Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: I'm about to take the plunge and incorporate...
evil_lurker
National Hazard

Mood: On the wagon again.

[*] posted on 4-10-2006 at 16:23

The entire problem ain't what you can sell and to who. Thats pretty much defined in the DEA lists and CPSC list of banned chemicals.

I'm willing to sell anything that can be legally sold to anyone. However, the problem is that the government wants to hold the chemical suppliers accountable for the actions of their customers.

Thats what I'm going to have to do, figure out how to cover my ass.
quicksilver
International Hazard

Mood: ~-=SWINGS=-~

[*] posted on 6-10-2006 at 20:08

Firearms manufacturers have had to deal with that one.....they had to get a herd of lawyers and sponser a few Bills in the House and Senate.
And while that type of scapegoating is deplorable, cheap, & spineless it seems to be the way of things. Just look at the CPSC issues with pyrotechnics; a perfect case-in-point. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-10-2006 at 12:58

Quote:

I'm willing to sell anything that can be legally sold to anyone. However, the problem is that the government wants to hold the chemical suppliers accountable for the actions of their customers.

Can't that be covered by an end user license agreement (EULA)? The buyer waives his right to complain against you if the chemical is used outside the scope described in the EULA? Software companies do this all the time. Even my Acros catalogue has a similar selling condition.

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top