Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: trouble
alive&kickin
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-9-2016 at 17:40
trouble

blogfast25, I now know how you must be feeling. Just got a visit from the FBI and local sheriff. They didn't have a warrant so they didn't get inside, but a thousand questions. Kind of embarrassing having their car parked out front the whole time. Hope it doesn't turn into anything else, although I'm waiting for the return visit with warrant in hand. Will keep all informed. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst.
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 11-9-2016 at 17:53

Yeouch!
Get yourself mentally prepared.
Anticipate the questions they might ask and how you might best respond.
Think of some questions to ask them.
Call a lawyer if you have time -- just to get a bit of relevant advice.

Arg0nAddict
Hazard to Self

Mood: Mercuric

[*] posted on 22-9-2016 at 05:29

I have been though this first hand in America. Wish I could help but listen to when he said be quiet and i'm saying in now. nothing said can help it up to him and his lawyer. I got 111 day in jail with no prison time. He will get in a fight its all part of being in that they test you. I used wits to survive and it it works. throw the first punch dont fight like a street thug or you will lose. in jail be invisible. Prison is different. you will fight for your life. whenever you win or lose always take the big guy first and dont cheat, eye gouge or dick smash will get you killed take a win or loss humble and immediately help up the guy, gaining proper respect and you're the new guy whose has nobody. Do not cheat. unless someone tries rape. then you fight to the death. it got attempted on me because i kept my appearance up I look nice i t gives me a reason to live. I was warned and have access to microwave and butter. not a sole came close to bothering me and even though I like woman those gays guys hate rape and surprising no gang gang needed i just impressed the big man who basically called the shots even though he likes guys which doesn't bother me. the mistake i made was the blindings. but if you try rape on me you will always remember. Oh yeah do no trust anyone your on your own but at times take advantage. scolding oil down the drain the the 3 mysterious blinding. dont rat an nothing rats on you. Jail/proson turns a nerd evil but you get over it. my conscience got to me that i blinded 3 people so i talked to the who said he saw the whole thing hidden cams in lunch, he said that was unique and in that situatuon I cannot punish you. You came to me out of guilt. that alone says you did the first thing you coud to disable a 3 on 1 attack and you ran off you could have killed then all but you wanted out. I was released the next day due to pstd. so it worked out for me

8kVIitnl.jpg - 22kB

YouTube Channel: ChemCamTV
ficolas
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 22-9-2016 at 06:06

What is going on? :o

Is blogfast in prision?
And what is that thing you described, that doesnt sound like the kind of prision tha exists in my country.

And why FBI and prision? D:
Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 22-9-2016 at 06:08

Nope, nobody is in prison. I don't know what the hell Arg0nAddict is going on about.

Edit: Weird timing, but yay, 2000th post

[Edited on 9-23-2016 by zts16]

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

Mood: украї́нська

[*] posted on 22-9-2016 at 14:18

I have these concerns. I have drug arrests. Right now I have a reflux apparatus on my kitchen counter and I leave my door open. However, I KNOW all my neighbors and I keep notes of EVERYTHING and I am NOT making any drugs or energetics. Fucktard's decide to make my life miserable they ain't getting me to kowtow, and my jury trial and lawsuit ought to be interesting.

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

alive&kickin
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 22-9-2016 at 18:19

Not to be mean or sound disrespectful, but does anyone have any idea or understand what Arg0nAddict is talking about? Maybe someone can translate for me.
elementcollector1
International Hazard

Mood: Molten

[*] posted on 22-9-2016 at 18:50

I think... I think he's saying he was in prison and was nearly raped, then blinded three people? Sounds legit.

Elements Collected:52/87
Latest Acquired: Cl
Next in Line: Nd
MrHomeScientist
International Hazard

[*] posted on 23-9-2016 at 05:35

And yet he "got 111 day in jail with no prison time. "

?
blogfast25
International Hazard

[*] posted on 23-9-2016 at 10:20

Quote: Originally posted by arkoma  
I have these concerns. I have drug arrests. Right now I have a reflux apparatus on my kitchen counter and I leave my door open. However, I KNOW all my neighbors and I keep notes of EVERYTHING and I am NOT making any drugs or energetics. Fucktard's decide to make my life miserable they ain't getting me to kowtow, and my jury trial and lawsuit ought to be interesting.

