Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: REDOX electrode
SAM4CH
Hazard to Others

Mood: PERFECT

[*] posted on 1-12-2006 at 13:44
REDOX electrode

Can I determine the concentrations of salts in aqueous solutions like chlorate, perchlorate, chloride ions in differents rates and concentrations using redox electrode "mV signal"?
roamingnome
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-12-2006 at 14:24

yes.... i seem to remember a "boring" analytical lab were the surface area of the electrode, the temperature of the solution, and the phase of the moon was taken into account. but if its a mixture of the salts then thats trouble. Different rates of what?

an EC meter will tell you when your aqua culture plants need food.

i wouldnt feed them perchlorate, but then again the released oxygen from chlorate might be good for them, and the cellouse will be enriched with perchlorate.

With genetic engineering maybye we can just grow plants that produce nitro-cellouse right off, then feed them perchlorate. A bail of straw of that plant would be potent.
12AX7
Post Harlot

Mood: informative

[*] posted on 1-12-2006 at 15:45

Yeah, but they'd probably be highly dependent on nitrate fertilizers, bringing you back to square one plus a bunch of growing time and processing. :P

Geez, what a non-sequitur. He didn't even *mention* plants, gnome...

Tim

Seven Transistor Labs LLC http://seventransistorlabs.com/
Electronic Design, from Concept to Layout.
Need engineering assistance? Drop me a message!
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
SAM4CH
Hazard to Others

Mood: PERFECT

[*] posted on 10-12-2006 at 10:43

Okay, great info. but I ment if I have a solution which contains Cl, ClO3-, ClO4-, form electrochemical perchlorate cell, is it necessary to buy Ion selective electrode for perchlorate to determine its concentration after dilution, or I can do that using My new ORP electrode?
If yes, is there any table for E potential vs concentration and how can I make my own table if I have sodium perchlorate, chlorate, chloride as solid "to make standard solution"!!!!!
Note: I like to determine one of ClO3- or ClO4- in solution....
unionised
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-12-2006 at 14:59

What could the table look like? It would need to list all 3 variables Cl, Clo3, ClO4 and have the redox potential for each mixture.
I don't see how one voltage can tell you 3 concentrations. You need several electrodes and I don't know if they exist.

Go To Top