Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Aquiring Fisherbrand bottles.
RocksInHead
Harmless

Mood: Highly Nitrated

[*] posted on 27-7-2016 at 20:28
Aquiring Fisherbrand bottles.

Hi everyone, I'm in the process of getting all of my labs chemicals situated right now (Moving all the chemicals into a cabinet, into proper bottles, organized correctly.), because they are kind of a mess. All of my solvents will be packaged in amber glass, acids and base solutions in clear glass, and powders into HDPE square widemouth bottles. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy some fisherbrand amber bottles (cheap hopefully :D), or any bottles like the attached picture (I really like the look of them and wasn't able to find them ANYWHERE.).

Thanks in advance!

220px-WinchesterBottle2.JPG - 5kB
Deathunter88
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 27-7-2016 at 20:35

Bottles similar to the one pictured are called "boston round" bottles. Look up boston round bottles on amazon or ebay.
RocksInHead
Harmless

[*] posted on 27-7-2016 at 20:43

Quote: Originally posted by Deathunter88  
Bottles similar to the one pictured are called "boston round" bottles. Look up boston round bottles on amazon or ebay.

I understand that, I just would like to get some professional grade ones with the special caps and such, sorry, I should have been more specific.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 28-7-2016 at 04:20

What size bottles, and about how many? I have lots of Qorpak bottles liker that with PTFE lines caps which are very good for chemical storage, but mostly in smaller sizes, but I do have some larger ones. The smaller ones are as little as $1 each, higher for larger ones.
RocksInHead
Harmless

[*] posted on 28-7-2016 at 08:09

Quote: Originally posted by Dr.Bob  
What size bottles, and about how many? I have lots of Qorpak bottles liker that with PTFE lines caps which are very good for chemical storage, but mostly in smaller sizes, but I do have some larger ones. The smaller ones are as little as $1 each, higher for larger ones.

I need 4 1000ml amber, 6 500ml amber, and 3 1000ml clear glass. I did find one on amazon, But it was 50$ for ONE 1000ml bottle (It was safety coated I guess though.) I really don't want to fork out that kind of money to get what I wan't, so if you have some and are able to sell them for cheaper that would be awesome.

The link to that 50$ I was talking about.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005HS2US0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl...

[Edited on 28-7-2016 by RocksInHead]
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 28-7-2016 at 10:12

I have high quality bottles for a fraction of that, I will send you a message shortly with a quote.

Bob
RocksInHead
Harmless

[*] posted on 28-7-2016 at 11:11

Ok, sounds good!
CharlieA
National Hazard

[*] posted on 28-7-2016 at 17:05

I applaud your desire to upgrade your storage containers. I'm getting tired of peanut jars and pill bottles myself. As an aside, I don't think glass bottles are recommended for storage of strong base solutions.
RocksInHead
Harmless

[*] posted on 28-7-2016 at 19:40

Quote: Originally posted by CharlieA  
I applaud your desire to upgrade your storage containers. I'm getting tired of peanut jars and pill bottles myself. As an aside, I don't think glass bottles are recommended for storage of strong base solutions.

Oh, yea, I should have thought about that. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll have to order some HDPE bottles then.

Go To Top