Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: jared ledgard at it again.
NeonPulse
Hazard to Others

Mood: Isolated from Reality! For Real this time....

[*] posted on 20-12-2015 at 01:16
jared ledgard at it again.

Whilst trawling ebay for bits and pieces as i sometimes do i came across this little gem:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Make-nitric-acid-and-learn-about-...
I thought that jared ledgards books were not really all that good and now he is seemingly trying to profit from preperations easily found for free elsewhere. Some of his suggestions in his explosive preperations "manual" were downright dangerous and some even quoted non existent patents too. im not willing to waste my money to find out how much of a waste of money buying this would be. $23.30 fro post considering he is only going to email you is a total ripoff in my opinion... Has anybody here bought this information?

Where there is a will
there is a way.

AllCheMystery!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWbbidIY4v57uczsl0Fgv7w?vie...
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

Mood: украї́нська

[*] posted on 20-12-2015 at 08:03

looks no different really than his other crap, which BTW is "free/rippable off" at libgen and bookzz. (they are still up, in spite of it all---GO PIRATES)

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

careysub
International Hazard

Mood: Lowest quantum state

[*] posted on 20-12-2015 at 08:25

Check out my comment on his chemical warfare agent book:
http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=30854

(Cut to the chase: the material is a mix of dangerous and laughable.)

[Edited on 20-12-2015 by careysub]
The_Davster
A pnictogen

Mood: .

[*] posted on 20-12-2015 at 09:34

Ledgard's writings are a business, not chemical information you actually want to use for a preparation. His books on energetics often contain enough reality that many of them would work, but mixed in are blatent mistakes that could seriously injure you. If he holds himself to the same quality as in his explosives books, this one is likely to be similar.

There is no information he offers that cannot be found in the depths of this forum.
IrC
International Hazard

Mood: Discovering

[*] posted on 23-12-2015 at 10:27

Has no one considered there is an agenda behind such books? If I were the establishment desiring to eliminate the crazy radicals I might have such books made in order to allow the Darwin award scenario to eliminate the troublemakers. Picture late 60's radical rabble rousing. Along comes the Anarchists Cookbook. I have no doubt that single title caused the self elimination of more evil wackos than all J Edgar Hoovers minions could ever dream of. But that's just me.

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" Richard Feynman
Marvin
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-12-2015 at 13:19

That's plausible but I remember when the guy was around forums turn of the millennium touting his books. He sounded like a fantasist. Thought that writing them before he went to university was a defence when errors were pointed out, and seemed convinced that the US government were about to give him a contract to supply the armed forces with his manuals. Most of the posts and most of the forums are gone now, I did look a few years ago.
IrC
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-12-2015 at 20:38

No doubt your right just as the author of the cookbook likely believed they understood and were knowledgeable in the subject they were writing. Yet I can picture some of those alphabet agencies seeing a way to use them for their goals. Something like secretly paying a publisher to print more copies of a book that had poor sales in order to saturate the lunatic fringe with the means of their own demise. If you knew how they think and operate it is not much of a stretch of the imagination. One way to validate the theory is to compare the little flak given to these two writers to that received by one who really did know what he was writing, such as the man living in Alpena, Arkansas.

The_Davster
A pnictogen

Mood: .

[*] posted on 26-12-2015 at 08:43

Quote: Originally posted by IrC  
such as the man living in Alpena, Arkansas.

Can you elaborate on this?
IrC
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-12-2015 at 10:34

Quote: Originally posted by The_Davster  

Don Sisco AKA Kurt Saxon

franklyn
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 26-12-2015 at 21:25

Quote: Originally posted by The_Davster  

Don Sisco AKA Kurt Saxon

The books on explosives were some of what he compiled. Many others were do it yourself survival preper craft. He lost much of one hand in a mishap.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GhcCtTCuME

www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2015/05/14/police-find-explosive...

[Edited on 27-12-2015 by franklyn]

Techniques to Disrupt, Deviate and Seize Control of an Internet Forum In case you wonder W T F ! is going on here ?
www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2012-10-28/cointelpro-techniques-dilution-misdirection-and-control-internet-forum https://web.archive.org/web/20120814124000/www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/08/the-15-rules-of-internet-disinformation.html
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
mayko
International Hazard

Mood: anomalous (Euclid class)

[*] posted on 27-12-2015 at 17:06

Can you be more specific about the flak that Saxon caught but Powell did not? I've poked around online and, besides garden-variety articles about the free speech implications of Saxon's books (Powell got plenty of this), the worst he faced was some low-intensity LE investigations after genuinely eyebrow-raising behavior on his part:

Quote:

According to Saxon, during the 1960s he sent brochures about The Militant's Formulary to "several thousand" police and fire chiefs. His stated purpose was that, as a result of several officers being killed by "improvised weaponry directed at them by radicals", police and fire departments could use the literature "to recognize improvised bombs and such and their common components". However, some of the recipients believed Saxon to be a radical, and sent letters stating this fact to the police in Saxon's hometown of Eureka, California. In response, the chief of the Eureka Police Department replied with letters assuring the others that Saxon was "on their side".[citation needed]

(note- the earliest publication date I've seen listed for the Militant's Formulary is 1971)

The most striking contrast I can see between Powell and Saxon is that the latter was provided with a privileged, influential platform, which he used to promote some rather nasty viewpoints:

Quote:

In August 1970, he appeared before a Senate Investigations subcommittee holding hearings on bombings and terrorism. According to newspaper accounts, he suggested police and "concerned citizens" use bombs to wipe out "leftists," and recommended that student demonstrators be machine-gunned in the streets.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Poor_Man%27s_James_Bond
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Saxon

al-khemie is not a terrorist organization
"Chemicals, chemicals... I need chemicals!" - George Hayduke
"Wubbalubba dub-dub!" - Rick Sanchez
IrC
International Hazard

[*] posted on 27-12-2015 at 19:48

Stories from him since I lived very close to his old residence in Alpena. According to him the visits were more frequent and annoying than those articles indicate. But he has been in a rest home unable to care for himself anymore for a few years now, so confirmation would be a little hard to get. You can assume he liked to exaggerate around the campfire or consider maybe the writers of those links don't know everything. In any case I don't know anyone who has been able to talk to him for some time now. When you get to his stage mere existence is difficult enough. Anyone in town you talk to would tell you he was nice and well liked by all and the occasional noises from his 'experiments' were not exactly unusual in this neck of the woods.

Go To Top