Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: TETRYL
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

Mood: Bis-diazo-dinitro-hydroquinonic

[*] posted on 15-4-2016 at 05:00

Quote: Originally posted by PHILOU Zrealone  
Does someone here have infos on the following molecules somehow related to Tetryl?
I wasn't able to find those.

They stil must display interesting properties high densities and VOD but also, probably higher sensitivity to shock than Tetryl...

[bad img]http://imageshack.us/a/img221/1237/tetryl.jpg[/bad img]

1)Tetryl = 1-nitraminomethyl-2,4,6-trinitrobenzene
2) 1,3-bis-nitraminomethyl-2,4,6-trinitrobenzene
3) 1,3,5-tris-nitraminomethyl-2,4,6-trinitrobenzene
4) 1,3,5-tris-nitraminomethyl-2,4,6-triazine
5)?
6)?

For an unknown reason my picture has dissapeared from previous 2012 post.
So I post it again here.

tetryl.jpg - 98kB

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

Mood: Bis-diazo-dinitro-hydroquinonic

[*] posted on 15-4-2016 at 08:14

Quote: Originally posted by Itchy  
Thank you.

So basically it could of been anyone of the usual suspects that set it off.

I think i may have misunderstood the information i was given about it, i assumed intermediate was the wording used for the explosive compound used between the detonator and the main charge.

The site was a big producer of cordite would i be right in thinking tetryl was sometimes mixed with cordite ?

Just looking for something interesting to say about it to the people on the tour really :)

Yes any of the usual suspects.

Cordite with tetryl mixture, I doubt it.
The manufactury plant was obviously busy with various receipts for various final uses...propellant, bombs, detonators, grenades...

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
Itchy
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 16-4-2016 at 13:00

Quote: Originally posted by PHILOU Zrealone  
Quote: Originally posted by Itchy  
Thank you.

So basically it could of been anyone of the usual suspects that set it off.

I think i may have misunderstood the information i was given about it, i assumed intermediate was the wording used for the explosive compound used between the detonator and the main charge.

The site was a big producer of cordite would i be right in thinking tetryl was sometimes mixed with cordite ?

Just looking for something interesting to say about it to the people on the tour really :)

Yes any of the usual suspects.

Cordite with tetryl mixture, I doubt it.
The manufactury plant was obviously busy with various receipts for various final uses...propellant, bombs, detonators, grenades...

They didn't actually make any f the final products on site, just the explosives. Mostly cordite but also a few others on a smaller scale up until the early 1940's then from 1945 it was used as a research facility, the site became a visitor attraction after it closed in 1991.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top