Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  8
Author: Subject: Tetramine copper perchlorate help?
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Member Is Online

Mood: cool.gif

[*] posted on 8-7-2017 at 10:36

It seems, that during written (from SK) of question suddenly was disconnect internet. I only can confirm Philou of words. Is possible in ammonia water mixed Cu, NH4ClO4 and hexamine. And adding oxygen from air, bubble method or some methode. In 25 Celsia of reaction temperature in basically and instantly arises perchlorate complex between all reagents. Copper - hexamine - perchlorate. After cooling on - 5 C is possible filtering with yield 110% (or more) on inserted of weight of AP. All process is easy, safety, and takes of 2 hours or less.

Of course, that citation:
Maybe that heating nano Cu powder with HMTA and NH4ClO4 will cause an explosion...but I'm not sure the copper is needed at all since HMTA diperchlorate is already an explosive on its own.........:D......LL

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
snooby
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 16-3-2019 at 16:20
Copper hexamine perchloraat (CHP)

Well today I made TACP. Nice synthesis! Then I made a double salt with hexamine (4.4 g TACP + 0.3 Hexamine and 0.3 Ammonium perchlorate + 5 ml ammona 25%).

Now I have CHP. It is easy to make, cheap! But what is the best way to make a det out of it?

Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 16-3-2019 at 23:53
Copper hexamine perchlorate (CHP)

CHP require solid (usually metal) cavity for reliable Deflagration - Detonation Transfer (DDT or D2D marked). With inner diameter 4 - 8 mm. Usually 1/4 inch (6,35 mm). Details were described here on S-M....:cool:...LL

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
snooby
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 17-3-2019 at 11:07

Okay so i need a core. Is it possible to fill a alu tube with CHP, while there is a thin wooden rot in the middel. At the end i just remove the wooden rod.
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 17-3-2019 at 23:20

Get good tools and equipment. And then you can do the detonators. Your question is: Hey guys. I have pretty car. Perfect quality. But he hasn't a wheels. Is possible use 4 wooden stump with the rot in middle? ......:cool:.....LL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tL42YGfLcE

snooby
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 21-3-2019 at 11:13

Dets works fine with 6 mm alu tubes. Just make a good core in the middle (just like you would do with bo rockets sometimes.

Never seen an primary thats so easy and fun to make like this. Non toxic as well, not expensive... Just figuring out how to combine this stuff with PETN. The CHP does not seems to be very bristant and you need quite big detonators in order to make them work.

I also tried: nickel- carbohydrazide perchlorate. This stuff is to sensitive to use in my opinion. Skip this one.

I am looking for a synthesis of nickel hexamine perchlorate, but I cannot find it. Anyone can give me a hint? Btw, is it worth the try??
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 21-3-2019 at 11:20

[Ni[NH3)6](ClO4)2 is weak. Was tested. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIUSOD4zesk

CHP + PETN works 1:1 in solid cavity. For ETN is enough 20% CHP only. Can be 1:1 also. Or mixing ETN 33% + PETN 33% + CHP 33%.....:cool:

[Edited on 21-3-2019 by Laboratory of Liptakov]

C6(NO2)5CH2CH(CH3)N(NO2)2
Harmless

[*] posted on 21-3-2019 at 13:34

As far as detonator recommendations, I think this CHP detonator looks good if you are willing to find a thick (more dangerous fragments) metal casing:
https://www.sciencemadness.org/whisper/files.php?pid=460152&...
One of Dr. Liptakov's designs, which doesn't require a core or any wires running through the packed charge. If you still need electric ignition, you could likely use an electric match in place of the fuse. I haven't tried it, though.

@Laboratory of Liptakov, I noticed a video which you have on your youtube channel of Darian Ballard detonating a plastic drinking straw(?) full of CHP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTYNiabQl8w
I would have thought it needed more confinement than a thin plastic tube could give. Did he prime it with some other primary explosives?

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!
MineMan
National Hazard

[*] posted on 21-3-2019 at 13:42

Quote: Originally posted by snooby  
Dets works fine with 6 mm alu tubes. Just make a good core in the middle (just like you would do with bo rockets sometimes.

Never seen an primary thats so easy and fun to make like this. Non toxic as well, not expensive... Just figuring out how to combine this stuff with PETN. The CHP does not seems to be very bristant and you need quite big detonators in order to make them work.

I also tried: nickel- carbohydrazide perchlorate. This stuff is to sensitive to use in my opinion. Skip this one.

I am looking for a synthesis of nickel hexamine perchlorate, but I cannot find it. Anyone can give me a hint? Btw, is it worth the try??

Well I will be damed. A core for DDT. So genius. So obvious. Can you give us more details? How do you press a core? What if you just added NC a solvent and cast it in that shape?
snooby
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 21-3-2019 at 14:03

Laboratory of Liptakov :

How do you make a core into ur dets? Just fill a cap and then press something in it? If pressed hard, I find it difficult and dangerous to press something in it.

