Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: (UK) long-term chemophobia persecution campaign
tsathoggua1
Hazard to Others

Mood: Phosphorescent

[*] posted on 26-1-2017 at 14:25
(UK) long-term chemophobia persecution campaign

Alright, I need some input and assistance here, I really do, because I've had it up to the eye teeth of being treated like utter, total and complete shit by the pigs. And yes, I'll damn well call them that. I am way beyond merely upset, or angry now. I am at the stage of blowing steam out of both ears and beyond.

This has been going on for years. And I'll begin with the beginning. Once, many years ago, still in childhood, I got remanded, for possession of explosives. And 'improvised explosive device' (it turns out, that if a child, which was true at the time of the creation of this 'IED' finds a firework of theirs, leaking powder and for the timebeing, slaps a piece of tape over the hole to prevent having a drawer filled with explosives, plus a quantity of fireworks, not homemade fireworks, just fireworks, which in any case, much later on when discovered had been moved out of sight, reach and knowledge by the child's father years ago, but not destroyed or thrown away, nevertheless, neither in the then adult (or former child's) possession, and nor did I KNOW about the continued existence of these, generic stuff off the shelf, such as roman candles, shooting stars etc)

Long story short, had been using substances overly much of the GABAa agonist type at the time although no drug charges were ever made or even mentioned, and was arrested after an OD, after some paramedic snitched on me after chemicals were mentioned by my old man, IIRC)

Put through court with a view to remand facing further analysis of what was by then, a chemistry hobby, did do pyro stuff as a kid, haven't in many, many many years), but put through the court system in frank, full-blown delirium tremens, hallucinating and totally unaware of my surroundings, in barbiturate withdrawal. Straight from the ER to the court more or less when I should have been put through a hospital in-patient detox. Stayed that way inside, in solitary for I don't know how long, but long enough without even knowing food was being thrown through the hatch in the cell door and left to rot to have lost SO much weight that when I eventually became aware enough to see what was actually before my eyes, I resembled, physically speaking, something that resembled most what you would get if you'd sent Gollum to Auschwitz. Skin and bones and with difficulty standing.

That in its entirety, nearly killed me, I'm pretty sure of it. Whether that was lucky, or unlucky, I am undecided.

After being banged up for nearly a year before my case was looked at, upon which probation for a time and an ankle-tag was the result.

Was accused of being a bomb-maker, (of course, kids are rarely politically aware, and even so, since my childhood the world has changed massively with regards to global prevalence of terrorism)

But they realized (the filth themselves) that no, I have and had absolutely zero connection to such activities. But went ahead regardless.

Anyhow, ever since then, there has been nothing of the kind on the premises, but multiple times, I've lost count now, maybe as many as 10 or even more. Have been raided, my lab trashed, and never a conviction, barely ever a CHARGE. Just come, smash the place up, arrest me whether anything illegal is found or not (the latter being the case) and do some shockingly moronic things (such as for instance, taking bottles of THF and ether out, uncapping them, and then taking alkali metals, fortunately lithium only, and with a relatively high surface area so thank fucking god, they didn't manage to burn down the house when I was inside the cop shop and folk moved out of the house)

As well as malicious things, because they have never been able to charge me, they have kept coming and coming, to smash things, arrest me, hold me, and then release me without charge.

I've had my pets killed deliberately. I've had them arrive with a warrant searching for 'growing weed' (an outright fantasy with no basis in reality whatsoever, no weed grown, bought, or sold and none in the house for that matter either) when I hadn't had anyone come to the house more than 5-6 times in a year, nor had I left the house other than to buy food, the occasional music CDs and attend medical appointments for the neurologic dysfunction I'm now stuck with, which, timeline-wise, happened during/just after the cold-turkey untreated barbiturate withdrawal. Now I have severe anterograde amnesia, I can usually barely feel the sensation of hunger, and as a result its become very difficult to eat. Struggling to keep my life in one piece, because every time I get back on my feet, I've been kicked to the floor again.

Lost a great deal of equipment, and reagents not to seizure, but to wanton destructiveness, without being charged, things like condensers snapped, flasks shatters and their sidearms ripped off, expensive microscale kit broken that is irreplaceable, reagents 'disappearing' and equipment doing the same without ever being declared.

This has carried on multiple times, and twice, the bastards have attempted to coerce false confessions out of me by means of witholding essential (prescribed) medication, of which I take quite a few, again, all legitimately scripted by my doctor. Namely things like the strong doses of pain medication (I've been through codeine, DHC, DHC-XR, oxycontin 80s, fentanyl before finally settling on morphine and lower dose oxy for breakthrough) anticonvulsants withheld, I warned them exactly what would happen if they continued withholding my chlormethiazole. I'd go into seizure. They did, and I did.

