Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Mysterious chinese glassware sellers
Chemiston
Harmless

Mood: basic like ammonia

[*] posted on 29-5-2016 at 02:32
Mysterious chinese glassware sellers

First of all, I wish no one bust me all over saying there is similar posts, cuz i have scooped the threads but still not satisfied with the result, so i decided to start a new topic.

So i have been looking for glassware in ebay and amazon and found that original ones like pyrex are expensively price tagged, where on the other side you find numerous chinese glassware sellers getting their price at a normal level (cheap:D) so i thought maybe they sell loads of crap with pictures of glassware, specially that there products are seldom rated and never reviewed to an extent, so before going shopping those glassware i decided to ask you about any personal experience , specially these stores : nanshin sales, sam10086,deschem ,reacware and laboy

Also one product i find interesting
http://www.amazon.com/NANSHIN-Glassware-Advanced-Chemistry-g...

For a fellow amateur chemist
Regards...
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

Mood: украї́нська

[*] posted on 29-5-2016 at 08:26

Didja even bother to look at user feedback on eBay? And you have NOT UTFSE here either. I have had personal (very positive) experience with both sam100086 and deschem, and posted HERE about it.:(

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

highpower48
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 29-5-2016 at 09:54

Reacware and descent has been talked about on here. Both are reliable sellers of glassware. I have used both and never had an issue.
Chemiston
Harmless

Mood: basic like ammonia

[*] posted on 29-5-2016 at 12:16

My main point here is nanshin sales , any idea pleeese ,thx
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 29-5-2016 at 15:01

Start with a low-value item to limit the Risk if you canot afford to lose.

arkoma's suggestion of 'deschem' i can confirm is good.

'ben0315' is also good.

Just buy some stuff.

We did, and those sellers turned out OK (more than just OK in a couple of purchases).

arkoma
Redneck Overlord

Mood: украї́нська

[*] posted on 29-5-2016 at 15:04

way more than OK. Good stuff, good value, quick warranty service.

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 30-5-2016 at 01:27

nanshin is reaceare.
the same paypal account is used for both.
there might be some difference in quality: it is possible that nanshin is seconds stock. I have purchased lots fom reacware and can highly recommend.
I have never had any issues with deschem either.

Maker
Harmless

[*] posted on 30-5-2016 at 07:57

I got a Graham condenser from cskwin for less than £10 a few months ago. I've yet to see how well it works but it was very well packaged and arrived in one piece.

I got it before I knew how pointless graham condensers are, but at least I got to see what kind of quality their stuff is before I buy a load more.
Duster
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 31-5-2016 at 03:34

I don't post a lot but wanted to add that eagle lab glass is a great company. I actually ordered a custom condenser from them (a 1000mm graham) and it was under $200 (I can post the emails and pics of it if you'd like). Not as cheap as an eBay seller no doubt but for US made with very personal service, I can't say enough good things. This is on top of the fact they have no problem dealing with hobbyists.

Duster
BILLBUILDS
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 4-6-2016 at 21:44

i can personally confirm that nanshin sales has an excellent service and the glassware i have purchaced from his i have had no problems with. the chinese are cheap but they deliver and and problems are always sorted
Cuban_Pete
Temporarily banned from posting

[*] posted on 18-6-2017 at 21:41

This thread is a bit old but since it is specifically about Nanshin glass i will relate what just happened to me. I ordered $300+ worth of glassware (after getting a great deal on them for a $25 PE Funnel) I am not sure about the rest of the stuff (the still heads, etc.) But every flask they sent me arrived not only used but dirty. (There is what looks like hard water stains in the bottom of each flask, and there are coloured flakes of what i assume are metal oxides in the 500ml 3-Neck.) The seller had been every attentive. When i explained to him that the flasks were used and that i was producing essentual oils and that i absolutely couldn't use second hand labware for this, he insisted that it was impossible for the stuff to be used since they are a glassblowing factory not a laboratory.

