Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: megalomanias Site
nscheffield
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-11-2015 at 09:50
megalomanias Site

If anyone is interested have archived all of the megalomania site on a local drive. I am relatively new to the boards but not to chemistry. I was wondering if there is a good place to allow (semi) public access to the information. If there are any individuals who would like the data PM me and we can talk it out, i don't want to give information to those with bad intent, but i would like to allow access to individuals with Maturity and good intentions.

If this data is already publicly available please disregard this post, but to my knowledge the site was removed.
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 10-11-2015 at 13:23

Quote: Originally posted by nscheffield  
individuals with Maturity and good intentions.

Damn. There's always a catch with these things.

Can i have it so i can cross reference it on the CIA/NSA databases to ID the crazy nazis before they get anynone else killed ?

Well, you gotta ask.

szuko03
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 10-11-2015 at 13:32

...yeah I try to avoid people who organize things like that, this site has all of the chemistry stuff i would ever need and i can even ask people questions if i have a problem, how awesome is that? My main issue with stuff like that is a lot of it is done by someone who thinks too highly of themselves and thus has a lot of errors in their experimental design. I may have started with the anarchists cook book when i was a teenager but that was because i was a moron compared to who i am now.

I never heard of megalomania but it sounds like someone who has their head so far up their ass they are not open to criticism and thus are either out dated or wrong. That is just my take on it. I like this site too much as it has real people doing real chemistry unlike the more scholarly driven sites or a website such as you are suggesting.

Chemistry is a natural drive, not an interest.
zed
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-repentant Sith Lord

[*] posted on 10-11-2015 at 14:01

Bad intent? We are deluged by folks with bad intent. Leastwise, we assume they have bad intent.

Generally speaking, we figure 'em out pretty quick, and laugh at their awkward attempts to appear innocuous..

If you don't want certain dangerous information, spread far and wide, do what the folks here do. Don't disseminate it.

It's the old Pandora's box problem. Once you let the demons out, you cain't hardly expect to corral 'em back in again.
nscheffield
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 10:20

Thank you for your comments. I was a teen aged my self when I cataloged the website, and figured that id see what the general thoughts were about it. I do agree that this site (science madness) has all the infromation anyone could ever ask for and I realize that even though I had some hope in humanity the the fact is people will do what they want within information, good or bad intentions. For those who are unaware the site I catalogued was on the MIT servers (I think) but it has lots of synthesis instructions on energetic materials. I looked in to some of them and they seem lik. they used patent data to construct the site.
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 14:29

Weak.

Gimme the data or i'll stop your phone working.

No Skype. No Whatsapp, no texts. Silence.

(let's see if a Day with no working Phone steams 'im out)

nscheffield
Harmless

[*] posted on 12-11-2015 at 06:01

@ aga
I loose my phone for days at a time and it doesn't bother me at all, unlike most people around my age. So I could go a very long time with out any of those things. I don't even use skype or whatsapp.

I am known as Napalm to my friends, because once i stick you you, you cant get me to stop until i have talked your ear off (or burned it off, which is actually more likely)
Bert
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
12-11-2015 at 06:41

Go To Top