Tried telling me 'it could make you sleepy, and we want you to answer our questions, the sooner you do, the sooner you'll get to take your medication, otherwise it could be many hours until our doctor decides to sign it off. Only for their dr that time, to actually SEE me start fitting and promptly administer what I presume was some sort of benzo.

And of late, three particularly moronic episodes along that kind of vein have happened. One where they bursted in, trashed my home and my lab, 'taking samples' of various chemicals, by the generic (I.e not some hazmat team that would have some idea of the risks, just generic coppers opening bottles and pouring things into sample containers at random, which they then closed, numbered, and left on my lab bench, not taking them with them when they arrested me. They never left, those sample bottles are still there.

The stupid bastards shouldn't just walk into a stranger's lab and start messing with things. But doing things like opening the THF, ether and placing alkali metals on the desk taken out of their protective environment, next to the bottles, opening bottles of iodine monochloride and leaving the caps off, leaving the ICl to vaporise into the room. For all they knew, they could have opened something like butyllithium, or white phosphorus, or assuming if they WERE correct, and they aren't, and I was a gen-yoo-wine terrorist fully paid up card-carrying al-qaeda member (I don't even look like one, I am white, english and haven't the merest hint of any middle-eastern descent, nor am I religious, of no creed of any variety, just a white, middle-english atheist), but had I been...whats to say this, that or t'other bottle didn't contain smallpox, or botulinum toxin, or worse. Or chemical agents for that matter. There was of course and never has been anything like that in there, but there is often no shortage of the likes of LAH, flammable solvents, NaH, white P, and other such things that you really wouldn't want to be pointing your face at a container of whilst removing lids and breaking seals. Not to mention a few really quite atrociously foul smelling sulfur and selenium compounds and generically toxic reagents (E.g MeI for example)

I've been knowingly wrongfully arrested (they came accusing me of an illegally held sawn off double-barreled shotgun, in reality an airgun of .177 caliber fitted with a telescopic sight, and with one, long barrel. Quite obviously, nothing of the kind. They knew that before they even left the house, yet still arrested me, although 'no further action', since even here in the UK, one doesn't require a license to own such, and whats more, they at first tried demanding permission to destroy it, and when this was denied, just delayed and delayed and made excuse after excuse, and I STILL haven't got them back, despite my being perfectly within my rights to own what was stolen.)

The last but latest time the filth came round, it was for buying several cans of naphtha. That time, I didn't get busted, because they tried the stupidest excuse that I 'could potentially make some sort of improvised incendiary device'. In other words, start a fire. They left pretty quickly after I pointed out that I could have bought an awful lot more in one fill of a petrol can, that about 80% of households anywhere possess something flammable of a petroleum spirit type, and in fact all I'd need do, IF I were of such a mind, is a piece of tubing, and a mouth, plus a container to put the fuel in, if I were to steal it out of car fuel tanks. Such as that of a police car, which they used to arrive at the house.

Now, they came bearing a warrant, stating that they were looking for 'acetone and peroxides' NOT acetone peroxide (TATP) the compound, but the solvent itself, and 'peroxides' itself/themselves both of which were on the lab shelves and were seen and ignored. They then helped themselves to some SOCl2 and dodecyl mercaptan, and again, in custody , held the threat of physical withdrawal from my medication, in fact making sure it was already beginning before trying to elicit confessions from me.

I'm not rich, I'm stuck with a duty defender and can't afford any swanky lawyer, neither can my family. We are poor, whats left of us since my mother recently died (she had MS and dementia, and they even dragged her out in her wheelchair into the cold in the middle of the fucking night/crack of dawn. Although she is dead now)

Will fill this out more, I need to get offline atm, but will elaborate further if needs be. How the hell, in the UK, does somebody get proper representation when they are poor, in a case-history so damning against the old bill, that it cannot really fail?

There have been thefts too, such as gemstones, intended for the crafting of a gift for somebody, but which 'disappeared' from their containers with no record made of any seizure. There one day, gone the next, piggie in the middle so to speak.

And how do I make sure they don't dare come back? I've been left with PTSD and physical health problems because of these bastards and the years long terror-campaign they have waged.

However one thing I do NOT do, is to back down to bullies. I don't bend my knee to thuggish slime. Its time the scales were balanced. But how. I can't afford to replace masses of reagents and glassware at the drop of a hat, and want to fight for compensation. But without representation, I just don't even know where to start.

T.I.A,

Tsath'
NEMO-Chemistry
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 15-2-2017 at 19:23

All you do is make complaint to the official channels. roughly £250 of solicitor time gets the right paperwork done.

