Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Sorguyl
Mr.Greeenix
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 28-5-2015 at 11:14

does someone know where the solubility differnences of Dingu and TNGU are.
TNGU soluable in Nitromethan I know...

I need them to see if there is some DINGU in my TNGU (made by Engangers method)
Thraxx
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 16-11-2016 at 10:28

DINGU,Dinitroacetylenediurein
----------------------------------------

-very small white or colorless crystals (my own experience is,that DINGU prepared with only nitric acid is brown and with nitric-sulfuric is white.The brown crystals are smaller.)
-two isomers(1,3)small amount and unwanted, decomposed with boiling watter, (1,5) decomposed of amonia at RT
-stable in acid medium
-readily decomposed at alkaline hydrolysis
-decomposition beginns at 130C
-deflagration point at 225-250C
-sensitivity –much less sensitive than HMX,reffered like insensitive HE (IHE)
-solubility in conc. Nitric acid,in DMSO
-insoluble in water,nitrometan and in ordinary org solvents
-density-1,94
-rate of detonation-at 1,75 it is 7580 m/s

TENGU-soluble in nitrometan,
in dioxan /17g/100ml at 27C/
in glacial acetic acid /15g/100ml at 25 C/

History:
1888-Franchimont and Klobbie-synt.:1part of Glycoluril + 5 parts abs.nitric acid
1889-Ibid
1944-Blatt-synt.: nitrating Glycoluril +98%HNO3+aceticanhydrid at below 5C
1973-Boileau,Emeury,Kehren-Fr.patent : 7327038

[Edited on 15-10-2016 by Thraxx]

[Edited on 15-10-2016 by Thraxx]
nlvince
Harmless

[*] posted on 22-11-2016 at 05:03

This seems to be pretty high yielding:

To a 500 mL round-bottom flask equipped with a stirbar was added 100 mL of H2O, glyoxal (20 g, 0.345 mol, 1.00 eq, 50 ml of a 40 wt. percent solution in H2O), and urea (51.7 g, 0.862 mol, 2.50 eq). The reaction mixture was heated to 90 oC and was stirred for 5 min. Concentrated H2SO4 (4 mL) was added dropwise over 5 min, and a white solid formed 10 minutes after addition of the acid. The reaction mixture was stirred for an additional 12 h. The reaction mixture was cooled to room temperature, and a 50percent aqueous solution of NaOH was added until the pH of the reaction was adjusted to 14. The stirring was stopped, and the reaction mixture was cooled to 0 oC. The suspension was isolated by vacuum filtration on a Büchner funnel, and the solid was washed with cold water (2 x 500 mL). The solid was left to dry on the Büchner funnel under suction for 3 h, was transferred to a 700 mL beaker, and was dried for 16 h at 80 oC to yield 45.0 g (0.304 mol, 92percent yield) of glycoluril (1) as an off-white powder. m.p. =335.19 oC

I also have the reference but am not sure where to upload it
Thraxx
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 22-11-2016 at 09:48

in the 50 ml of Glyoxal dissolve 86g of urea and put there quickly solution of 22 ml water + 37ml conc.H2SO4.It will heat and turn white and you will shake it all the time of heating and if you want,then can you put the flask into the 65 C watterbath for 1 h.and then filtering washing drying.
nlvince
Harmless

[*] posted on 22-11-2016 at 11:55

This patent describes the synthesis of sorguyl using 100% nitric acid and acetic anhydride. They claim 85% yield.

https://worldwide.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/originalD...

PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

Mood: Bis-diazo-dinitro-hydroquinonic

[*] posted on 22-11-2016 at 13:59

Most amine base for common caged nitramine are high yielding...
-hexamine from aqueous CH2O and aqueous NH3
-glycoluril from urea and glyoxal

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
Mr.Greeenix
Harmless

wink.gif posted on 8-12-2016 at 09:47

Does somebody know anything about the compound 1,1,2,2-tetranitroaminoetanu, which is supposedly the hydrolisation product of TNGU.

Detonation velocity is 9500m/s
Detonation pressure 41GP

The only thing I can find on this compound is a polish paper which i unfortunatly can not read. :mad:
Maybe someone who speaks polish is so keen and translates the synthesis and/or other important information.
I am really interested but there is nothing. If someone knows something please feel free to post it. :P

Attachment: 1,1,2,2-tetranitroaminoetanu.pdf (652kB)
This file has been downloaded 493 times

Thank you!

PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

Mood: Bis-diazo-dinitro-hydroquinonic

[*] posted on 9-12-2016 at 13:28

Quote: Originally posted by Mr.Greeenix  
Does somebody know anything about the compound 1,1,2,2-tetranitroaminoetanu, which is supposedly the hydrolisation product of TNGU.

Detonation velocity is 9500m/s
Detonation pressure 41GP

The only thing I can find on this compound is a polish paper which i unfortunatly can not read. :mad:
Maybe someone who speaks polish is so keen and translates the synthesis and/or other important information.
I am really interested but there is nothing. If someone knows something please feel free to post it. :P

Thank you!

Such geminal nitramines (*) are powerful but quite sensitive (shock, heat, friction) vs parent nitramines and they also lacks stability for storage...they are very acidic and reacts with metals to make sensitive metal nitramines...the H onto the NH is even more acidic than into carbon nitramines holding max one nitramine per carbon atom (viccinal nitramines)(**).
They will be very happy to split off a nitramide molecule (H2N-NO2 (unstable)) and to provide a nitroimide group.
R-CH(-NH-NO2)2 <--==> R-CH=N-NO2 + H2N-NO2
H2N-NO2 ---> H2O + N2O + N2 + O2

(*)
Methylene dinitramine CH2(-NH-NO2)2
Ethylene bis-dinitramine (N,N,N',N'-tetranitro-ethylene-1,2-diamine) (O2N-NH-)2CH-CH(-NH-NO2)2
(**)
Methyl nitramine CH3-NH-NO2
Ethylene dinitramine O2N-NH-CH2-CH2-NH-NO2
Propane trinitramine O2N-NH-CH2-CH(-NH-NO2)-CH2-NH-NO2

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
Microtek
National Hazard

[*] posted on 10-12-2016 at 09:21

When I wrote my dissertation, I investigated the possibilty of condensing tetranitraminoethane with disulfaminotetrahydroxypiperazine and then nitrolysing the sulfonic groups to form HNIW without annoying catalytic hydrodebenzylation.

Unfortunately, the results were inconclusive.

About the paper: Why don't you copy/paste it into google translate? It won't be a perfect translation, but usually enough to catch the essentials (especially if you know something about the subject).

[Edited on 10-12-2016 by Microtek]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top