Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Air scrubbing (for nano particles)
AdamAlden
I have a theory about life, the universe and everything.

Mood: Radioactive

[*] posted on 1-8-2016 at 20:29
Air scrubbing (for nano particles)

Nano particles make their way through standard air filtration systems quite easily. There are no commercially available filters suitable to filter out nano particles efficiently without spending all of your money on them.

Air scrubbers are typically used in laboratories to filter out chemicals by passing them through solutions that react with and or trap the chemical in solution.

Nano particles are capable of passing through cell membranes and causing harm to dna.

If nano particles can pass through cell membranes then they should be able to pass through water droplet membranes.

The chemical composition of the nano particle should be taken into consideration just like in a lab air scrubber when determining what type of solution is to be used in order to scrub the air of the chemical contaminate. In the case of nano particles which are not water soluble and extremely chemically inert what type of solution would be able to effectively draw the particles into solution?

Dish soap solution?

If the air was to pass through a mist of dilute dish soap solution and then through a series of condensing pads to prevent the mist from escaping there would likely be a reduction in nano particles am I right?

I am a buttmeister
Sulaiman
International Hazard

[*] posted on 2-8-2016 at 05:35

have you considered an electrostatic precipitator ?
AdamAlden
I have a theory about life, the universe and everything.

Mood: Radioactive

[*] posted on 6-8-2016 at 08:56

I have looked into ionic air purifiers but never had a chance to look into something like this. Very interesting thanks

I am a buttmeister
Eddygp
National Hazard

Mood: Organometallic

[*] posted on 6-8-2016 at 09:05

Please change your (online) mood. You can always put the link to that page on your signature.

there may be bugs in gfind

[ˌɛdidʒiˈpiː] IPA pronunciation for my Username

Go To Top