Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 1,5-Dihydrazinotetrazole
Lotilko
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 10-9-2016 at 14:58
1,5-Dihydrazinotetrazole

I wasn't sure where to post this because Bert seems to be grumpy about newcomers posting new topics in the Energetics section and the questions in the Short Questions / answer thread are sometimes ignored when there is another discussion going on. Not sure if the Beginnings is the right place for this, but here it goes:

I was reading about high nitrogen content salts and stumbled across 5-Hydrazino-1H-tetrazolate, so I thought why not replace that hydrogen with something else. Maybe another hydrazino group? Why not?

You see, I'm really not good with chemichal nomenclature, but I suppose it's called 1,5-Dihydrazinotetrazole, but correct me if I'm wrong.

So as I searched for an applicable preparation route, I haven't found anything about this compound, I'm not even sure of it's existence. I know that primary amines react with aqueous hydrazine to form the corresponding hydrazine and ammonia.

My idea would be to react one equivalent 1,5-Diaminotetrazole with two equivalents of hydrazine to form 1 eq. of 1,5-Dihydrazinotetrazole and two eqs. of ammonia.

What do you all think?
Metacelsus
International Hazard

Mood: Double, double, toil and trouble

[*] posted on 10-9-2016 at 16:39

I think that substitution reaction probably wouldn't work. Is there any precedent for it?

As below, so above.

My blog: https://denovo.substack.com
Lotilko
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 11-9-2016 at 04:46

In Advanced Energetic Materials Based On 5-Aminotetrazole, there is a reaction scheme on page 83-84 showing the reaction of aminoguanidium perchlorate with hydrazine to produce triaminoguanidium perchlorate and ammonia.
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

Mood: Bis-diazo-dinitro-hydroquinonic

[*] posted on 14-9-2016 at 04:42

Maybe you could go to hydrazinoaminotetrazole...and if it is stable, what I doubt, dihydrazinotetrazole would be nice energetic material or starting material
I doubt it would be stable because it would imply the sequence H2N-NH-N-N-N-N- thus 6N atoms linked together...what is really a lot.

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
Lotilko
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 20-10-2016 at 13:43

My bad, amine substitution will definitely not work for the nitrogen. The functional groups on the carbon can be greatly varied, because of the vast array of reactions that it can undergo.

Maybe if one reacted the tetrazole with tosyl chloride or triflic anhydride in a protic solvent, one could synthetize the tosyl or triflyl derivative and since these are excellent leaving groups, one could substitute these. Wikipedia states that the triflyl group easily undergoes nucleophilic reactions. This reaction works for 5-Aminotetrazole with tosyl chloride in Et3N, but ring cleavage occurs because of basic media.

And regarding your predictions PHILOU, 1,5-Dinitraminotetrazole has been prepared and is stable despite the 6 nitrogens linked together. As far as I know, nitro groups destabilize molecules so if 1,5-Dinitraminotetrazole is stable, shouldn't the 1,5-dihydrazino derivative be more stable. It's just an idea, but if it's not the case, then please elighten me.

Go To Top