Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: synthesis and compounding of injectable estradiol valerate from bioidentical estradiol tablets
Cou
National Hazard

[*] posted on 27-10-2016 at 13:45
synthesis and compounding of injectable estradiol valerate from bioidentical estradiol tablets

STERILE METHOD IS VERY IMPORTANT HERE

1: somehow extract and purify estradiol from the tablets, separation from filler. Apply procedure for isolation of steroids/cholesterol

2: fischer esterification of the estradiol with valeric acid

3: dissolve estradiol valerate into distilled water, run through filter paper to remove particulates that may be dangerous in bloodstream

4: recover from water and dissolve estradiol valerate in castor oil (should not have any particulates) to make a 10mg/ml solution, with a volumetric flask

5: start taking your injectable estrogen, inject into thigh muscles with an intramuscular needle

[Edited on 27-10-2016 by Cou]

Quote: Originally posted by obsessed_chemist  
Do any of you fellow scientists ever feel like a young kid buying condoms at the pharmacy, when you're out picking up reagents?
j_sum1
International Hazard

Mood: inert even with vigorous stirring.

[*] posted on 27-10-2016 at 21:53

Explain to me why you would want to do this?

Working backwards,
Why would you want to do your own intramuscular injections?
Why would you be injecting castor oil? (I would be really surprised if this was standard practice anywhere.)
Why would you want to me manufacturing your own hypodermic drugs? (Seriously, you know the risks if you get any particulates or other contaminants.)
What the hell do you want to be taking estrogen for anyway?
And if it is prescribed, why wouldn't you simply take the tablets that were given to you without tinkering with them.

Nah, don't answer any of those questions. I don't think there can be any justifiable answers.

Nominating for detritus.

woelen
Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 27-10-2016 at 22:38

Dangerous procedure, very high risk of doing permanent damage to your body. This is not the kind of thing we discuss at sciencemadness.

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at http://www.oelen.net/science
woelen
Administrator
Thread Moved
27-10-2016 at 22:39

Go To Top