[Edited on 21-3-2019 by snooby]

1.jpg - 327kB 11.jpg - 479kB 111.jpg - 277kB

prob full det CHP

[Edited on 21-3-2019 by snooby]
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 22-3-2019 at 01:45
CHP filling

"Someone" use normal the vice. And press on maximal hand - power - screw - density. About 50 - 100 Kg. With CHP not exist any fear from accident. Over 2000 of pieces. Condition is of course solid cavity. Best and cheapest is normal construction steel tube 8/10 mm....:cool:...LL

pressingCHP.jpg - 122kB CHP wire.jpg - 114kB

spark1.jpg - 142kB

Snooby, the detonators is necessary always testing perpendicularly against steel. Your results are inconclusive. Best is for beginners steel plate 1 mm. The CHP must deflorating (at 0,5g) steel plate 2 mm of thickness. But perpendicularly.

[Edited on 22-3-2019 by Laboratory of Liptakov]

det CHP.jpg - 126kB

[Edited on 22-3-2019 by Laboratory of Liptakov]

Herr Haber
International Hazard

[*] posted on 22-3-2019 at 06:46

Quote: Originally posted by snooby  
Okay so i need a core. Is it possible to fill a alu tube with CHP, while there is a thin wooden rot in the middel. At the end i just remove the wooden rod.

I dont think this is what LL meant but it is a very interesting idea nevertheless.

Pyro tools to make rockets would be perfectly suited to your needs if you could find a size that suits.
snooby
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 24-3-2019 at 09:51

Yes i am busy to try A small rocket tool!

But what does the doc then mean? I am confused a litle by the ammount of info:o

Ow i think the doc use elek ignition in the middle of the charge. Why just not put a fuse in the middle? Bore a hole in the middle of the tube and insert fuse

[Edited on 24-3-2019 by snooby]
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 24-3-2019 at 11:36

@snooby ... Detonator is not cannon, with some hole on an side. My patience is on ending.....:mad:...LL

snooby
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 24-3-2019 at 12:38

No okay, but principe seems the same right? Did not want offend u, and im learning a lot from u!

Allright, I did read everything again> somehow I interpretated "solid cavity" as a strong core inside a tube.

I ordered copper tubes from 8 mm. And i ordered safety fuse also (bickford) Since the fuse is 6mm, is it whise to put some CNP around the fuse, so that ignition does take place in the centre?

No end cap requierd? was Thinking of some expoxy harder.....

[Edited on 24-3-2019 by snooby]
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 25-3-2019 at 00:27

Around Bickford enough plast electric tape as increase of diameter on 8 mm.

pic1.jpg - 573kB

Instead PIB and BP is insert sealed Bickford. Thats all.

MineMan
National Hazard

[*] posted on 25-3-2019 at 18:42

Quote: Originally posted by Laboratory of Liptakov  

Instead PIB and BP is insert sealed Bickford. Thats all.

A few questions LL

Can the CHP be powdered or does it need to be a specific grain size? Why ETN? CHP is cheaper and easier to make... why not use that for the base?
Herr Haber
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-3-2019 at 05:11

Quote: Originally posted by Laboratory of Liptakov  

I'd use masking (painter's) tape inside as it'll provide a much better "grip" when you crimp the casing. Not sure that makes sense to you.
Plastic tape is fine for outside.
Self amalgamating tape sounds like a good idea but it's not.
snooby
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 26-3-2019 at 09:03

https://polyestershoppen.nl/lijmen-en-kitten/versachem-magnu...

If want to do it good then put in the fuse and fill the opening with epoxy. U will have one strong end cap.
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 26-3-2019 at 09:54

@MineMan Powdered CHP is good for pressing on 50 Kg, as output segment. Usually 0,5 - 1g. For low density (DDT part) is best grain 2x2 mm. Minimal 1x1 mm. And pressing on 1 - 5 Kg. Why invent a wheel? When Nobel patents always use 2x2 or even 2 x 4 mm grain? In NPED type detonators. Is it an base of reliability. Bigger grain = best burning and DDT. Why mixing CHP and ETN? Because ETN is stronger. Every detonator should by have maximal brizantion. But if you are lazy prepare ETN, you can use CHP only.
1 g CHP can detonate any secondary charge. Even almost any AN xx...:cool:....LL

snooby
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 26-3-2019 at 10:21

CHP seems to work great, the only drawback imo is the big det caps, which might produce deadly scrapnell. What do you think about this Liptakov?
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 26-3-2019 at 12:17

I think the ride of a young guy on a motorcycle is 100 times more dangerous than a shrapnel from a detonator....:cool:....LL

Rocinante
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 26-3-2019 at 12:41

A 30 m sphere has a surface area of about 10 000 m2 and the frontal area of a squating person is about 0.5 m2, at 20 dangerous fragments per BC you're looking at 1 in 1000 chance of being hit or about 10 % risk of being hit per 100 detonations.

I doubt that a single motorcycle ride of a young guy has 10 % injury rate.
snooby
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 26-3-2019 at 13:48

Dokter, what about the fiberglass crossbow bolts tubes? Would these tubes make a chance.
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 26-3-2019 at 23:16

@snooby I see that you are thinking everything possible. Just not it, what works.

Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  8

Go To Top