Dont moan at the police station, its the IPC you want to complain too. I know this because I am white but a friend of mine is not, in Scotland not very long ago, people who were not like me were stopped and searched ALOT. My friend is 17 and a really decent guy, his dad paid £250 for a solicitor to make a complaint to the IPC.

Things have changed up here anyway now, stop and search has been cut right back. but my friend got treated really well by the IPC, and he got alot less trouble from the police afterwards.

What is a bit odd is them keep turning up, although my town is small I know for a fact there is very few police around even on a sat night.

Money is really tight, I think its pretty rare these days for them to just 'raid' on the off chance. Even if you were being grassed up for nothing, its pretty stupid them spending the kind of cash it costs to do a raid.

Most the police activity up here is on the roads, nice easy pickings. Bad people tend not to insure cars etc, so they wait for the NPR to ping and pull the driver over. Its pretty effective at catching all kinds of people.

Personally I am paranoid because I have a couple of ltrs of conc Nitric acid, over the top paranoid I guess. But it is unsettling when a pro like Bloggers, get investigated etc. Makes the real amateurs nervous.

I didnt think Blogfast did anything 'naughty', except maybe isolation of metals with Thermite. From what was in the papers, the reaction by the police was complete and utter overkill.

Maybe the law might try using a bit of common sense.......LOL ok yeah forget i said that.
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 15-2-2017 at 21:32

That really sucks. I would start walking around and talking to solicitors, explaining your case and trying to get an idea of what they could do to help. The best ones will reformulate your ideas and improve upon them and explain their plans back to you. The worst ones will just try to convince you to immediately cut a deal. That kind is almost a complete waste of money; they'll rip you off and create unnecessary legal troubles while cutting off valuable legal options--all without your consent. Their only useful function is to serve as a witness against the worst court shenanigans and a liason, and they aren't going to be effective at that if they don't do what you say, so don't waste your time and money.

Also bear in mind that your lawyer has a legal duty to turn you in if they have evidence that you are guilty. Assume that your lawyer is calling up the other side after every legal consultation and discussing it in detail, even the parts where you explain that you are guilty.

Also, reviewing your last chemical order.... there are some things on it I personally wouldn't dare ordering, and while I don't think it is fruitful to speculate about police procedure under those circumstances, any one of the items on that order could have drawn police attention.

Chemetix
Hazard to Others

Mood: Wavering between lucidity and madness

[*] posted on 16-2-2017 at 03:05

It's a shite situation to be in, having any pigs kick the door in and start poking around and go 'Allow? wat we got ere then? The British situation might have moved on from the
fertilizer wielding IRA to the local TATP jihadi, but the eccentric hobby scientist doesn't fit the profile of a danger to the community. As if that concerns the law or lawyers, who write the rules of the game to suit them and their profession. And the pigs just want accountable hours, any nick will do.

Really, the best thing is go radio silent. I mean it's like the fekkin middle ages when alchemy is tantamount to witchcraft to the mouthbreathing authority types.
If you want to engage in the pursuit of knowledge for the sake of it in a modern age, you first have to take on the mindset and practices of a cold war era spy.
Dead letter drops and encrypted communication. Start writing your lab notes in latin and mirror reversed a la Da Vinci.
Make everything de novo, and from OTC sources. To say it's a shame it's come to this, would invalidate the centuries of persecution the intelligentsia have suffered through the ages. Run silent run deep!
DrP
National Hazard

Mood: exothermic

[*] posted on 16-2-2017 at 05:48

Go to a solicitor - sue them.

\"It\'s a man\'s obligation to stick his boneration in a women\'s separation; this sort of penetration will increase the population of the younger generation\" - Eric Cartman
NEMO-Chemistry
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-2-2017 at 07:49

Quote: Originally posted by Chemetix  
It's a shite situation to be in, having any pigs kick the door in and start poking around and go 'Allow? wat we got ere then? The British situation might have moved on from the
fertilizer wielding IRA to the local TATP jihadi, but the eccentric hobby scientist doesn't fit the profile of a danger to the community. As if that concerns the law or lawyers, who write the rules of the game to suit them and their profession. And the pigs just want accountable hours, any nick will do.

Really, the best thing is go radio silent. I mean it's like the fekkin middle ages when alchemy is tantamount to witchcraft to the mouthbreathing authority types.
If you want to engage in the pursuit of knowledge for the sake of it in a modern age, you first have to take on the mindset and practices of a cold war era spy.
Dead letter drops and encrypted communication. Start writing your lab notes in latin and mirror reversed a la Da Vinci.
Make everything de novo, and from OTC sources. To say it's a shame it's come to this, would invalidate the centuries of persecution the intelligentsia have suffered through the ages. Run silent run deep!