When the final parcel arrived Monday, i emailed him again to inform him that the thermometer was missing and one of the Erlenmeyer flasks arrived broken. The white writing on the Erlenmeyers is badly smeared as if these were also used and then soaked in a strong solvent. I haven't heard from them since. (The ebay term is "The Seller went silent" ;-)

The custom glassware i ordered was new and in nothing like the condition of the dirty flasks i received. Has anyone else bought stuff from Nanshin and have it arrive dirty or with circular hard water stains? (It is pretty obvious that at the very least someone tried to clean the flask with tap water and then let the flasks dry "neck up". The custom glassware (a 3L biomass flask) was brand new but not very high quality. (A bubble in the glass, rivulets of glass running up and down the joints.)

I think what is happening is that Nanshing getting broken glassware, repairing it and then selling it as "new" on ebay without bothering to clean it!

I am curious because people here say Nanshin has a better rep than Deschem on Ebay?

[Edited on 2017-6-19 by Cuban_Pete]

JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-6-2017 at 21:49

It's not uncommon for mail order glassware to arrive dirty from various sources.... Nanshin is generally awesome. I highly doubt they are selling you used glassware.

Cuban_Pete

[*] posted on 18-6-2017 at 21:51

Thank you JJay,

I honestly appreciate your reassurance, but how can dirty glassware not be used? Why would they have let water dry and stain a new flask?
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-6-2017 at 22:06

I don't know... it could be that the glassware sat in storage and got dusty.

alking
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 19-6-2017 at 09:04

That's my guess. I've used nashin before without issue, but I have received some flasks that were wet or had some water stains, not a lot, but occasionally. I've also received some that obviously had dust in them and I had to wash them out. I strongly suspect they simply rinsed them out, I can't imagine they're actually used or broken and repaired. Think about how cheap it is for them to make this stuff, the glass is practically free, repairing a broken flask or cleaning and repairing one might possibly cost them more than simply making a new one.
PirateDocBrown
National Hazard

[*] posted on 19-6-2017 at 10:34

I have had 2 orders from Nanshin, one was a complete fractional distillation set, and the other a large fritted funnel, a thermometer well, and large 2 neck flask. Both orders arrived clean, unflawed, unbroken, and apparently new. I'm entirely satisfied.

I also got a flask from Laboy, with similar satisfaction.
Praxichys
International Hazard

Mood: Coprecipitated

[*] posted on 19-6-2017 at 11:09

The water spots you are seeing is residue from the flush coolant used when they grind the joint tapers with a diamond tool.

Cuban_Pete

[*] posted on 26-6-2017 at 11:22

Hi,

Thanks for all your replies. Praxichys convinced me that these water marks are normal. However the red and black flakes inside and on the 500ml three neck still leave me a bit leery.

In summary so far, I wrote a letter to Nanshin on ebay saying that i thought the flasks may have been used. I also wrote that the thermometer included in the Organic Chem kit was not in the package and that one of the Erlenmeyers was broken. I haven't heard from Nanshin in about a week. I recently wrote them a letter saying that others (praxichys) have convinced me the water stains are normal but we still need to resolve the issue of the broken erlenmeyer and missing thermometer. I still haven't heard from him. I want to make clear that the shipping damage was NOT Nanshins fault. The postal agent, upon inspecting the unopened but severely damaged box also said that box was properly packed and shipped. She opined that the box had been subject to forces greater than would be expected had it been dropped from a 6' height. I communicated this to nanshin and made it clear this was NOT their fault (and sent him pictures of the damage.)

However i have not heard back from Nanshin. (He simply went silent.) In all fairness i did read of a similiar experience with Deschem on ebay. It seems if there is any problem with these sellers, the seller will simply "go silent". Just a heads up. Thank you all again for your replies.
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-6-2017 at 11:47

Since you made it clear that it's not Nanshin's fault that your glass is broken, he probably thinks you don't want a refund. Nanshin is an honorable seller; if your glass is broken, ask for a refund.

