Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: FIRE!!!!! A Warning
skip
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-11-2015 at 06:28

I tried to epoxy a condenser years ago, it held for awhile then broke. I wouldn't trust it, you may have another fire. I have also tried to epoxy the drip tube fro a vacuum adapter and that held awhile then came apart too.
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

Mood: украї́нська

[*] posted on 9-11-2015 at 06:47

used "marine grade" jb weld. alleged to be heat, moisture and chemical RESISTANT. Figure I'll reflux some acetone through it to test it.

OUTSIDE;

EXTINGUISHER HANDY;

WITH BOILING WATER OUT OF A TEAKETTLE FOR A HEAT SOURCE.

Allowing a full 24 hour cure on it too. Used regular jb weld on my partial plate with great success years sago, and saliva enzymes are hell on most adhesives.

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

careysub
International Hazard

Mood: Lowest quantum state

[*] posted on 9-11-2015 at 18:34

Quote: Originally posted by arkoma  
used "marine grade" jb weld. alleged to be heat, moisture and chemical RESISTANT. Figure I'll reflux some acetone through it to test it.

OUTSIDE;

EXTINGUISHER HANDY;

WITH BOILING WATER OUT OF A TEAKETTLE FOR A HEAT SOURCE.

Allowing a full 24 hour cure on it too. Used regular jb weld on my partial plate with great success years sago, and saliva enzymes are hell on most adhesives.

If you want temperature resistance you'd be better off with the regular JB Weld. Marine grade comes with no temperature rating. The regular JB Weld is rated to 550F however. The marine type is probably more chemical resistant however.

Epoxies in general are not highly temperature resistant, some require high temperature post cures to obtain temperature resistance, or use more exotic and costly formulations. If this is important always check the manufacturer's literature.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top