Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Best Websites to buy Chemistry Glassware, Equipment and Apparatus in Australia
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 10-2-2016 at 18:43

Is there a good OTC source of KOH in Aus?
It seems to be the sort of thing that should be fairly readily available but I don't know of anyone who supplies it.

diddi
National Hazard

Mood: Fluorescent

[*] posted on 10-2-2016 at 19:40

yes I can get you some :) jsum

Beginning construction of periodic table display
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 10-2-2016 at 21:00

Oh I already have some. But I love otc and was thinking about what to do after I had converted it all into metallic potassium.

ziqquratu
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-2-2016 at 14:28

In my experience, soap making suppliers are the best shot for decent grade KOH. If you have one close by, lucky you; a quick search turned up http://www.heirloombodycare.com.au/potassium-hydroxide, who apparently ship it via AusPost; I'm sure others would turn up with more careful searching.
JMus
Harmless

Mood: Seeing Colours

[*] posted on 17-2-2021 at 16:09

Quote: Originally posted by semesa  
I can vouch for sciencesupply. I've made several orders from them and never been unhappy with the purchase.

A few weeks ago I ordered a 1L separatory funnel and ring clamp. It arrived 4 days later but the end had broken off the funnel. I emailed them about it and offered to provide pictures, they said it wouldn't be necessary and a replacement arrived 4 days later.

Has anyone recently bought from them? I placed an order at the beginning of this month and have emailed then about the order and received no reply.
nleslie321
Hazard to Self

Mood: just right

[*] posted on 17-3-2021 at 10:03

Quote: Originally posted by JMus  
Quote: Originally posted by semesa  
I can vouch for sciencesupply. I've made several orders from them and never been unhappy with the purchase.

A few weeks ago I ordered a 1L separatory funnel and ring clamp. It arrived 4 days later but the end had broken off the funnel. I emailed them about it and offered to provide pictures, they said it wouldn't be necessary and a replacement arrived 4 days later.

Has anyone recently bought from them? I placed an order at the beginning of this month and have emailed then about the order and received no reply.

The owner sold the business last year. i was on a first name basis with him and he did me good deals. Ive not bought anything since he sold it.
Lion850
National Hazard

Mood: Great

[*] posted on 17-3-2021 at 10:38

Science Essentials in Brisbane sells to hobbyists but I only ever go to pick up. Peter is the contact. Most of my glassware and others were ordered on eBay, usually from Aussie stocked suppliers but some from China. So far everything arrived in good condition.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top