Printable Version  
Author: Subject: carbon nitrogen polymer
localbroadcast
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 29-2-2016 at 06:51
carbon nitrogen polymer

Hello!
I've been trying to develop some type of super capacitor, most likely using graphene or a graphene alloy of some sort within it. I came across a youtube video .. here's link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l3CAKJemb4

suggesting a capacitor with an ionic liquid electrolyte called BMPDCA (1-butyl-1-methylpyrrolidinium dicyanamide. Claims of voltage between 4-10v which is outstanding.

From what I can read as the journal for this capacitor is briefly flipped over infront of the camera, the carbon based electrodes are passivated in the ionic liquid, which causes a dielectric layer of DCA polymer to form on the electrode surface.

My question is this... Can the full paper be found anywhere, because I don't wanna pay 50$ for it or whatever it costs, and 2: does anyone know a method or source for the ionic liquid? (home chemist with a fair bit of glass)
again, the ionic liquid is bmp (1-butyl-1-methylpyrrolidinium) with a dca (dicyanamide) anion.

Hope someone has a clue!
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

Mood: Bis-diazo-dinitro-hydroquinonic

[*] posted on 29-2-2016 at 06:55

For your document request, maybe ask in the "Reference" section of the forum...

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
Nicodem
Super Moderator
Thread Moved
29-2-2016 at 09:41
Nicodem
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 29-2-2016 at 09:44

1-Butyl-1-methylpyrrolidinium dicyanamide is available commercially.

Please limit article requests only in the Reference section.

…there is a human touch of the cultist “believer” in every theorist that he must struggle against as being unworthy of the scientist. Some of the greatest men of science have publicly repudiated a theory which earlier they hotly defended. In this lies their scientific temper, not in the scientific defense of the theory. - Weston La Barre (Ghost Dance, 1972)

Read the The ScienceMadness Guidelines!
localbroadcast
Harmless

[*] posted on 4-3-2016 at 06:34

sorry its been a long time since posting in this forum at all. my appologies. When you say it is commercially available.. Do you mean that it is available through chemical suppliers, or do you mean it is available in some type of over the counter solution, like a dish washing detergent or hair gel. I ask because the price difference is astonishing between the two sources for certain reagents.

That is why I am asking of a known otc friendly synth method.. Of course I could buy the stuff if I wanted to, but that's no fun for anybody! If I have to pay retail for everything, im never gonna reach the 20000 jigawatt barrier.
IrC
International Hazard

Mood: Discovering

[*] posted on 5-3-2016 at 23:43

http://www.emdmillipore.com/US/en/product/1-Butyl-1-methylpy...

$147 for 25 gm.

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" Richard Feynman
Texium
Administrator
Thread Moved
22-11-2023 at 20:08

Go To Top