Printable Version  
Author: Subject: can i make red phosphorus using this methid
BILLBUILDS
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-6-2016 at 21:32
can i make red phosphorus using this methid

im trying to make red phosphorus.

ive bought a but load of matcheds and after half hour of toiling away scraping i was i was hoping to put them in a blender with a solvent which would dissolve the RP, straining it and then evaporating the solvent.

what would you think
Orenousername
Hazard to Self

Mood: Regulated

[*] posted on 4-6-2016 at 22:07

You can use CS2, but good luck acquiring that if you can't acquire phosphorus. Or you could try making CS2, but it's quite toxic and extremely flammable. Maybe phosphorus would be soluble in liquid/supercritical CO2? These are very powerful solvents though and will probably dissolve a significant amount of organic matter as well.

[Edit] Actually, a quick U of TFSE brings this thread up: http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=10926

So, nope. Cannot be is doed.

[Edited on 6-5-2016 by Orenousername]

Lol nerds
BILLBUILDS
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 5-6-2016 at 12:22

but will the peices of wood float to the top and the phosphorus stay in the liquid? it would be quick in effective and save the hassle of scraping it of the matches one by one
BromicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Rock n' Roll

[*] posted on 5-6-2016 at 13:25

Are you talking about match heads? AFAIK match heads have not contained phosphorus in many many many years.

Shamelessly plugging my attempts at writing fiction: http://www.robvincent.org
Orenousername
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 5-6-2016 at 14:55

Quote: Originally posted by BromicAcid  
Are you talking about match heads? AFAIK match heads have not contained phosphorus in many many many years.

I believe they used to use white phosphorus.. I think the striking surfaces are red phosphorus though.

https://www.erowid.org/archive/rhodium/chemistry/rpbible.htm...

Lol nerds
ficolas
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 5-6-2016 at 15:46

Matches used to contain white phosphorus, and you could light them by striking in any kind of surface, now they only contain red phosphorus in the striking surfaces.
I think some not so developed countries use white phosphorus matches, and some strike anywhere matches sold in developed countries still contain white phosphorus, however I may be wrong in this.
pepe
Harmless

Mood: REEEEEEE

[*] posted on 5-6-2016 at 16:19

As stated above match heads do not contain RP. It is the striker these days. One method of obtaining it would be to cut the strikers off and soak them in a solvent (naptha should work) and just scrape the RP off. You can leave the RP right in the solvent until it evaps.

Why do you need RP?
BILLBUILDS
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 5-6-2016 at 17:16

darn. i boiled the 36 boxes of matches and it removes the red part (if its RP i donjt know) ive boiled it down and waiting for my vacumme filtration equipment arrives. can anyone confirm for sure that theres no phosphorus as dad said there was. i dont want to use some other random chemical and mess up my reaction.

there was definatly iron in the striker as there was a heavy black sand residue in the base of the sausepan and everything i read has said there is phosphorus on the match head and just use the striker for friction.

is there a test i can do to test is its RP or not?
pepe
Harmless

Mood: REEEEEEE

[*] posted on 5-6-2016 at 17:25

Match heads are Potassium Chlorate, sulfer and fillers and glass powder. The striker contains Red Phosphorus, binder and powdered glass. This was discovered from a simple google search.

I can gurrentee the match heads contain no RP and you just wasted 36 boxes of matches. Luckilly so long as you didnt toss the strikers you can still get what you need. I did find these interesting links that might help you out:
http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=2142
http://williestop.tripod.com/generalchemdata/redphosphorus.h...

[Edited on 6-6-2016 by pepe]
Orenousername
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 5-6-2016 at 17:29

Quote: Originally posted by BILLBUILDS  
darn. i boiled the 36 boxes of matches and it removes the red part (if its RP i donjt know) ive boiled it down and waiting for my vacumme filtration equipment arrives. can anyone confirm for sure that theres no phosphorus as dad said there was. i dont want to use some other random chemical and mess up my reaction.

there was definatly iron in the striker as there was a heavy black sand residue in the base of the sausepan and everything i read has said there is phosphorus on the match head and just use the striker for friction.

is there a test i can do to test is its RP or not?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphorus

Try skimming through this a bit.
I would try heating it to 250C in the absence of oxygen and see if it turns white and pyrophoric

Lol nerds
BILLBUILDS
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 5-6-2016 at 22:22

ive descided to take three method and scraped the striker pads from 100 boxes of matches but yet to purify and im going to order hydroiodic acid from china aswell
morganbw
National Hazard

[*] posted on 6-6-2016 at 05:10

Quote: Originally posted by BILLBUILDS  
ive descided to take three method and scraped the striker pads from 100 boxes of matches but yet to purify and im going to order hydroiodic acid from china aswell

Be very careful what chemicals you order.
Perhaps grow your experience, learn a bit more, question yourself as to if you really need watched chemicals, etc.....

Where I live at, either of the two chemicals you mentioned, could put me in a serious legal quandary.

You will of course have to decide what you are going to do, I am only advising you to think it through.
Praxichys
International Hazard

Mood: Coprecipitated

[*] posted on 6-6-2016 at 05:20
Shady

1. Interested in getting phosphorus from match heads
2. Has interest in "cleaving" compounds containing 3,4-dihydroxybenzyl and methylenedioxybenzyl moieties
3. Wants to order HI
4. Wants feedback from chemical suppliers

Someone's fishing for routes to MDMA.

[Edited on 6-6-2016 by Praxichys]

ficolas
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 6-6-2016 at 05:41

Edit: removed the whole post, not giving info to drug makers.
I didnt see your other post untill praxys mentioned it, this forum catched you, police will probably catch you to, dont even try.
Ps: methylenedioxybenzyl molecule diagram is do cute, for some reason when I see a small smile draws on my face, ever since I saw MDMA molecule diagram :D

[Edited on 6-6-2016 by ficolas]
Orenousername
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 6-6-2016 at 05:56

If he really wants to make drugs he's going to try regardless of his own ability.. I think it may be better to prevent him from ingesting potentially lethal substances and/or distributing them personally.

Lol nerds

Go To Top