Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: What's the story with the Flint water?
feacetech
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 26-1-2016 at 18:56

Quote: Originally posted by chemrox  
Have you tried evaporating the water to see what mass is left and compared that to the residue from the input water? A good analytical balance would be key.

Or you could use conductivity to estimate TDS I have compared the two methods before in cooling water and found them to line up almost exactly
neptunium
National Hazard

[*] posted on 26-1-2016 at 20:14

Quote: Originally posted by chemrox  
Quote: Originally posted by neptunium  
How about strong radioactive source exposure? Depending on the source it requires a one time purchase and a lifetime of fun without any chemicals added to the water...
God knows there is plenty of powerful source going around. For a modest increase on the electric bill, you could use Xrays as well! No need for source removal at all!!
I corrected your spelling for you.. I realize the spell checker here is a little light on vocabulary but still...
so do you mean transmutation of Pb to Au? I believe the expense would be horrendous and not available using x-ray machines.

Yes thanks I am not writing from home and this tablet is awkward .
No I meant a strong radioactive source externally mounted in the context of the bio sterilization conversation we were having.not the lead contamination. In order to bypass the use of harsh chemicals. I know UV usually do the trick I was just pushing the envelope a little with more ionizing radiation.
Nothing to do with transmutation . getting rid of the lead was not the subject.thanks for clarifying

[Edited on 27-1-2016 by neptunium]

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top