Look at 1970 chemistry sets on ebay, full of great stuff, now look at what your allowed! What i dont understand is my parents remember the IRA, Bombs going off a fair bit in the UK, and yet no over reaction like now.

So why all of a sudden the panic over terrorism? The biggest attack was done with aircraft not bombs, dosnt add up does it.
Chemetix
Hazard to Others

Mood: Wavering between lucidity and madness

[*] posted on 16-2-2017 at 14:51

This might come across as controversial, but my thesis on why the 70's didn't have a culture of such overreaction like now is this.
The 70's were the last of the paternalistic society structure, it was breaking down even then, but the simple fact that women had more say in society meant they voiced
their concerns politically. Thus came the rise of the "Somebody think of the children?" culture, where indifference to children's needs was no longer tolerated. Children were seen and not heard, remember! Along with the rise of maternal protective instincts came the 'ooh if it could be dangerous, we'd better not risk it.' way of thinking. Men take risks, Women-not so much.

Ask any woman if she thinks men are generally immature and by and large she'll agree with that viewpoint. The 80's were filled with attempts to reinvent masculinity as something softer, more considerate, the rise of the SNAG is good example of the kind of manscaping women and some men advocated at the time.
Women however, are "manning up" these days, they like Tat as much as the next bloke it seems and are giving traditional male trades and occupations a go. Builders, brickies, mechanics... and so on. But where you would strap a length of timber to your ute with an old leg of a pajama and say 'she'll hold!' women want to use an approved restraining device, be given training on how to use it, conduct a safety audit of the practice before even going to the hardware store. So now every building site has become bubble wrapped in a sort of hi vis fluoro creche. It would be disingenuous of me to not mention the rise of the shock media, the litigious opportunists, an arse covering management style, and politicians and bureaucrats who need to justify their existence with a torrent of unnecessary legislation and paperwork. But I would go as far as to say this could all be an outgrowth of the need to cater to womens' insecurity when dealing with risk compared to mens'.

Is this science? Certainly a society issue. Social science perhaps, but we all know that's an oxymoron.
NEMO-Chemistry
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-2-2017 at 18:08

Quote: Originally posted by Chemetix  
This might come across as controversial, but my thesis on why the 70's didn't have a culture of such overreaction like now is this.
The 70's were the last of the paternalistic society structure, it was breaking down even then, but the simple fact that women had more say in society meant they voiced
their concerns politically. Thus came the rise of the "Somebody think of the children?" culture, where indifference to children's needs was no longer tolerated. Children were seen and not heard, remember! Along with the rise of maternal protective instincts came the 'ooh if it could be dangerous, we'd better not risk it.' way of thinking. Men take risks, Women-not so much.

Ask any woman if she thinks men are generally immature and by and large she'll agree with that viewpoint. The 80's were filled with attempts to reinvent masculinity as something softer, more considerate, the rise of the SNAG is good example of the kind of manscaping women and some men advocated at the time.
Women however, are "manning up" these days, they like Tat as much as the next bloke it seems and are giving traditional male trades and occupations a go. Builders, brickies, mechanics... and so on. But where you would strap a length of timber to your ute with an old leg of a pajama and say 'she'll hold!' women want to use an approved restraining device, be given training on how to use it, conduct a safety audit of the practice before even going to the hardware store. So now every building site has become bubble wrapped in a sort of hi vis fluoro creche. It would be disingenuous of me to not mention the rise of the shock media, the litigious opportunists, an arse covering management style, and politicians and bureaucrats who need to justify their existence with a torrent of unnecessary legislation and paperwork. But I would go as far as to say this could all be an outgrowth of the need to cater to womens' insecurity when dealing with risk compared to mens'.

Is this science? Certainly a society issue. Social science perhaps, but we all know that's an oxymoron.

Science or not, it directly affects the ability of the amateur to participate in it,. The UK and States are different, from my perspective it seems like you just have to prove your not upto no good.

here its a simple case of you cant have it, no matter what you want it for. If you cant discuss it on science site, then its likely that one day science sites will be added to the list.
tsathoggua1
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 18-2-2017 at 10:52

There is no evidence of what they seek. Problem is, I'm stuck with a shite duty solicitor. I've had bad experience with them before and I haven't the money for a proper one. £250? that would mean my not eating for weeks. I'm unemployed, and my only income is a bit of freelancing in the chemical field, and otherwise disability pay, about £20 a week (paid monthly), no, maybe £30 since its just gone up a bit, that I get for mobility allowance (low rate) and was set up ages ago, partly because I'm classically autistic, and partly because of a joint injury that happened years ago, and its taken my hips with it.

