Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Perchlorates and Peroxides
blip
Hazard to Others

Mood: absorbed

[*] posted on 19-4-2003 at 13:27
Perchlorates and Peroxides

Last night I was mostly asleep when I thought about explosive oxidizers, particularly sodium perchlorate as it's easily produced by "kitchen chemists", then I began thinking of hydrogen peroxide and an idea popped up in my head. Would it be possible to make the perchlorate ion have peroxide ions attached to the chlorine ion rather than oxygen atoms? I know it would be unlikely that it would be very stable, but is it even possible? If it is feasable, how would one go about making it?
fogus
Harmless

Mood: hopeful

[*] posted on 23-10-2003 at 22:19

Not sure. It sounds possible but i might be mistaken. Sounds dangerous though. I have been having problems producing potassium perchlorate though. I use KCl and put as much as will disolve into a givin amount of water and electrolyze it for 5 days. (about 0.75 l of water). I use 3-5 V. I mixed my product (after drying and such) with hommemade alluminum pouder aaaand... my match went out. i am very dissapointed. i dont know what to try next. i know what doesnt work but that seems to be everything. Please help a lost sole.
thank you
blip
Hazard to Others

Mood: absorbed

[*] posted on 24-10-2003 at 12:30

Oh man, this was my first post. So embarrassing now. :( I was still taking chem when i wrote that, but I was curious about the chem side not necessarily the explosives use.

Go To Top