Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Well shit
Hawkguy
Hazard to Others

Mood: Body is Ready

[*] posted on 27-1-2016 at 08:50
Well shit

Woke up this morning, and left for class. When I walked outside, there were three Hazmat trucks of various shapes and sizes just down the street. One Firetrucky one, one moving truckish one, and one that was straight from fucking ghostbusters. If anything happens, I'll post it. If nothing happens, it means that it hasn't happened yet.

How prepared am I? The place is relatively clean, except for 2 ish grams of ETN and about 5 of Picric Acid.
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 27-1-2016 at 09:33

Quote:
How prepared am I? The place is relatively clean, except for 2 ish grams of ETN and about 5 of Picric Acid.

Jeeez! Yeah, (the utter shame of it?:() with those tiny amounts you're totally unprepared ─ can't you get someone to help you out with a few kilos of ammonium nitrate, some nitro, RDX and several grams of the various primaries? :D

aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 27-1-2016 at 12:25

LOL !

Alternatively have a Great Day Party when you get home, with fireworks to mask the controlled destruction of those substances.

If you Do get busted, later suggest that the Fourth vehicle should be a Burger van with a sound system, beer, lights etc so small qtys from clearly non-drug/non-terrorist labs can be 'rendered safe' (destroyed) on-site in the same way, with a good time had by all, without all that tedious and time-consuming paperwork.

Loptr
International Hazard

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 27-1-2016 at 12:52

Good luck! I hope this turned out to be just a paranoid moment.
Detonationology
Hazard to Others

Mood: Electrophillic

[*] posted on 27-1-2016 at 13:06

Quote: Originally posted by Hawkguy  
If anything happens, I'll post it. If nothing happens, it means that it hasn't happened yet.

I don't know if that is exactly true... I don't believe that if they suspected one of being a bomb making terrorist that they would allow one use their phone or computer during that time.

Good luck though man.

“There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference.” ― William James
UC235
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 27-1-2016 at 13:06

If they did show up for you, I'm going to assume this has everything to do with stench from thioacetone.
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 27-1-2016 at 13:22

Seriously Hawkguy, I hope they've gone and left you in peace, by now.

I'd've been paranoid, too . . .

aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 27-1-2016 at 13:31

Quote: Originally posted by Detonationology  
I don't know if that is exactly true...

Probably isn't true at all.

hissingnoise's comment on it is hilarious !

chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 27-1-2016 at 13:49

I was visiting a friend one summer evening and found her block cordoned off with the hazmat boys, several of whom I knew from environmental business, and cops all over the place. Guys in hazmat costumes complete with respirators were bringing out bottles of red liquid. Small bottles; canning type. I assumed it was PCP from the color but it turned out to be an amphetamine bust. I guess they were using I2/P to make HI of sufficient strength to do the benzillic OH reduction. I don't know much about this reduction except what I read in Marsh. If anyone reading this knows an academic ref for the method I'd like to read it to find other more legitimate applications of the technique. Not that I feel reducing cold medicine is not legit but I don't have a use for it.

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 27-1-2016 at 14:16

Those overdue library books will get you every time.
phlogiston
International Hazard

Mood: pyrophoric

[*] posted on 27-1-2016 at 15:39

You may have a shared interest with one of your neighbours. Too bad the cops found out before you did, you could have had an enjoyable time together in the lab.

-----
"If a rocket goes up, who cares where it comes down, that's not my concern said Wernher von Braun" - Tom Lehrer
Hawkguy
Hazard to Others

Mood: Body is Ready

[*] posted on 27-1-2016 at 15:43

Theyre still in the area, but left my street once I got home. Kinda weird, but I'll have to assume they were here for another reason, or that they arent going to strike today. Id prefer the first option, but still not taking risks with the cleaning out of my garage.
Thanks for the luck guys BTW.

Go To Top