Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Conduction Experiments on living things.
grivas.caitlin
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-12-2016 at 20:57
Conduction Experiments on living things.

How can conducting an experiment on living things be 100% accurate, Even if conducted multiple times by various scientists to prove accuracy and if each living thing is in the same genus and family by scientific order; making them the controlled variable, if they are different by genes and backgrounds therefore not identical and no longer the controlled variables.
Tsjerk
International Hazard

Mood: Mood

[*] posted on 25-12-2016 at 01:10

Welcome in the world of biology! You do what you can, after that they are inevitable variables, but that is generally accepted.
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 25-12-2016 at 04:08

Inbred Strains

Quote:

For most animals, the usual procedure is mating of brother-sister pairs for a minimum of 20 generations, which will result in lines that are roughly 99% genetically identical.[1][2] Many inbred strains have been inbred for many more generations and are in effect isogenic.[3]

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

exodia
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-12-2016 at 17:27

I suppose it all depends in whether you are experimenting from scratch or you have a previous hypothesis (tested or untested)

for example if someone ate 50gr of mercuric nitrate you could say with a near zero failure expectancy, that he will be poisoned, because you know how mercury interacts with your system and how you metabolize it and so on, so even in the human species (with plenty of genetic variables .... ok we are less than 1% different but that 1% is huge) you know what is gonna happen.

something different comes to mind if you are experimenting without the knowledge of the physical action that this experiment is doing to the organism.

so in my opinion is more useful to conduct experiments that you can "track down" to the actual cause, and if that cause is shared within the species/family/genus/order... you can hypothesise that the outcome will likely be true for all of them (regardless genetic differences)

Go To Top