Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 4-substituted-2,5-dimethoxyalkylamines
Dextrose
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 18:23
4-substituted-2,5-dimethoxyalkylamines

I'm not in to pharmacology, but wtf haven't i seen any references of 4-tertButyl-2,5-DMPEA/DMA, 4-Isopropyl-2,5-DMPEA/DMA and the 4-Dimethylamine homologue?

Haven't i looked to much, or is the groups not unpolar enough? Since alkyl-chains works, why not these?

Just wondering...

[Edited on 5-11-2006 by Dextrose]
Sandmeyer
National Hazard

Mood: abbastanza bene

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 19:18

You have allready started a thread where this can be discussed, no need for a new one. Someone with more knowledge on SAR than me can provide a better answer -- I think that tert-butyl is more likely to be an antagonist, the isopropyl might be interesting, dimethylamino would be inactive.
Nicodem
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 23:52

Quote:
Originally posted by Dextrose
I'm not in to pharmacology, but wtf haven't i seen any references of 4-tertButyl-2,5-DMPEA/DMA, 4-Isopropyl-2,5-DMPEA/DMA and the 4-Dimethylamine homologue?

Both branching and chirality of the 4-substituent in 2,5-DMA was evaluated by Nichols. See:
J. Med. Chem., 1984, 27, 788-792.
J. Med. Chem., 1995, 38, 3593-3601.

PS: I agree that there was no need whatsoever to start a new thread when you already started a thread on a very similar issue. This forum is not intended to be a trash can!

…there is a human touch of the cultist “believer” in every theorist that he must struggle against as being unworthy of the scientist. Some of the greatest men of science have publicly repudiated a theory which earlier they hotly defended. In this lies their scientific temper, not in the scientific defense of the theory. - Weston La Barre (Ghost Dance, 1972)

Read the The ScienceMadness Guidelines!
Drunkguy
Hazard to Others

Mood: somewhat pissed.

[*] posted on 5-11-2006 at 06:28

This is a good read.

It's also very convincing that the 4-allyloxy is stable as it is susally prone to a Claisen rearrangement.

[Edited on 5-11-2006 by Drunkguy]
Dextrose
Harmless

[*] posted on 8-11-2006 at 09:26

Sandmeyer, Nicodem > I'm sorry to piss you old hive-farts off (J/K). ;)

I hate off-topicness, so i figured since this question is strictly pharmacology-related, i wouldn't dare going OT in my other topic, which is strictly chemistry-related.

Thanks for the ref's Nicodem, will check them out.

Go To Top