Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Fumigating a spider
Tabun
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 17-11-2015 at 11:44

The only thing I could think of when I saw your post was this thing I found in a book called "car bomb recognition guide"(no,there's no connection between what books I have and the username)

picture doesn't work...I don't know why,here's the link:

http://imgur.com/ZQ6O7T1

[Edited on 17-11-2015 by Tabun]
Tsjerk
International Hazard

Mood: Mood

[*] posted on 17-11-2015 at 12:44

Every time my arachnophobic flatmate calls me in to remove one, I "catch'' them, pretending I let them out the window. Apparently they are good in hiding as I never hear from them again.

Here in the south of Germany there is however a kind of small cockroach that normally lives outside and to which everyone seems to be used too... to me they still are disgusting and the first time I saw one in my room it didn't survive for that long.

[Edited on 17-11-2015 by Tsjerk]
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 17-11-2015 at 13:00

Several critters have met a sad end in the Chem Shed.

Flies, of course, generally by splatteration.

If they would agree to NOT land on my face, i'd happily let them live, but no, they got to do the Nose Dance as often as they can.

A large-ish spider somehow decided that a 250ml beaker of fairly concentrated sulphuric acid was a great place to try swimming.

When i found it in the morning, the joints had mostly dissolved, leaving a sad crime scene of disconnected leg parts and intact body floating on the acid surface.

I blame the single-parent mother.

She should not have eaten her life partner after having sex for the first time, and should have sent spider junior to university instead of 'hanging out' in a web and chilling all day, getting high on insects.

[Edited on 17-11-2015 by aga]

Camroc37
Hazard to Others

Mood: Must...Nitrate...EVERYTHING!

[*] posted on 17-11-2015 at 17:24

Quote: Originally posted by Upsilon  
So there's a large 1"-2" spider lurking somewhere in my car. Trying to look for it and kill it via mechanical means is likely nearly impossible given all of the tiny crawlspaces in the car. So, is there any kind of gas I can use to kill it via fumigation? The gas needs to be virtually odorless, relatively nontoxic to humans, and not able to damage leather, metals, or any other common material used in cars. Any suggestions?

Try Chlorine gas. It works nicely. Saccharin is also very effective.

Youtube channel is Camroc37.
I make chemistry videos.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpvdD2LIyXA34jvhPlUXorQ
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bot0nist
International Hazard

Mood: Streching my cotyledons.

[*] posted on 18-11-2015 at 09:16

Chlorine gas will destroy the inside of a car!
Even if your unlucky enough to get bitten by the spider, chances are you would be fine. Unless your in Australia, the risks of serious complications or death from a spider bite is highly exaggerated. There are very few species that pose a real mortal threat to humans, and even in those rare cases, the prognosis is usaully good. Look at the stats for spider bite deaths, compared to auto accidents. Driving your car, with or without a spider in it is much more likely to harm or kill you than a spider bite.

U.T.F.S.E. and learn the joys of autodidacticism!

Don't judge each day only by the harvest you reap, but also by the seeds you sow.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top