Jury trials are a gamble, Arkoma. I'd rather plead guilty to some quack lesser charge than face one.

Justice systems still suck, even in the 'developed world'.

Maroboduus
Hazard to Others

Mood: vacant

[*] posted on 23-9-2016 at 11:10

Quote: Originally posted by MrHomeScientist  
And yet he "got 111 day in jail with no prison time. "

?

MrHomeScientist, if you're asking what I think you're asking, prison is doing state or federal time. It's more than a year, I believe, in a correctional facility where everybody has been convicted of a felony. Jail is just where they put you locally, both before trial and after conviction for a misdemeanor.
Jail means less than a year for each crime you're convicted of, but you can be there for years if you're serving for several misdemeanors.
At least that's how it is in the USA in the States I'm familiar with.

MrHomeScientist
International Hazard

[*] posted on 23-9-2016 at 12:31

Ah ha, I always thought prison and jail were synonymous. Thanks.
Arg0nAddict
Hazard to Self

Mood: Mercuric

[*] posted on 24-9-2016 at 04:24

I honestly have no idea what that post means.

The screen shot is accurate though. Anyway I made a video like 5 years ago on NI3 very safe and yet it was still deleted on appeal. When I questioned them asking why grant is able to show horrendous safety precautions they deflected.

My Facebook page, and we'll all social accounts were hacked and vandalized. No I was not raped hahaha someone's out for me and I recently saw posts of grant Thompson very near my house. Strange coincidence I don't know.

Anyway if there are posts from me that make so sense...assume it's not me. I don't even drink so not a way in hell I posted that mumbo jumbo. I've never even been in a fight. Wtf do I know. Maybe argon is not such a good gas. Ha jail and prison tho are completely different. I have a feeling that well. Back to the border.. see ya

YouTube Channel: ChemCamTV
Texium
Administrator

[*] posted on 24-9-2016 at 10:27

So you're saying that somebody else logged into your account and posted that with a screenshot attached that actually is yours? That doesn't make any sense. Change your password if that's really what happened. Make it a very strong one. If this keeps happening we'll have to assume that you're trolling and that won't end well for you.

aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 24-9-2016 at 15:00

Quote: Originally posted by MrHomeScientist  
Ah ha, I always thought prison and jail were synonymous. Thanks.

Convicted Criminals can be served with a prison sentence, meaning that a certain time period should be served in a Gaol (Jail).

The actual time in a custodial facility (aka Jail) tends to get 'commuted' depending on the crime, and the time already 'served' whilst waiting for trial (if applicable).

For more mundane crimes, the convict tends to serve less Time than the handed-down sentence-Time.

E.g. if you Intentionally gas your neighbour with N2O and get arrested/convicted etc, then your sentence could be 3 years in prison.

If you waited (in custody) for 6 months for the trial, then you have a max of 2.5 years in a custodial facility, as you already spent 6 months in one.

If you plea-bargain and plead guilty to the lesser charge of Unitintenional Accidental Release, maybe 1.5 years ( less the 6 months = 1 year).

With Good Conduct you could be out in 6 months, despite the original 3 year custodial sentence.

In all events, do Not break the Law, or it will break You.

Maroboduus
Hazard to Others

Mood: vacant

[*] posted on 24-9-2016 at 15:49

The American criminal attorneys I've worked for draw a definite distinction between jail and prison. This distinction is substantially as I have explained. Perhaps Your knowledge exceeds that of these professionals. If so I would be most interested to hear where you acquired this knowledge.

For misdemeanors the sentence(In American jails, where misdemeanor time is served) is often reduced for good behavior. This is a generally 25% to 33% leeway the sheriffs are given to use as leverage to maintain order in the facility. Time served before conviction is subtracted from the sentence.

Here in the US, the power of 'commutation' generally lies with the executive of that jurisdiction (Obama or your friendly local state Governor, depending on if its a federal or state beef) and is not really all that commonly exercised.

Your spelling of the term 'jail'(gaol) Makes me think you may be talking about British law, as that spelling is not currently used here.

[Edited on 24-9-2016 by Maroboduus]

EDIT: Looking over this, I see that I just made a rather snide post and I apologize for that. I know this thread is about serious stuff, and although I don't know the original poster of this thread I share a genuine concern for his welfare in this frightening situation. -Sorry for the distraction.