Plus ESA, or whatever they call it.

These pigs are complete fucking morons, talking utter bollocks, like 'we should charge you because what if you have an accident' 'what if children get at the chemicals (there aren't any children in existence in the family, and the only way a kid could get to the lab is putting a brick through a window and deliberately going up there and drinking something dangerous. Which personally I find A-incredibly unlikely, and B-if someone was that determined, then they deserve to be burnt alive should they douse themselves in acid.

And even resorting to picking at the thinnest of straws, for example 'you might be able to make an improvised incendiary device with that flammable solvent' (no evidence or speaking to anyone of doing so. Merely possessing pet.ether.)

And on the warrant, what they came looking for, the reason for the raid, at least officially speaking, 'possession of acetone and 'peroxides'' NOT, I stress, preparation of acetone peroxides, but simple possession of acetone and 'peroxides' separately, without having either interact with each other in any way.

Not, without intent, a crime. And now the bastards are holding my computers for forensic analysis. Which considering they raided on the basis of theoretical acts which they had no evidence, despite the legality of it being the case (and for that matter, they raided the lab, there is acetone aplenty there, and H2O2 (9% crap, I only use it for sterilizing petri dishes mainly) and they ignored them completely.

Ruined some iodine monochloride by removing the stopper from the flask and leaving it open to the air. Almost burned my fucking house down with alkali metals ltaken out of their containers and left on the bench top next to opened bottles of THF and EtOEt, diisopropyl ether. I'm just glad it was lithium rather than any of the higher alkali metals, or the LiAlH4. And they it was in flat squares so having a large surface area, presumably prevented ignition.

The atmosphere in the entire house was left IMO toxic and certainly unpleasant. I had to leave all the windows open, extractor fans on, and sleep for several days in a gas mask. The fumes were overwhelming. And I lost all but a few ml from a 500ml flask partially full of ICl. That stuff is not pleasant to have to clean up.

And in my bedroom? I can't even USE that room anymore, fucking bastards just took the bin and threw the contents all over the bed and the floor, left the place absolutely trashed. I've been sleeping on the sofa for months now because my bedroom is quite simply, unfit for human habitation. Its difficult, and painful to bend down, and the effort it'll take to clean the place is not going to be fun. Even opened a jar of used needles and now most of the contents of a sharps bin are all over the floor. I've had several needlestick injuries trying to make a start on cleaning everything up. The room was a little messy to begin with, but only because of clothing accumulating by my bedside waiting for tossing in the wash. There certainly weren't hundreds of fucking used and bent points all over the cunting floor.

Also, that last chemical order someone spoke of, was made AFTER the raid. All they (admitted to) took, was my dodecanethiol and SOCl2. The 'peroxides' they were looking for allegedly, and the acetone all were untouched.

SOCl2...dodecanethiol....odd things to kick off about, and certainly not explosives. Sure, SOCl2 fumes and stinks, and whilst I've never cracked open any of the bottles, dodecanethiol doubtless doesn't smell like fucking roses, but nothing iffy had ever been done, and I'm not even sure what dodecanethiol could be misused for. Possibly some weird ass uber-long chain analog of sulfur mustard ala a modified meyer-clarke synthesis, utilizing SOCl2 rather than HCl or PCl3.

But thats really going out on a limb...bis-(2-chlorododecyl)sulfide? afaik nobody has ever done such a thing, and there certainly were and are no plans to try it. Probably a fairly crap chemical weapon anyway, the vapor pressure would be pretty low no doubt, with such a massive carbon chain. In any case, those two reagents had nothing to do with each other.

And, let me get this right....a raid just in case an act which is not in fact a crime if it IS comitted, that being the stated purpose of the warrant, looking for things legal to possess, without any reasonable suspicion, makes for the warrant being invalid, search being illegal, false arrest, false imprisonment. And as for holding withdrawal from antiseizure medication and opioid pain meds (all legitimately prescribed), adrenal suppression meds and plenty others besides over me to coerce a statement out of me...if I could afford a solicitor, I'm pretty damn sure they would wipe the floor with these fucking bastards. The years of suffering I've been through whilst this shit has happened several times, the PTSD, the having to take benzos, I'm fucking pissed the hell off.

And things just disappearing, like the 8.5 or so carat burmese sapphire, and a smaller (4mm or so) one, intended for making some jewellery, have just vanished. Stolen I think.

Not to mention verbal abuse, I forget which term but some pig quietly muttered 'fucking spacker' or 'fucking spastic' as they walked past.

