Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Chemistry "webring" or personal/hobby pages?
RogueRose
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-1-2017 at 15:40
Chemistry "webring" or personal/hobby pages?

I have to admit that I'm not exactly sure what webring is, especially what it is in its current/modern usage, but it used to be a way to link similar sites so others could find them - usually linked by similar subjects or topics.

I've found a lot of personal sites where people list their experiments in various fields. Some of these sites have excellent information and I try to keep track of them when I find them, for later reference.

Do any of you guys use webrings for material like this?
Do any of the SM members have personal sites that exhibit various chemistry experiments?
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 12-1-2017 at 17:07

That's an old idea that had its heyday before internet searches really became effective. I doubt webrings are used very much at all any more although I do see them from time to time on very old websites.

If you have a good list of sites that you find useful you could post them here -- with a brief description of each one. Sharing good resources is always a good idea.
RogueRose
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-1-2017 at 18:02

I'm working on setting up my lists. I have about 6-7 computers, each with 2-3 browsers, all with different bookmarks... So I have to get all the sites from those browsers into one list. I'm thinking about contacting the ppage/site owners first and seeing if they mind if I add them to a "list" of helpful sites.

Anyone else find that some of the most helpful sites are the personal hobby/project sites made by individuals? I'm always amazed at some of the content that I find on them and am usually pretty impressed (at least with the ones I bookmark..)

Go To Top