I use regular plastic bags (double-bagged) for most of my powdered solids. More expensive chemicals that I do not have as much of, I usually just keep them in their original packaging.
Detonationology
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 23-10-2015 at 12:55

I wish I could find some amber glass laying in the dump. I would prefer to keep my solids in an airtight container if possible to keep them from absorbing moisture. A mason jar would work for 95% of solids, but I have a feeling the metal lid and ring would not fair well against some things...

[Edited on 10-24-2015 by Detonationology]

Go To Top