[Edited on 18-2-2017 by tsathoggua1]
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-2-2017 at 21:02

In the U.S., at least, court appointed attorneys are usually better than all but the very best private attorneys. This is due to two factors:

1. Court appointed attorneys deal with considerably more cases and for that reason are mentally in-shape and unlikely to be rusty on case law and so forth.
2. Court appointed attorneys have tremendous power over the justice system and thus considerable negotiating leverage. For example, by simply asking all of their clients to plead not guilty, they can flood the courts and gridlock the system. This could literally lead to murderers walking free on a technicality in the face of overwhelming evidence. Such is the power of a court-appointed attorney.

NEMO-Chemistry
International Hazard

[*] posted on 19-2-2017 at 02:08

Quote: Originally posted by JJay  
In the U.S., at least, court appointed attorneys are usually better than all but the very best private attorneys. This is due to two factors:

1. Court appointed attorneys deal with considerably more cases and for that reason are mentally in-shape and unlikely to be rusty on case law and so forth.
2. Court appointed attorneys have tremendous power over the justice system and thus considerable negotiating leverage. For example, by simply asking all of their clients to plead not guilty, they can flood the courts and gridlock the system. This could literally lead to murderers walking free on a technicality in the face of overwhelming evidence. Such is the power of a court-appointed attorney.

In the Uk a duty solicitor is normally a Moron by default. I broke some windows last year, I had a great duty solicitor. But I think it was the exception not the rule.

The window thing was my first try at Ethanol consumption, interesting experiment, conclusion............Ethanol is a great solvent but shite for ingesting :D.
tsathoggua1
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 19-2-2017 at 02:34

Well this one appears to be a fucking cretin. Hasn't even bothered to call me about an apparent 'new development'.

And I'm not in the US, I'm from the UK, so US law and legal procedure doesn't apply.

As for EtOH, pretty shit for consumption, better dehydrated to ether, if its going to be drunk at all.
iExplore
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-4-2017 at 12:42

Also bear in mind that your lawyer has a legal duty to turn you in if they have evidence that you are guilty. Assume that your lawyer is calling up the other side after every legal consultation and discussing it in detail, even the parts where you explain that you are guilty.

No they don't. Absolutely nothing could be further from the truth.

There are very rare situations in which client confidentiality can be broken, and they all revolve around an immediate threat to self or others - and it needs to be immediate and actionable, not a generic "I'd like to punch him in the face".

Edited to add: Ah, I notice there is a jurisdictional difference. However, I'd bet a handful of monopoly money that the same applies on both sides of the pond.

[Edited on 11-4-2017 by iExplore]
tsathoggua1
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 16-4-2017 at 10:04

In this case there is no question about guilt or no guilt.

Basically the incompetent pricks (the pork) are having a go at me for possessing SOCl2, under the precursor to chemical weapons section of the convention on chemical weapons.

For fucks sake, its just infuriating, having my lab trashed, over 100ml (less, since some has been used) when the law applies to production facilities, not end users, and even then, to those producing over 30 TONS annually. That, and they themselves admit they have no idea whether or not a crime has even been committed. Came in on a warrant looking for 'acetone and peroxide' (NOT, i should specifiy, TATP/DATP) which to the best of my knowledge, aren't a crime in the first place. Plenty of acetone about, and the dregs of a bottle of 9% H2O2 that only ever gets used for sterilizing IV sites (pain meds, long term screwed up joints, nerve damage, trochanteric bursitis both sides, hurts like hell) or occasionally for petri dishes.

I've no record for violence, and basically, I've had over 10 years of malicious raids, plucking excuses out of the air, and blatantly violating both their own procedure (such as refusing to show either ID or a warrant card number) admitting to fishing for evidence ex post facto, trying to coerce false statements out of me by withholding medical care (holding withdrawal from antiseizure meds, chlormethiazole and nitrazepam, plus oxycodone and morphine over my head, telling me give us a statement and we will bail you and you get to take your meds, otherwise, we're going to make you wait hours) they tried that once before, as well, which, as I warned them would happen, led to a seizure. Luckily the dr on call there witnessed it actually beginning and gave me some sort of benzo, diazepam I think. Holding me without food for days.

I'm REALLY pissed off, but I have little income. I don't doubt if I had a competent lawyer that they would arse rape the filth over this shit, but the useless bastards I'm stuck with can't even be bothered to set up an appointment to discuss the case when repeatedly told to.

Bottom line, is I'm not sure where to turn.
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-4-2017 at 11:51

Quote: Originally posted by iExplore  

No they don't. Absolutely nothing could be further from the truth.

There are very rare situations in which client confidentiality can be broken, and they all revolve around an immediate threat to self or others - and it needs to be immediate and actionable, not a generic "I'd like to punch him in the face".