Cuban_Pete

[*] posted on 26-6-2017 at 15:59

Thank you for your reply JJay,

I am a bit confused, i made clear the BROKEN erlenmeyer was not his fault. (Although Nanshin guarantees against shipping damage). I don't see how he could have interpreted the fact that they forgot to pack a thermometer as not being his fault. As far as his not thinking i wanted a refund, this is the ending of the letter i wrote Nanshin:

"...but perhaps on my next order with you, you could agree to throw in a thermometer (it simply didn't get packed) and an erlenmeyer. Please find attached photos of the damage."

SOME reply might have been in order. I am more than willing to admit there is a HUGE language barrier in our midst. Nanshin also offered me a 15% discount if i avoided Ebay and ordered from him directly. I would advise people in this group not to do so with unknown sellers as you lose any recourse that way. Again just a heads up.

JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-6-2017 at 17:11

You singled out Nanshin specifically with the aim of undermining their good reputation. You are an unknown member and the experience you claim to have had doesn't match the experiences that I personally and others have had. Just pointing out the facts.

Cuban_Pete

[*] posted on 26-6-2017 at 18:01

Dear JJay,

I did not "single out" Nanshin. Nanshin is the first and only seller i have used on ebay Deschem also has an excellent reputation and also has a similar experience described regarding them on ebay. (As i mentioned in a previous post. So in fact, your accusation that i am singling out Nanshin was proven false BEFORE you made it.) Please allow me to quote myself:

"However i have not heard back from Nanshin. (He simply went silent.) In all fairness i did read of a similiar experience with Deschem on ebay. It seems if there is any problem with these sellers, the seller will simply "go silent". Just a heads up. Thank you all again for your replies."

You also claimed that i never asked them for a refund, a false statement that you couldn't possibly have any idea as to whether or not it was true. (Unless you 've been monitering my ebay emails?) I think the fact that you are resorting to falsehoods and personal attacks ("you are an unknown member blah blah") undermines their reputation more than i am by simply stating facts.

thanks
peter

JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-6-2017 at 19:33

Quote: Originally posted by Cuban_Pete  
This thread is a bit old but since it is specifically about Nanshin glass i will relate what just happened to me.

Quote: Originally posted by Cuban_Pete  

I did not "single out" Nanshin.

I see little reason to argue about this, and your anger is not really necessary. People are much better off buying from Nanshin than, for example, Yee Chen. I personally prefer buying from Nanshin over Deschem.

Cuban_Pete

[*] posted on 26-6-2017 at 21:14

Huh JJ?

Excuse me, but if you see no reason to argue, why are you slamming me with personal attacks? You were caught outright lying TWICE and now you are accusing me of being angry? Do you think every time someone catches you lying that means they are angry?

That is even more absurd than your statement that i had not asked Nanshin for recompense. You had no way of knowing whether or not i had asked Nanshin for recompense yet you blatantly posted otherwise. (In fact i had) You have no way of knowing my emotional state, in fact i am laughing at your childish trolling. You accused me of singling out Nanshin, i quoted myself where i stated that the very same thing happened with Deschem.

If your childish trolling was an attempt to make me angry, you failed. If the purpose of your childish behaviour was to make me leave this forum in disgust, you succeeded.

Oh wait, i see now YOU ARE angry because you were proven a liar and you are trying to reflect it on me! Why don't you just admit you were caught lying and grow up?

Frankly, If this place is so poorly moderated that you can troll here, then my talents are better spent elsewhere. You antics may work on making your parents angry, normal adults merely turn their noses up at you. I am not angry i am disgusted. You need to learn to tell the difference between myself and your mommy! :-)

good bye
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-6-2017 at 22:12

I don't even really know what to say - this guy is irrationally paranoid and accusatory, and he lacks manners.

Pages:  1  

Go To Top