[Edited on 25-9-2016 by Maroboduus]
RogueRose
International Hazard

[*] posted on 24-9-2016 at 17:42

Is it me or do both of ArgonA's posts seem like he is huffing something.
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 24-9-2016 at 22:07

Back on topic...

Any updates alive&kickin?

alive&kickin
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 29-9-2016 at 06:45

j_sum1, no visit yet, but from what other friends in law enforcement have told me the visit with the warrant is on the way. Also found out that the FBI and sheriff were sent by homeland security. Things don't look good. A warning for everyone, watch what you put in an e-mail as apparently no matter how innocent it is, someone somewhere is reading it, and if they don't understand, things can get bad.
violet sin
International Hazard

Mood: Good

[*] posted on 29-9-2016 at 18:49

What would they be able to pin on you though? Is it going to be a matter of their oppinion as to what you had planned for some specific chemicals of interest, or actual energetic/bioactive substances, impropper ordering from suppliers, unsuitable storage, danger to the public...?

Looking at the posts you have made here, I don't really see a connection to illegal activities, energetics or illicit substances?! Puzzling, as I had (perhaps naively) assumed one would need be wrapped up in something obviously bad. Either on the forum or posted elsewhere, possibly in person; in order to get chased down.

I hope this ends well for you, as it looks like it may be an overreaction to a curious mind. Hopefully you dont get put through the ringer for naught.

Deathunter88
National Hazard

[*] posted on 29-9-2016 at 19:12

Quote: Originally posted by alive&kickin  
blogfast25, I now know how you must be feeling. Just got a visit from the FBI and local sheriff. They didn't have a warrant so they didn't get inside, but a thousand questions. Kind of embarrassing having their car parked out front the whole time. Hope it doesn't turn into anything else, although I'm waiting for the return visit with warrant in hand. Will keep all informed. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst.

Ok maybe it's because I'm only 15 and don't know a lot about how the adult world works, but I would think that the end result would be better if you just let them in. I mean, if you're not doing anything illegal what's the problem with showing them your setup and your lab notebook? I would think that cooperating with them and showing your enthusiasm for chemistry would turn out better than barring the door and forcing them to get a search warrant.
NedsHead
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 29-9-2016 at 21:02

Because a search warrant is there to protect both parties, it draws a clear line in the sand and if that line is crossed by either parties legal action can be taken, I wouldn't allow police into my home without a warrant for the same reason I wouldn't hand out signed blank cheques

[Edited on 30-9-2016 by NedsHead]
MrHomeScientist
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-9-2016 at 06:33

There are two camps in the home chemistry hobby: the ones who are open and honest about their hobby, and the ones who lock all the doors, close the curtains, and don't even tell their family what they're doing. I'm with the first group (if you couldn't tell) - if anyone ever gets suspicious, I have a huge network of friends and professional contacts that know what I'm doing and can confirm it's nothing nefarious. I feel like being secretive can only lead to trouble down the road. No one should be ashamed of this hobby and think they need to hide it from everyone.
Texium
Administrator

[*] posted on 30-9-2016 at 07:06

Not to mention the suspicion that is aroused simply by demanding a search warrant. If you let them come in when they show up for a surprise visit, it shows that you have nothing to hide, and they probably won't turn over every couch cushion and open every cabinet. If you demand a warrant, when they come back they'll be checking every nook and cranny to make sure that you haven't hidden the illegal items (that they now have good reason to expect to find) while they were away getting their warrant. Then when they still don't find anything, they'll put you down on their records as being inconclusive, and keep a close eye on you in the future.

Tl;dr: demanding a search warrant doesn't do you any favors. It just gives the police/FBI/DHS/DEA or whoever a new reason to suspect you of wrongdoing.

NedsHead
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 30-9-2016 at 07:58

Demanding is one thing, voicing your concerns and respectfully asking is completely different, the way I see it, if I'm expected to accurately fill out dozens of Government forms per year and failing to do so (or do so accurately e.g. Taxes, licensing, firearm registration) could land me in prison then the least they can do is fill out the paperwork on their end, I don't get any special treatment so why should they?
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top