Edited to add: Ah, I notice there is a jurisdictional difference. However, I'd bet a handful of monopoly money that the same applies on both sides of the pond.

[Edited on 11-4-2017 by iExplore]

It actually depends on whether the crime in question is a misdemeanor or a felony. If your attorney is aware that you committed a misdemeanor, he can actually legally look the other way, though it might give him nightmares at night. If the issue at hand is a felony, though, the attorney *cannot* be an accessory. There are numerous statutes and court procedures that outline the duties of court officers, and informing the court of known unethical behavior is certainly among these in every jurisdiction. If you need attorney-client privilege and your attorney is ok with this, you don't have an attorney - you have an extortionist.

JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-4-2017 at 12:00

Quote: Originally posted by tsathoggua1  

Basically the incompetent pricks (the pork) are having a go at me for possessing SOCl2, under the precursor to chemical weapons section of the convention on chemical weapons.

For fucks sake, its just infuriating, having my lab trashed, over 100ml (less, since some has been used) when the law applies to production facilities, not end users, and even then, to those producing over 30 TONS annually. That, and they themselves admit they have no idea whether or not a crime has even been committed. Came in on a warrant looking for 'acetone and peroxide' (NOT, i should specifiy, TATP/DATP) which to the best of my knowledge, aren't a crime in the first place. Plenty of acetone about, and the dregs of a bottle of 9% H2O2 that only ever gets used for sterilizing IV sites (pain meds, long term screwed up joints, nerve damage, trochanteric bursitis both sides, hurts like hell) or occasionally for petri dishes.

I've no record for violence, and basically, I've had over 10 years of malicious raids, plucking excuses out of the air, and blatantly violating both their own procedure (such as refusing to show either ID or a warrant card number) admitting to fishing for evidence ex post facto, trying to coerce false statements out of me by withholding medical care (holding withdrawal from antiseizure meds, chlormethiazole and nitrazepam, plus oxycodone and morphine over my head, telling me give us a statement and we will bail you and you get to take your meds, otherwise, we're going to make you wait hours) they tried that once before, as well, which, as I warned them would happen, led to a seizure. Luckily the dr on call there witnessed it actually beginning and gave me some sort of benzo, diazepam I think. Holding me without food for days.

I'm REALLY pissed off, but I have little income. I don't doubt if I had a competent lawyer that they would arse rape the filth over this shit, but the useless bastards I'm stuck with can't even be bothered to set up an appointment to discuss the case when repeatedly told to.

Bottom line, is I'm not sure where to turn.

Most cities have some attorney community service organizations where attorneys do pro bono work for causes or people who can't pay for it. In the U.S. two of the biggest are the ACLU (which generally takes up causes) and the Free Legal Society, but there are lots of others. If you call up your local bar association and explain your situation, they can probably make a recommendation.

Fulmen
International Hazard

Mood: Bored

[*] posted on 16-4-2017 at 14:00

Honestly, take a good look at yourself. You've already had a few "incidents" that will make any number of "flags" in the "system". It doesn't matter who's fault it was, you had them. Most people don't go through incidences where your mental faculties are in question, so can you really blame them? I know it's stupid, but that's the way things are right now.

What you need to do is to play ball. There is no way around that except to move to a new town/county/state country to get a fresh start. And the same game is still in play. Stay low, play it safe, keep it clean. Generally there are rules and regulations to comply with. Even if you can't get your foot inside the door it doesn't mean you shouldn't comply with regulations and common sense as far as it is safe and practical.

We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together.
yobbo II
National Hazard

[*] posted on 17-4-2017 at 06:06

The likes of this does not help.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/apr/17/london-bar-b...

iExplore
Harmless

[*] posted on 17-4-2017 at 09:43

For fucks sake, its just infuriating, having my lab trashed, over 100ml (less, since some has been used) when the law applies to production facilities, not end users, and even then, to those producing over 30 TONS annually.

You might want to check on that. Thionyl chloride is a Schedule III chemical - and according to HMGov you are required to report the production of ANY amount of Schedule III chemicals. This appears to apply across the board, including amateur home chemists.

The 30 tonne reporting trigger only applies to Phosphorus, Sulphur, or Flourine.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/chemical-weapons-convention-guid...

All that aside, there are likely to be firms within reasonable distance who handle claims against police. Legal Aid is (is/was/the goalposts keep changing) available for this and, if they think they have a case, they're going to leap on the chance to help you. You also have a route through the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

As another option, contact your nearest Citizens Advice Bureau (who may have some contacts with local pro bono providers) and/or the law department at your local university, as some of them run pro bono "clinics" if you don't mind students working for you, supervised by a legal professional.

Best of luck.

