Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: More books online
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 22-4-2003 at 20:04
More books online

After reviewing the relevant copyright law to make sure I'm in the clear, I have permanently added Some aspects of the chemistry and toxic action of organic compounds containing phosphorus and fluorine to my page at http://bcis.pacificu.edu/~polverone/.

In addition, I have added The war gases: chemistry and analysis and The Chemistry of Powder and Explosives. I can't claim credit for their scanning, but I can liberate them from the dank dungeons of FTP sites. They are both old enough to be in the public domain. In addition, I have applied OCR and JBIG2 compression, so they should be more compact and more useful than what you'll currently find on the FTP.

If you're wondering when my long-promised dye chemistry book will appear, don't worry. It has all been scanned for some time now. But it requires more of my time to finalize and put on the web than these three books did, because they were already cleanly scanned. I still have cleanup work to do on the dyes.
Haggis
Hazard to Others

Mood: Lacrymating

[*] posted on 22-4-2003 at 20:09

Hasn't it been up for a day or two? I swear I downloaded it yesterday or the day before. Good stuff though, I wish I had the supplies to be able to scan books like that.

(I was talking about 'Some aspects of the chemistry and toxic action of organic compounds containing phosphorus and fluorine' not the others)

[Edited on 23-4-2003 by Haggis]
Polverone

[*] posted on 22-4-2003 at 20:13
yes

I put the organophosphorus book up a few days ago, but hadn't made an announcement. The two others were just added.
trinitrotoluene
Hazard to Others

Mood: paranoid

[*] posted on 24-4-2003 at 13:14

I had also tried to download but I ended up with a bunch of errors. My computers pretty messed up.

TNT
AngelEyes
Hazard to Others

Mood: Better than it used to be.

[*] posted on 28-4-2003 at 01:11

I successfully downloaded Chemistry of Powder and Explosives. I had not seen this work before, heard of it though, and spent a good deal of the weekend leafing through it. There's some good info there, some of it a little heavy going for me, but informative never-the-less.

Cheers Polverone.
rift14
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-12-2004 at 22:25

I can't d/l "Chemistry of Powder and Explosives" from polverones site, it comes up with an error message
Polverone

[*] posted on 4-12-2004 at 10:07

I have mentioned elsewhere that the site is unavailable right now, but should be back to normal in the coming weeks.

PGP Key and corresponding e-mail address

Go To Top