[Edited on 17-4-2017 by iExplore]
iExplore
Harmless

[*] posted on 17-4-2017 at 09:48

There are numerous statutes and court procedures that outline the duties of court officers, and informing the court of known unethical behavior is certainly among these in every jurisdiction. If you need attorney-client privilege and your attorney is ok with this, you don't have an attorney - you have an extortionist.

Thankfully the situation is different in the UK.

The conditions under which I could breach confidence are very strictly limited. However, once somebody tells me that they did something, I'm not allowed to argue in court that they didn't - because I would know that to be untrue, therefore I could not say it without knowingly misleading the court.
clearly_not_atara
International Hazard

Mood: Big

[*] posted on 17-4-2017 at 13:07

Does the UK have pro-bono civil liberties attorneys like the ACLU? Your case may be sufficiently interesting to warrant their attention.

http://liberty-human-rights.org.uk/ is the only thing I could find.
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-4-2017 at 14:42

Quote: Originally posted by iExplore  
There are numerous statutes and court procedures that outline the duties of court officers, and informing the court of known unethical behavior is certainly among these in every jurisdiction. If you need attorney-client privilege and your attorney is ok with this, you don't have an attorney - you have an extortionist.

Thankfully the situation is different in the UK.

The conditions under which I could breach confidence are very strictly limited. However, once somebody tells me that they did something, I'm not allowed to argue in court that they didn't - because I would know that to be untrue, therefore I could not say it without knowingly misleading the court.

Sometimes people misexplain things and then when faced with knowledge of the consequences of telling their story in such a factually incorrect manner, they can remember what actually happened. A proclivity to say things that are not quite factually correct yet incriminating is really quite common among people who find themselves in an attorney's office, or so I would think.... It can make life difficult for a pro bono attorney, though.

tsathoggua1
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 2-6-2017 at 13:10

Presumably iexplore, the reference you made to 'phosphorus, sulfur and fluorine' refers to sch.III chemicals containing these elements (E.g excluding fr.ex, triethanolamine) rather than F2, elemental sulfur and phosphorus allotropes?)

Because SOCl2 would of course fit that description, it is after all, a sch.III sulfur compound.

And the filth didn't actually turn up looking for the SOCl2, it was found incidentally during a break in to my house searching for 'acetone' and 'peroxides', in other words, politically hot words to induce a judge to grant a warrant (I had/have/buy plenty acetone but use relatively little peroxide, and there might have been 200ml at most, probably half that, of OTC 9% stuff that I mostly only use either for generating oxygen to feed into the air intake of a blowtorch when I want to work borosilicate glass, as a kind of DIY oxy-fuel torch or for sterilizing petri dishes.

Never at any time suggestion of having made organoperoxide explosives (which is the case, of these there are, and have been none to find, the only way such could be found in my lab is if the pigs themselves actually concentrated some peroxide and manufactured it themselves)

I'll check with citizen's advice, because I need rid of the so called lawyer I have. I've repeatedly told them, over months, and several bail appointments that I need a face to face talk with the one responsible for my case and they haven't even bothered to call back. Not sire quite which way to go about it, have I anything to lose by going directly to the IPCC?
iExplore
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-6-2017 at 08:30

Presumably iexplore, the reference you made to 'phosphorus, sulfur and fluorine' refers to sch.III chemicals containing these elements (E.g excluding fr.ex, triethanolamine) rather than F2, elemental sulfur and phosphorus allotropes?)

Possibly. I was lifting it from the text, hence the recommendation to check!

I'll check with citizen's advice, because I need rid of the so called lawyer I have. I've repeatedly told them, over months, and several bail appointments that I need a face to face talk with the one responsible for my case and they haven't even bothered to call back. Not sire quite which way to go about it, have I anything to lose by going directly to the IPCC?

Your solicitor should have sent you a letter clearly identifying the solicitor handling your case and who the "supervising solicitor" (usually your solicitor's boss) should be. Raise a complaint with them first. You could always mention that you are considering referring the matter to the SRA and (not or) the Legal Ombudsman. I've seen some supervisors light a fire under the solicitor's arses. Some, unfortunately, don't give a toss for the low-level low-pay Legal Aid cases.

There's not much of an incentive to do a good job when a lot of the LA stuff is paid so poorly that it can sometimes work out as a fraction of minimum wage per hour - hence the drive to provide rubbish service to hundreds of clients instead of good service to tens of clients. It's not right, not by a long stretch, but it's what happens.

Best of luck. I'd recommend a moderately-toned letter or email to the supervisor first, unless you already have another solicitor lined up.
karlos³
International Hazard

Mood: oxazolidinic 8)

[*] posted on 2-7-2017 at 13:53

So, has any progress been made into this matter?

Go To Top